Coral Vue Hydros

~ Candy Land ~ New Pics up Radions are UP! Tons of Top Downs.

FlCandy

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Your clowns are cute. Are they behaving themselves? Mine are NOT! Recently my babies have been lashing out by attacking my hand. Its not just a lil peck either, Sylvia grabs hold and then whips her head/body around trying to draw blood... Brat! :angry:

They are doing great! They are still fighting it out and Changa is definitely the dominant one, I caught them eating the pods the other night and laughed. I am pretty sure they are hosting the Intake for the Fluval as they are rubbing it like they would a Nem or Coral and then messing with each other before they look for food.

Silly CLowns! ;)

They are doing great! They are still fighting it out and Changa is definitely the dominant one, I caught them eating the pods the other night and laughed. I am pretty sure they are hosting the Intake for the Fluval as they are rubbing it like they would a Nem or Coral and then messing with each other before they look for food.

Silly CLowns! ;)

Thats good to hear. I guess mine have hosted the back right corner of my tank. They attack and get all crazy when I get my hand near it.

You cant help but notice the clowns in your pics. Glad you got black and whites. TTYTomorrow FICandy, im bouncing work in 5. :D

Thats good to hear. I guess mine have hosted the back right corner of my tank. They attack and get all crazy when I get my hand near it.

You cant help but notice the clowns in your pics. Glad you got black and whites. TTYTomorrow FICandy, im bouncing work in 5. :D

I know they POP!

TTYL have a good night!

OH! Got this awesome TV stand (totally solid and will be reinforced a bit) which I am going to convert into a tank Stand. It will lower it about 2-3 inches so I can reach the sand bed without being on tip toes! And then I can organize everything instead of having it all KIND of organized!

I will post pics tomorrow of the new stand, it held a HUGE Plasma TV so I am pretty sure it can hold the tank, I also got on it and jumped up and down (imagine that in a house! :lol: ) and it doesn't even shift, the stand the tank is on now will rock back and fourth :scarry: so I want to move it ASAP.

Probably next WC this coming Saturday or Sunday........

Excited! It matches the rest of the living room furniture too so score there as well!

:happydance:

I bet it looks awesome! What's the plan with moving the tank? Having just moved the 20 with no help I can safely say 46 will be a #####! :lol:

HAHA Right now Drain about 3/4 of the tank remove most of the rock into a bucket of water and place tank on the new stand with minimal lifting. Husband and I should just have to slide it forward off the stand then lower it so no major lifting.

That's the plan.... But as you know all great plans can change! ;)

We moved a Hex tank this way many times when I had the fully planted FW setup. It was about 40-50 gallons but I never measured to be sure and the converters confuse me I hate math! :angry: Had a huge 20 lb piece of driftwood and a 2" sand bed. Never lost a fish doing it this way so fingers crossed!

Fricking new stand weighs more then me! I am so stoked! :happydance:

Your tank is looking great. Your orchids are jaw dropping gorgeous...I'm so impressed! I've never tried to grow them because I hear they are so difficult. You definitely must have a green thumb :)

Can't wait to see your new stand too!

Your tank is looking great. Your orchids are jaw dropping gorgeous...I'm so impressed! I've never tried to grow them because I hear they are so difficult. You definitely must have a green thumb :)

Can't wait to see your new stand too!

Thanks so much!

Really all it was that changed the game for me was the soil. I kept losing them after blooming because of the cruddy Orchid potting mix. Key is Miracle Gro Moisture Control Potting soil! Water once a week and watch them go POW! ;)

I am so excited for the tank and to move it to the new stand! I am dying to get it done, but I don't have the time tonight as I have to be up at 6 tomorrow. Bleh! And I won't have his help until this weekend so yeah I am not attempting anything like this without him as it outweighs me by a few 100lbs! :P

Thanks so much!

Really all it was that changed the game for me was the soil. I kept losing them after blooming because of the cruddy Orchid potting mix. Key is Miracle Gro Moisture Control Potting soil! Water once a week and watch them go POW! ;)

I am so excited for the tank and to move it to the new stand! I am dying to get it done, but I don't have the time tonight as I have to be up at 6 tomorrow. Bleh! And I won't have his help until this weekend so yeah I am not attempting anything like this without him as it outweighs me by a few 100lbs! :P

Thanks for the orchid tip! You definitely need to wait for help with the stand. In the meantime...it's a good thing you don't live in earthquake country!

Thanks for the orchid tip! You definitely need to wait for help with the stand. In the meantime...it's a good thing you don't live in earthquake country!

I know what would I do! I would have it braced like crazy! LMAO

Your tank is amazing BTW, love it!

I know what would I do! I would have it braced like crazy! LMAO

Your tank is amazing BTW, love it!

awe..thanks :happy: I'm pretty happy with it. Especially now that I'm making some head way with the algae!

Every night when I go to sleep I pray no earthquake topples my tank over. I'm not a California native so I don't take any tremors lightly!

awe..thanks :happy: I'm pretty happy with it. Especially now that I'm making some head way with the algae!

Every night when I go to sleep I pray no earthquake topples my tank over. I'm not a California native so I don't take any tremors lightly!

Same for me re the algae! Just beat it down into submission after a long drawn out battle! :owned:

I would be nailing everything down! I don't fly well I like the ground to stay where it's supposed to under my feet, and in one place! :P

It's definitely going to be a long drawn out battle!

It's almost the weekend! I bet you are anxious to get that tank moved :)

I may end up waiting but I don't want to. IDK I will see if Andrew is up to helping me this weekend he is having a bad week at work. LOL

Alright another boring pic update! Nothing new in the tank as of now but this shows some Coraline growth over the last few weeks far better then the other pics.

20111027161250378.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This was a piece of DBR and you can see the pink coraline coming in! So cool! (I'm so lame algae growth excites me :P !)

20111027161155768.jpg

I love this rock! The encrusting coraline is coming in like crazy!

20111027161324441.jpg

Pretty impressed with the camera phone.

So that's it for now.... still a little cloudy but I have decided I need to move it this weekend I want to get it on the new stand.... Andrew honey I need your help! LOL ;)

Everyone looks good though Chimi and Changa are happily eating the pods they find on the glass as I have decided to go to every other day feedings (they were a bit chubby). Poop is now normal! :) and since I took those pics yesterday the coraline has come in even more.

Very happy with the way this tank is settling into itself right now..... very happy.

Everything's looking good! I'm still confused why your water is cloudy :huh:

I've been trying to figure it out ever since it got that way.

Sweet coralline action :) don't worry, I get excited about it too.

Everything's looking good! I'm still confused why your water is cloudy :huh:

I've been trying to figure it out ever since it got that way.

Sweet coralline action :) don't worry, I get excited about it too.

I don't think I rinsed the rocks well enough after I scrubbed them and there was some smushed algae left alover them and it decided to go suspended. Other then that I can't figure it out.

I am cleaning the filter floss as I type! LOL well as soon as I am done with this as I don't want to hurt my Mac! LOL

Edit: It's really not that cloudy, I only had the blues on and it looks green instead of the see-through milky color it really is, nearly clear though just not all the way.

Damn algae....

I wish I was in the middle of the tank transfer as well but I literally just got home from work, had 3 emergencies and one is hospitalized for the weekend poor kitty, and did a Chemo Treatment on a 120lb lab today as well... omgomgomg <this was me running around all day!

I think next weekend is the Do or Die weekend, I get out early then and can watch the tank for the 2 days like I want to. Very frustrated........ :angry:

Darn....too bad you couldn't do it this weekend. That's ok though. You were working wonderful miracles with the fur babies :) I'll look forward to next weekend!

I do it for the fur babies, not the owners. LOL

Side note got 10 gallons of SW at the LFS and did another change as well as have them confirm my correct params :happydance: and test me for the reef stuff to Calc, Alk, Mag all are in good range and they are an amazing LFS. The only one that was low/off was PH it is reading 7.6 but if everything is stable and the fish/inverts are happy I am not going to sweat it too much.

I have been running a 4 hour light cycle with yesterday being total darkness to get this under control. WC and another 24 hours finger crossed, I am at least making headway! I can now see fully to the back of the tank and lengthwise as well. Still through a slight film but dern close!!

So I am a go for a first frag next Wednesday, not this one next one. They have HUGE Zoa Colonies for $20 and Frogspawn as well! I'm talking 50-100 heads on the Zoas, and 2-3 on the frogs.

Looking forward to it! Andrew saw a torch coral he liked though so IDK I may have to change out for a torch! It was really awesome dark purple tentacles with neon green tips, tiny frag but really bright....

I hope to get pics to you guys in a day or so, I can't believe I am on page 10 WOW! Thanks for all the help and support almost at the 3 month mark! NTS is almost over! :P

OMG BlueZooAquatics has both the Midas Blenny and my Randali Gobie in stock!

I am assuming I should add the Midas first as he is peaceful and the Gobie after as he is classified as aggressive wherever I read.

Or does it not matter IDK I don't want anyone getting too harassed so I want to minimize stress as much as possible.

OMG OMG

Corals or the fish! Well I can do both through Blue Zoo! OMG! ARGH I want to have $$$ now! LOL

Archived