ReefCleaners.org

DloG's Drilled 60-P

dlogfx

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love what your doing with this tank.... I have the GU10's as well on my 5G. Does that skimmer skim pretty wet? Id like to do something simular.

The skim is on the wet side but it could be adjusted to be dryer.

This is what it picked up.

b40a0df3.jpg

• 2 months later...

I have few major updates. About 3 months ago I moved everything into a new ADA 60p (17g), I just didn't have enough room in the 10g and plus the ADA glass so much better. So now the old 10g is going to be new sump and I will be using the MAME Overflow. For the return pump I went with a Eheim 1250 and Bubble Magus NAC 3.5 to do the skimming. Here is a video that shows the sump and Mame Overflow test.

So over the long weekend I finally got to add some lights to my fixture. I upgraded from 10 to now 18 GU10 4x1w lights in my fixture. It is noticeably brighter and my corals are looking normal again. No more stretched out corals starving for light. Now I’m going to working on modifying each GU10 to add warm white, green and red to make my spectrum a little wider.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried out the Mame Overflow for a few weeks and decided to part with it because I just did not want to deal with cleaning it every few weeks. Since I now had a sump decided to just drill my tank over the weekend. I put some black vinyl to hide the new GH overflow and the pipe work. I’m now really happy with my overflow setup.

Now I’m focusing on my lighting issue. I friend let me barrow a PAR meter and I discovered that my current DIY fixture is giving really low PAR (200 at the surface). I want to have SPS but with my current lighting any SPS browns and eventually bleaches out. Ill probably end up going with the AI Sol blue since I like the LED look but I’m still looking at other options.

• 4 weeks later...

Nice tank love the scape :happy: I also have just purchased a 60-p im still not sure whether to go down the sump route or external filter route! Did you order your Mame overflow directly from Japan? if so can you tell me where? I live in the UK and you cant get hold of them here. Thanks

Nice tank love the scape :happy: I also have just purchased a 60-p im still not sure whether to go down the sump route or external filter route! Did you order your Mame overflow directly from Japan? if so can you tell me where? I live in the UK and you cant get hold of them here. Thanks

Go sump and never look back. I had a canister filter when I first stated this tank and the difference in water quality is night n day.

A friend picked up my Mame overflow when he was on a business trip in Japan. I tried for a few months to get a store to ship one to me internationally but never have any success. I'm not using the Mame anymore; its a really clean look but didn't want to deal with cleaning it every few months.

So what are you doing with the Mame now?! I just finished making two pvc ones.. Lol The first was as tall as the tank (9inches) which didn't work out because I am putting a 2.5 gallon sump right behind it. Lol So I made another one that is 3 inches shorter.

So what are you doing with the Mame now?! I just finished making two pvc ones.. Lol The first was as tall as the tank (9inches) which didn't work out because I am putting a 2.5 gallon sump right behind it. Lol So I made another one that is 3 inches shorter.

I just have it sitting in a box, I'm trying to decide if I'll part with it.

• 2 weeks later...

I just picked up some new live rock and it looks great. For now I have it in my sump until I get some time to ad it to my display.

6769212297_952a4950b7_z.jpg

I also picked up red firefish goby. I put one of my clowns in the sump until the goby settles in.

6769320753_d22889f43a_z.jpg

Archived