Coral Vue Hydros

~ Candy Land ~ New Pics up Radions are UP! Tons of Top Downs.

FlCandy

omgomgomg

I'd go with whatever you're having trouble finding more (sounds like the fish).

If they offer free shipping I'd save and do that, when you do you're basically getting $35 free in a way.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bet I could add 2 small like 2" fish and be fine, as well as the pistol shrimp, I bet my tank would be okay but ACK! They both go on backorder so quick! Can't even order them until a week from Wednesday! I would be willing to wait on the frags I just want my tank clear and to be able to get the fish.

LOL I think I will go with the Gobie/Shrimp pair first as they go on backorder quicker and I can always find a Midas.

Yay probably a fish being ordered in the near future!

surgicalsense
Alright another boring pic update! Nothing new in the tank as of now but this shows some Coraline growth over the last few weeks far better then the other pics.

20111027161250378.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This was a piece of DBR and you can see the pink coraline coming in! So cool! (I'm so lame algae growth excites me :P !)

20111027161155768.jpg

I love this rock! The encrusting coraline is coming in like crazy!

20111027161324441.jpg

Pretty impressed with the camera phone.

So that's it for now.... still a little cloudy but I have decided I need to move it this weekend I want to get it on the new stand.... Andrew honey I need your help! LOL ;)

Everyone looks good though Chimi and Changa are happily eating the pods they find on the glass as I have decided to go to every other day feedings (they were a bit chubby). Poop is now normal! :) and since I took those pics yesterday the coraline has come in even more.

Very happy with the way this tank is settling into itself right now..... very happy.

The coralline looks great, love the way it is coming in with both colors. Sorry I never took the pictures of my LR (camera is awful). The snails seem to be somewhat taking care of it.

I've ordered from Bluezoo before...they're great. I'm excited for you, getting a new fish or two :)

Oh...and your pH is probably low from only running lights for 4hrs. a day..so I definitely wouldn't worry about that reading.

Yeah I figured, he made it sound like I was letting the fish swim in acid but I was pretty sure that level is closer to 6.0 so not too worried. I know they need to sell additives like that so they can stay open it's an amazing store even has a bunch of big 2-3" pink monti cap frags and HUGE Zoa colonies for dirt cheep!

I can deal with them trying to sell me that buffer for now as I am working on the algae and know why (figured it was the light cyle) it's low.

Thanks for the confirmation though! I figure if everything else is testing perfect and the fish/inverts are happy I am not chasing the perfect PH I will just be sire to acclimate correctly for sure.

Thanks

Not to mention you said you were even on a total blackout with the tank. That would definitely affect the pH. Sounds like an awesome LFS. Wish I had one closer to me (cheap prices).

Seeing as you work at a Vet. Which flea control method do you use with your pets? I have tried to avoid those spot flea treatments and managed to go 15 years without ever using them. But, this year has been horrific with the fleas. My brittany spaniel ended up with a skin infection. The dr. said it was from the fleas but I think it's a combination of fleas and too many baths. Chloe (Bichon) was a flea magnet. I was constantly bathing her. The cats were my hopeless cause. I can't bathe them. Last time I did, my one revolted and pee'd on my son's bed....argh! We were doing baths. I was vacuuming everyday. Watering the yard to a soaking. It just wasn't enough this year. So I broke down and got Advantage and Advantix from the vet. Seems to have done the trick. Just curious what you do or recommend at your practice? We never get cold enough to completely kill the fleas which I bet is the same for you in Florida! Oh and sorry for the off topic :)

Not to mention you said you were even on a total blackout with the tank. That would definitely affect the pH. Sounds like an awesome LFS. Wish I had one closer to me (cheap prices).

Seeing as you work at a Vet. Which flea control method do you use with your pets? I have tried to avoid those spot flea treatments and managed to go 15 years without ever using them. But, this year has been horrific with the fleas. My brittany spaniel ended up with a skin infection. The dr. said it was from the fleas but I think it's a combination of fleas and too many baths. Chloe (Bichon) was a flea magnet. I was constantly bathing her. The cats were my hopeless cause. I can't bathe them. Last time I did, my one revolted and pee'd on my son's bed....argh! We were doing baths. I was vacuuming everyday. Watering the yard to a soaking. It just wasn't enough this year. So I broke down and got Advantage and Advantix from the vet. Seems to have done the trick. Just curious what you do or recommend at your practice? We never get cold enough to completely kill the fleas which I bet is the same for you in Florida! Oh and sorry for the off topic :)

Be careful with the Advantix around cats! It is SUPER toxic if the cats and the dogs groom each other or share a bed not good.

Cat's that have accidentally had Advantix applied to them or have groomed a dog with this on them will go into convulsions and die. (sorry not to be blunt read the insert that comes with it or look it up on Bayer's website)

I don't use topical solutions on my cats anymore and watch them around the dog as my Lisa will groom her and play with her so I don't want to risk it.

With my dog I use something called Comfortis, it's a once a month flea tablet you give them with a mean and it kills all the fleas before they can lay eggs. They eat it like heartworm prevention, there is also Trifexis which is Comfortis and TriHeart (Heartgurad) all in one and does the same thing and prevents heartworms and Intestinal parasites. I like it because there is no greasy residue left on the dog and you don't have to worry about bathing them too much. The only thing we warn about is possible vomiting after given the meds, that's why we say with a meal. (Works like Capstar but for 30 days and for dogs only.)

The cats, you can get a few Capstars (under 25 pounds) and give them this, it will kill all live biting fleas within 30 minutes! ;) This one is only a 24 hour fix (can give it every other day by mouth) so you still need to treat the house and yard. I hate applying anything to my mews as my older one Chewy has been burnt by the most reputable of flea treatments, so against everything I am taught they never get treated just the dog.

I love this LFS their awesome you can order from them online to Oceanworldcorals.com the pics are exactly what their corals looks like!

OH and a new FTS!

299170_10150371366809029_659639028_8292940_463220547_n.jpg

It's looking better! :)

Much better in person the phone doesn't know how to process the cloudiness so it makes it more so, but nearly 100% better then before, look at the background I had when I got the clowns vs. now!

I fought the algae and I won! Booyah! :lol:

Your clowns look soooo adorable in the tank!!!! Sometimes I wish I had a pair of clowns instead of just one. I actually tried to pair my B/W with a regular O. It didn't work out.

Tank is looking awesome! Can't wait to see it filled with coral too :)

Oh...thanks for the pm (flea info)!!!!

Thanks gena! I love them, they are such little beggers! And they don't attack my hand as of yet when I am in the tank, they just check me out, getting braver though..... :happy:

NW I do that all day every day! You wouldn't imagine how many people ask me about health issues and want me to diagnose their pet! I know the meds, the vet is the Dr for a reason! I have enough responsibility with the day to day care of the fur babies I don't want to be the Dr ever!

I've had 2 pairs of clowns and 2 singles, in my reefing career, and have never had a clown(s) try to attack me. Thank goodness :)

LOL I would freak the first time I bet. Woogaile says his bite and smack him with their fins! I was like :eek:

I bet they are scared of the siphon hose! Thats why they stay back staring at me. They watch the water come down too like OMG! omgomgomg

Clownfish is definitely a proper name for these little buggers!

So pretty! I don't know what to suggest. You don't have any coral yet, right? I might be tempted to get a coral if I already have fish in the tank. Can't wait to see what you decide to do :)

So pretty! I don't know what to suggest. You don't have any coral yet, right? I might be tempted to get a coral if I already have fish in the tank. Can't wait to see what you decide to do :)

I'd get coral too, a Midas is a Midas is a Midas.. Zoas can be pretty different across the board. B)

Yeah we are going coral, next week Wednesday at least 1 nice frag and the Calc, Alk, Mag tests too, ahhh money you can never have enough. ;)

I really want to get some corals, may even get a nice Frogspawn too when I get the zoas, something for the clowns to host. LOL

That pic BTW is in their $20 selection.

Trick or treat! :)

Oh wait... :sees that nobody is home and see's a take one sign on the bowl of candy:

... Hmmm... :takes the entire bowl:

"It said take one! >:("

"I DID take one... I took one bowl. ;)"

Trick or treat! :)

Oh wait... :sees that nobody is home and see's a take one sign on the bowl of candy:

... Hmmm... :takes the entire bowl:

"It said take one! >:("

"I DID take one... I took one bowl. ;)"

Not fair to everyone! And you took the bowl too! :o

How Rude! :P

I think someone did that to us last year. I had a giant bowl on the front porch with the sign. Came back to an empty bowl!!!!! This year is the first year my son didn't want to trick-or-treat so we're having fun handing out the candy :)

Nice deal on the $20 zoas!!!!!

Yeah looking forward to it!

LOL I remember the houses that did that when I was a kid, I always thought it was silly and they shouldn't do it but I was a good kid .... ;)

Andrew got to hand out the candy with Lilly our lab, I got to drive my crazy sister into work. -_-

I had a kid dressed as a concession guy from like a baseball game come to my house. I asked him for a hotdog and he threw my candy back at me, screamed no, and ran off. I ate his candy.

I had a kid dressed as a concession guy from like a baseball game come to my house. I asked him for a hotdog and he threw my candy back at me, screamed no, and ran off. I ate his candy.

omgomgomg

WTF! Why did he do that!

I dunno. Not to sound mean, but I don't think he was right. That's just my honest assessment of the situation. Either that or he lacks a whole lot of discipline in his life. We had a little over 100 tonight.

Archived