ReefCleaners.org

Shallow (Now with 100% less rim) Pics pg22

Shallow

Sorry bro.. but that T5 thread is pretty much the holy grail on this site regarding bulb combos. Keep looking through that massive thread until you find the color you like.

Also just a word, some colors you see in the pictures in that thread may be represented poorly or inaccurately because cameras can't always capture the true colors of those bulbs. The only way to really know what works for you, is to base your judgement off the pictures you see, test out that actual combination, and then decide if you like it in person or not. Finding the bulb combo you like the best is really all trial and error for the most part.

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry bro.. but that T5 thread is pretty much the holy grail on this site regarding bulb combos. Keep looking through that massive thread until you find the color you like.

Also just a word, some colors you see in the pictures in that thread may be represented poorly or inaccurately because cameras can't always capture the true colors of those bulbs. The only way to really know what works for you, is to base your judgement off the pictures you see, test out that actual combination, and then decide if you like it in person or not. Finding the bulb combo you like the best is really all trial and error for the most part.

Im looking for a bluish/purple... What would i achieve with the combo i listed?

+1.

But for what little it's worth, I'm actually going to go with the bulb combo you've listed above when I upgrade later this fall. And one of my favorite tanks in the T5HO thread uses that combo.

+1.

But for what little it's worth, I'm actually going to go with the bulb combo you've listed above when I upgrade later this fall. And one of my favorite tanks in the T5HO thread uses that combo.

Cool... i like the blue purple look...

You can but they need to have individual reflectors....such as the ATI or Tek fixtures.

with individual reflectors... does it concentrate the light better?

im not sure if im going with a clam at all i was just curious

BTW what would be a good quad t5 combo that would get a bluish purple color?

I was thinking about doing

ATI blue+

ATI Aquablue Special

ATI Purple

ATI Blue+

with individual reflectors... does it concentrate the light better?

im not sure if im going with a clam at all i was just curious

BTW what would be a good quad t5 combo that would get a bluish purple color?

I was thinking about doing

ATI blue+

ATI Aquablue Special

ATI Purple

ATI Blue+

Your correct it ensures all that good T5 light is directed into your tank and not elsewhere. Those fixtures also have fans that actively cool the bulbs which in turn makes them more efficient and last longer.

If your want a mostly bluish with a hint of purple go with:

ATI Blue+

ATI Blue+

ATI Blue+

ATI Purple+

I'll try to find some pics of this combo

ATI Blue+

ATI Blue+

ATI Blue+

ATI Purple+

Thanks alot...

What would be some good sps to start out with... right now theres a small colony of birdnest and it seems to be doing good

Np...well im a big fan of montipora digi. They come in great colors have awesome branching patterns,grow quickly, and theyre relatively inexpensive.

what about the monti caps', they are the plate looking ones... right? i love those guys too... i'll look into maybe getting some digi...

this peice of sps i have was really cheap... so its not the prettiest.

yeah i think its 24x24x12. is it a deep blue 30 gal mini frag? if so i was thinking about the rimless version of this in the future. Its between this or the mr aqua 33.6 (approx. 24x18x18) or the ada 60h (new version is same as mr aqua 33.6) if i have the money at the time. i love the super shallow though.

nice start. what are you thinking to upgrade the lighting to and do you have any livestock plans?

I have the same tank as yours. I de-rimmed that sucker . It came out great

IMAG0035.jpg

I have the same tank as yours. I de-rimmed that sucker . It came out great

IMAG0035.jpg

I wanted to de rim mine... but my dad and i decided against it considering that we I crap myself if we messed it up... Plus the tank was 50 bucks... i dont have alot of money to throw around.

what about the monti caps', they are the plate looking ones... right? i love those guys too... i'll look into maybe getting some digi...

this peice of sps i have was really cheap... so its not the prettiest.

Yep i love monticaps as well thats why i have one as a center piece in my tank.

Under the right lighting and water conditions im sure that piece will color back up.

Okay... i really want to do leds. I would like to use one of aquatyles dimmable kits. But im not sure how many leds should i get. Should i get the 36 or the 72 and not run them at full power. I want even coverage for the full tank. Suggestions and pics would be much appreciated.

But i think im leaning towards more this...

two dual 24" t5's seperated by aquastyles 24 dimmable kit.

All of this mounted on a custom aluminum track system

Once we build it I'll definetly show pics

Okay... i really want to do leds. I would like to use one of aquatyles dimmable kits. But im not sure how many leds should i get. Should i get the 36 or the 72 and not run them at full power. I want even coverage for the full tank. Suggestions and pics would be much appreciated.

Here is my aquastyle 36 led dimmable kit. It was still a little cloudy as my tank just started yesterday. My tank is a 60 gallon cube, 24x24x24. It is really bright.

IMG_3688.jpg

Here is my aquastyle 36 led dimmable kit. It was still a little cloudy as my tank just started yesterday. My tank is a 60 gallon cube, 24x24x24. It is really bright.

IMG_3688.jpg

Looks awesome and its just taller than mine. Looks like you get good coverage... i dont see why i wouldnt get good coverage and brightness... Would i be able to do some SPS?

Forgive my lousy sketch-up skills but here is how I laid it out. I put the led's on a 24x10 heatsink. I showed the t-5's just in case I thought I needed them for supplementation but as of now I see no reason for them. I went with the larger heatsink for even coverage across the tank. Obviously I don't how the layout will work since my tank is brand new but it is bright across the entire footprint. I have 17RB, 13 W (mix of CW and NW), 2 Red and 4 UV.

ledjpeg.jpg

Archived