Coral Vue Hydros

Shallow (Now with 100% less rim) Pics pg22

Shallow

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heres my bro-hams tank... He is in the process of upgrading to a 20 gallon long with a 10 gallon sump.

DSC02444.jpg

DSC02443.jpg

DSC02440.jpg

DSC02442.jpg

DSC02439.jpg

DSC02447.jpg

DSC02450.jpg

DSC02452.jpg

The last tank is my parents... its still new..

I ordered a ATI purple plus and it should be here this weekend... Im so excited. Plus my lights will be upgraded to another dual t5...

The combo will be:

Zoomed actinic

Zoomed 10k

ati purple plus

Zoomed actinic

I also revamped the scape a lil bit...

I will post pics of that tomorrow.

I got the other fixture on... Its not hung yet, but its on. Heres some pics of the kinda new scape and my new bubble.

DSC02453.jpg

DSC02454.jpg

DSC02456.jpg

DSC02457.jpg

The light is definetly brighter. I should be getting my ATI purple plus today. :)

• 2 weeks later...

okay a lil update

We got the new return pump inlet thing installed, a check valve in the return pump line, and the custom aluminum lighting rail system.

DSC02470.jpg

DSC02472.jpg

DSC02468.jpg

This tuesday, my ATI bulbs will be here... YAY!

The combo will be

Ati blue+

Ati Aquablue

Ati Purple +

Ati blue +

I think that should look nice

I got a free electronic float switch from a friend... Id like to do an ATO because the evap is crazy with all the surface area on the tank... Could i just simply make the top off with a small pump, some tubing, a five gallon bucket, and the float switch?

More pics... the first one is my little bro's tank

The rest is of mine... the new lights are really awesome. But the camera doesnt do it justice... i also got a bubble coral and a elegance coral.

DSC02477.jpg

DSC02481.jpg

DSC02480.jpg

DSC02478.jpg

Sorry for the crappy pics

Under the Ati combo i posted above the corals pop beautifully

• 4 weeks later...

Here's my parents tank...

DSC02485.jpg

Im apprehensive about posting pics of my tank cuz the lights throw off the camera's colors and theres no customizable wightbalance. If i were to get a rather inexspensive digital camera with all of the good settings, what would you guys recommend?

I orderd the ReefKeeperLite Basic today... cant wait for it to come! :D

Nice tank they have! Is that an LTA in the middle?

It is an LTA, we do know that eventually we r gonna have to find a new home for it and the small marroon clown it hosts -_-

I really want to have a go at sps. i believe my tanks perameters are good for it.

ammonia 0

nitrite 0

nitrate 0<.5

spcific grav or salinity 1.025

phosphates 0

calcium 460 (is that okay?)

alk 10

Lighting:

2 dual 24in t5ho

Ati blue+

Ati aquablue special

Ati purple plus

Ati blue +

Would this be good enough for sps?

The lights are approx 19" to the sandbed

You setup sounds fine for sps just make sure your water parameters stay that way.

I have been reading alot on here... and to my knowledge i wont really have to dose if i keed doing my weekly water changes... unless theres alot of alk and calc intake. Right? sorry for all of the questions i just wanna get my stuff right.

That's correct. Until your sps begin absorbing alk and cal faster than you can replenish them with water changes you will be fine.

okay cool, im not planning to have exclusively sps, but i would like some monti cap and birdsnest

Thankyou alot Rehype... youve been one of the most helpful people on here. Much appreciated

I wish i could get some better pics of my tank. Our camera doesnt have a white balance that does any justice. In the pics it makes my prettiest corals look like poo. :angry:

I dont think i posted it but for my birthday i got a badass bubble coral and purple tipped elegance coral theyre both about 3"x5"

The other day i got a bright orange open brain

First off,

DSC02490.jpg

Even though its only a basic, i love it.

Second,

DSC02487.jpg

DSC02486.jpg

Just got the Maxima last night for forty bucks and it was tank raised. He is about 1.5"

(Sorry for the bad pics, the color is more white and a lil purple)

DSC02488.jpg

And a FTS

DSC02492.jpg

Archived