Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

~ Candy Land ~ New Pics up Radions are UP! Tons of Top Downs.

FlCandy

So I am pretty sure I can dose 5mL of both a day and keep all params in check as I have done 2 weeks of testing (from 3/7 to last night) and the daily dosing for the last week has been 5mL of both a day to keep them at the same level.

I am pretty happy. Sorry no pics I will have some tomorrow, I always seem to get less done on the days I have A home with me as I want to hang out with him instead of work on the tank! Oh well he helped me clean the skimmer today it was gross....

SO how is everyone doing? Hope all is well. I will post pics tomorrow. I need to go to the beach next weekend, I have a new bikini I need to break in, and I want to go snorkeling..... Pics when that happens as well. :P

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wanna go to the beach in Florida and snorkel!!!!!! Soooooo jealous!!!!!!

I'm glad you figured out your dosing :happy:

We're good here. It's a little too cold for my liking. Only 53 degrees. But we had a nice rain yesterday which was needed and appreciated. It's looked like it could rain today, but so far just lots of clouds and sunshine :)

We have 2 pull out queen couch beds! LMAO ;) Camon over!

It's been nice this afternoon, was rainy this morning but holding around 80 degrees here. Nice to me, A complains it is hot. LOL

I could go for some more rain.

Like I said we have the pull out couches! Can come for a vacation, I live literally 5 minutes from the beach.

OH and my 1 spaghetti worm has turned into 3..... I though they were spawners not splitters?

Looks like I am getting a 40B for my sump! $20 and the ricordea we accidentally fragged months ago and it's mine!

He just removed the acrylic baffles and re did the silicone. (Good as it was baffled wrong for what I wanted) and it is leak free.

Sweet! Now I can really do a Refugium!

Oh and I am planning on getting a Grey Banded Kingsnake too! LMAO I have too many animals!

So I checked params for the last time today. I am going to wait 5 days and check again with the dosing schedule I have been on.

Today at 9PM

KH 8.0

Alk 2.85

Mag 1380

Calc 450

SG 1.025

This is exactly what it was (mag was a bit lower) before I did my 5mL dose of both Mag and Alk last night. So everything is doing well on the once daily dose of 5mL.

Fingers crossed that in 7 days it is the same with this schedule. I will probably break down and recheck it again in 4 days instead of 7.

Pics of everything tomorrow, and new CUC members arrive on Tuesday from Reefcleaners.org. John is awesome!

That's awesome news about the fuge. I started dosing Alk daily to figure out the consumption rate of my tank so I can automate that with an ATO. It's a PITA testing all the time though.

andrewguilfoy

40 breeder is nuts! That's like two 46 bows in one. Jealous, great size for a fuge though.. You might even be able toget a nice DSB going in there, definitely a thought

That's awesome news about the fuge. I started dosing Alk daily to figure out the consumption rate of my tank so I can automate that with an ATO. It's a PITA testing all the time though.

Yeah totally my intentions!

40 breeder is nuts! That's like two 46 bows in one. Jealous, great size for a fuge though.. You might even be able toget a nice DSB going in there, definitely a thought

I know! For $20 and a single polyp of FL Ric I am stoked! Going to be Macro and Mangrove city with pods galore! Maybe a damsel or something...... Thinking Display fuge/SUMP with glass doors.... I wouldn't be able to hide the Skimmer or pumps though...... Hmmmmmmmm

40b for a fuge! That's just what I would like to do, but I don't have the slightest idea how to do it, ie plumbing, baffels, etc.

Do you have plans or pics of it?

I would love to live in Florida somewhere near the ocean.

black and white striped damsel! or dominos are cool too

Yeah I like them all! I plan on probably 3 in the fuge.

40b for a fuge! That's just what I would like to do, but I don't have the slightest idea how to do it, ie plumbing, baffels, etc.

Do you have plans or pics of it?

I would love to live in Florida somewhere near the ocean.

I have plans but I have to draw them out here today. I have pics of when the baffles were in it and pics after he cleaned it out and removed them and redid the silicone. Looks sweet.

I1331493827.jpg Before he cleaned it and I am glad he removed them, not in the right spots for me.

I1332087267.jpg

After.

He asked me if I wanted it drilled and the bulkhead installed..... IDK! I would have to use the Bow for the Sump/Fuge then? I told him no it was going to be my filter and to not worry.

LMAO almost changed from a 46 Bow to a 40B while I was thinking last night! At least I have a backup tank if the Bow decides to not like being lifted and placed on the new stand!

Thanks! I guess there are alot of options to set that up as a sump/fuge???

Yeah there are.

I plan on having only enough room in the first part (the overflow from the tank section) for the skimmer and the tube to bring water from the tank to the SUMP, then the majority is going to be FUGE in the center, and the last one will be big enough for the Mag7 and it's plumbing and that is that.

I have a CFL fixture I am going to use for the fuge, just need a new bulb. I will scratch something out on paper and show you later today.

Yeah there are.

I plan on having only enough room in the first part (the overflow from the tank section) for the skimmer and the tube to bring water from the tank to the SUMP, then the majority is going to be FUGE in the center, and the last one will be big enough for the Mag7 and it's plumbing and that is that.

I have a CFL fixture I am going to use for the fuge, just need a new bulb. I will scratch something out on paper and show you later today.

Thank you my dear! Looking forward to see what you do.

Well Joel's Chulpra will go down there, I am hoping for some Dragons Breath from Deckoz, and then I have touched base with someone on here who sells all the pretty Macros and have already inquired on Red kelp leaf, Blue Ochtode, Violet Dream, Red titan macros.

Going to cost a pretty penny to get them in there but once they are growing and happy I can share with everyone else.

So cool on the 40b macro fuge/sump omgomgomg

I can't wait to see that going!!!!!!

I thought of you this morning as I dropped my doggies off at the vet for teeth cleaning :)

So cool on the 40b macro fuge/sump omgomgomg

I can't wait to see that going!!!!!!

I thought of you this morning as I dropped my doggies off at the vet for teeth cleaning :)

I know I am so essited!

Awww their getting the dentals today! Going to be some drunk doggies when you get them later! But they will have some pearly whites!

I know I am so essited!

Awww their getting the dentals today! Going to be some drunk doggies when you get them later! But they will have some pearly whites!

Actually it's anesthetic (sp?) free dental cleaning!

Their breath is always so much nicer after they get a cleaning :)

Actually it's anesthetic (sp?) free dental cleaning!

Their breath is always so much nicer after they get a cleaning :)

Don't they still give a small sedation medication like Ace or something?

IDK as a tech I would not want to do the anesthetic free ones as the pets don't always hold still......

I do like that they do that now though it's good for elderly or sick animals who can't take the anesthesia.

I don't think they do. The form I read said that someone holds the animal on their side (possibly wrapped in a blanket to calm them) while another technician does the cleaning. They stop here and there to allow the animal to move for comfort...or something like that. Last time they had it done, they didn't come back to us "drunk".

This will be the second time we've done this. Last time there were no problems, so hopefully it goes well this time too.

That's cool!

I just don't see how they can get them as clean as with sedation. I do like it though!

IDK I love drunk dogs, makes me LOL when they are all happy and sweet waggy tail but walking like a drunk! SO cute!

Archived