Cultivated Reef

~ Candy Land ~ New Pics up Radions are UP! Tons of Top Downs.

FlCandy

It bugs me when people don't properly train their dogs, regardless of size. I personally love big dogs and can't stand it when people give large breeds a bad name by letting them run wild.

On another note, I have a mini lop bunny that could kick the ass of a lot of small breed dogs :P

My bunny would kick a dogs butt too! :lol:

Our 'big' dog (she's about 40 pounds) is half beagle and her hunting instinct is crazy. She always tries to go after little dogs she doesn't know but she's fine with our mini doxie. I don't know if more socialization would have helped as she was a rescue so she was 3 or 4 when we got her.

Yeah its that critical time between 16 weeks and 6 months. ;)

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
altolamprologus
oh my gosh...I love the mini lop bunnies!!!!!

I'll try to get a pic of him soon

My bunny would kick a dogs butt too! :lol:

It's funny how bunnies can be mean when they need to be. I used to have a rabbit years ago (intact female) who would chase down any cats that came into the yard. After a while the cats learned to avoid her :lol: She even kicked the asses of the two male rabbits that lived next door. I guess they weren't good enough to be her baby daddies

Can I play the "Tell stories about bad neighbours" game too!?

We just moved into a condo building last October. Our neighbour that lives above us enjoys playing music VERY loudly, day and night. I guess I can't really complain during the day, it's just annoying when I'm trying to study and write papers. She does however host parties (sometimes even on weeknights) that run fairly late, and I could literally sing the words to the songs I could hear them so clearly. She also apparently wears heels or army boots clomping around all the time.

We also have a lady that lives across from our building, but owns one of the suites and rents it out, and her son comes into our gym and smokes pot. A lady went in there one time and called another person that lives here who works for the Vancouver PD and now the kid intimidates the hell out of her. Apparently he also shot paintballs at the construction workers when the place was being built 5 years ago. I just hope I never run into him....

And just my 5 cents, I also hate the people who give pitties and rotties a bad name. I love pitties, they are my favourite dogs. The blue ones are so cute :D

altolamprologus

OK I've got a story about bad neighbors. At the last apartment complex I was at, we had a neighbor we called "crazy lady". It started with her leaving us food on our fence. Every couple weeks, new food would show up. Sometimes it would be canned food, sometimes vegetables. One time I overheard her son yelling at her that she needs to stop giving their food away to other people. The she placed some food on my fence. Later on, I saw her put out plates of homemade food on top of the recycle bins almost every night.

She moved away after a few months, but later on moved back, this time right above me. One time I went out onto the patio (it's in the front of the apartment) and I saw her staring through the gap in the gate. We made eye contract but she didn't do anything, just stood there. I went inside to tell my mom how creepy it was and by the time I went back out, she was gone.

My brother has insomnia and goes out side to smoke a few times a night and would always see her walk out to her car in her pajamas and drive somewhere. She would return hours later in the middle of the night. BTW she's like 50 something so she's not going to parties. She would also vacuum 10-15 times a day, and several times during the night.

One time I was in the local beauty supply store with my mom looking for new hair dye and crazy lady was there. The next day I saw here hair was the same color blonde as my mom's.

Here's the icing on the cake: water started running down our wall one day, coming from the ceiling (crazy lady's apartment). My mom went upstairs to ask what was going on. Crazy lady's son yelled her saying we must have left our bath tub or sink running and slammed the door in her face. So my mom called maintenance and they went up there. When the guy came back, he said they had dismantled the plumbing under the kitchen sink and let it flood their apartment, but when he told them they can't be damaging the property like that, they said it broke on it's own and they were waiting for the water to stop.

There's more, but I think you guys get the point :lol:

OK I've got a story about bad neighbors. At the last apartment complex I was at, we had a neighbor we called "crazy lady". It started with her leaving us food on our fence. Every couple weeks, new food would show up. Sometimes it would be canned food, sometimes vegetables. One time I overheard her son yelling at her that she needs to stop giving their food away to other people. The she placed some food on my fence. Later on, I saw her put out plates of homemade food on top of the recycle bins almost every night.

She moved away after a few months, but later on moved back, this time right above me. One time I went out onto the patio (it's in the front of the apartment) and I saw her staring through the gap in the gate. We made eye contract but she didn't do anything, just stood there. I went inside to tell my mom how creepy it was and by the time I went back out, she was gone.

My brother has insomnia and goes out side to smoke a few times a night and would always see her walk out to her car in her pajamas and drive somewhere. She would return hours later in the middle of the night. BTW she's like 50 something so she's not going to parties. She would also vacuum 10-15 times a day, and several times during the night.

One time I was in the local beauty supply store with my mom looking for new hair dye and crazy lady was there. The next day I saw here hair was the same color blonde as my mom's.

Here's the icing on the cake: water started running down our wall one day, coming from the ceiling (crazy lady's apartment). My mom went upstairs to ask what was going on. Crazy lady's son yelled her saying we must have left our bath tub or sink running and slammed the door in her face. So my mom called maintenance and they went up there. When the guy came back, he said they had dismantled the plumbing under the kitchen sink and let it flood their apartment, but when he told them they can't be damaging the property like that, they said it broke on it's own and they were waiting for the water to stop.

There's more, but I think you guys get the point :lol:

OMG!

Wow guys glad it's not just me with the crazy neighbors!

On a side note did the WC all looks awesome! And went to my first Zumba class, WOW! Man that's a workout, kicked my butt, my legs feel like jelly! :lol:

Oh cool! Zumba is apparently really popular in my neighbourhood,there are always signs and business cards of people that teach classes posted on our corkboard by the elevator.

What exactly is it?

Alto wins the ultimate "crazy neighbor" award :lol: Wow!!!!!! I love my neighbor now :lol:

Don't forget pictures of your mini-lop!!!!!

So you made it to Zumba class? I saw your posting on FB ;)

altolamprologus

Sorry for the poor quality, but this is what I have on my phone

tigandirwin.jpg

That's Tigger (he was my baby but he died last may at 10 years old :() licking the glass while Irwin my cockatiel talked to him

reesie.jpg

This is my current bunny, Reesie, laying in the sun

Oh cool! Zumba is apparently really popular in my neighbourhood,there are always signs and business cards of people that teach classes posted on our corkboard by the elevator.

What exactly is it?

It's Major Cardio! Check out a Vid on You Tube! Oh better yet here is a link! My Back, Abs, and my Butt are killing me.

This one is kind of tame, there is A LOT of pelvic thrusting, and I cant salsa dance to save my life but man it's a constant workout for over an hour! Google it it's intense. Dancing is a GREAT workout!

Alto wins the ultimate "crazy neighbor" award :lol: Wow!!!!!! I love my neighbor now :lol:

Don't forget pictures of your mini-lop!!!!!

So you made it to Zumba class? I saw your posting on FB ;)

Yeah she does!

Yeah I did, man I hurt! Going again tomorrow! :lol:

Sorry for the poor quality, but this is what I have on my phone

tigandirwin.jpg

That's Tigger (he was my baby but he died last may at 10 years old :() licking the glass while Irwin my cockatiel talked to him

reesie.jpg

This is my current bunny, Reesie, laying in the sun

I was going to say is that one licking the glass? :P

So cute, I have a Black and White Mini Rex but I have to get a pic of her, all mine are gone for some reason. :huh:

OMG I think I just died of cuteness!

The second Bunny, Reesie look just like my rabbit I use to have Bailey. I haven't had a rabbit since due to my dog having such a high prey drive. Someday I want another though :)

Did you know a tyrannosaurus rex is most closely related to birds, even more so than it is to a crocodile. From there, we can make the assumption that they tasted like chicken. :)

I did know that Euphy!

I know they were so cute.

Okay this is more what we were doing, basically its extreme cardio to Modern Pop music, and you dance HARD!

Once I get the steps I will have to have someone take the class. LMAO I look like a ijit right now.

Yes I know it's spelt wrong, did it on purpose. :P

I did know that Euphy!

I know they were so cute.

Okay this is more what we were doing, basically its extreme cardio to Modern Pop music, and you dance HARD!

Once I get the steps I will have to have someone take the class. LMAO I look like a ijit right now.

Yes I know it's spelt wrong, did it on purpose. :P

Those are all old people. Are you old? :(

Those are all old people. Are you old? :(

Who were you looking at? The 2 old ladies in the front? No I am 26! :P

They recommend it to elderly as it is low impact etc, just very fast, lots of jumping, and thrusting! :lol:

Oh, then not too old I guess. :lol:

HA! Thanks for making me feel old! I am still dealing with the fact that my little brother can drink in public without getting in trouble! He just turned 21 last year.

Man my 10 year reunion is coming up soon too for HS. Jeez. -_-

HA! Thanks for making me feel old! I am still dealing with the fact that my little brother can drink in public without getting in trouble! He just turned 21 last year.

Man my 1 year reunion is coming up soon too for HS. Jeez. -_-

You should go! I would never go to mine because I hate everyone! :happy:

You should go! I would never go to mine because I hate everyone! :happy:

I would go just to say F you to all the #itches I went to school with. Hubby skipped his he said HS was a bad time for him. IDK I like HS but I didn't like all the people. Hey I might see a few friends I thought I lost over the last what 8 years! :mellow:

Man my 10 year reunion is coming up soon too for HS. Jeez. -_-

Just wait....it gets worse :lol:

Love the bunny pics. Alto!!!! Makes me miss my bunnies!!!! We were at the pet store last week and they had rabbit hutches. I was so tempted :lol:

We need to build Domino a new home after the stand is done. :lol: A has now gotten comfortable working with wood and says he wants to build a bunch of things now! :lol:

On a side note in an effort to stay on topic, the tank is doing great. I got home so late that I had a chance to eat and now the lights are off. So Pics later this week after I get caught up. ;)

surgicalsense
We need to build Domino a new home after the stand is done. :lol: A has now gotten comfortable working with wood and says he wants to build a bunch of things now! :lol:

On a side note in an effort to stay on topic, the tank is doing great. I got home so late that I had a chance to eat and now the lights are off. So Pics later this week after I get caught up. ;)

:lol: A will be building dressers and tables soon. Sweet, can't wait to see the new pictures.

My 10 year reunion will be next year! :o I don't think I'll go. All of my friends went to other schools anyway.

Can't wait to see new pics!

Not to distract from the talk but Candy do you think a Midas would be ok in a 14 BC?

No one can seem to agree on a correct tank size for them online. I've seen them in things smaller than 10 and just wanted to get your thoughts

:lol: A will be building dressers and tables soon. Sweet, can't wait to see the new pictures.

Ha soon! I have to run out for a min but I got some good ones of everyone but the Yasha and Pisto after I fed the tank. Gimme a hour!

My 10 year reunion will be next year! :o I don't think I'll go. All of my friends went to other schools anyway.

Can't wait to see new pics!

Haha no I went with most of my friends...... Just the OTHERS I don't know I want to see. ;)

Not to distract from the talk but Candy do you think a Midas would be ok in a 14 BC?

No one can seem to agree on a correct tank size for them online. I've seen them in things smaller than 10 and just wanted to get your thoughts

Honestly, it may be okay while it's small but they get big. Mine swims the entire 36" tank all day, they need way more room then most Blennys.

If you wanted a Blenny in the 10G go with a smaller perching one like a Tail Spot or something like that. I like the TSB but I have Poe so it's a no go.

OMG DO YOU KNOW WHERE SHE IS? Did you read the books or something? I don't watch the TV show that often, is it different than the books? TELL ME THE STORY!!

Archived