Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

~ Candy Land ~ New Pics up Radions are UP! Tons of Top Downs.

FlCandy

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

or get a midas blenny...or try and fine the blue one like hypes had

arn't potter's angels, like, hard to care for? all angels have the possibility of becoming coral eaters.

Yes and yes, but it would make for one hell of a display fish. :lol:

I have not kept a dwarf angel but I suspect their coral eating reputation is much like the damsels reputation in that there are quite a few that are perfectly well behaved and will not nip coral if properly fed.

I wanted a Flame angel SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO bad! But I decided to go with the 2 clowns. I will have to look up the midas blenny.... IDK I was also thinking about a neon dottyback.... But IDK

ohhh flame angel would be cool. you could get both the angel and the blenny maybe...but get the blenny first!! their soo cuuutee

DSCN1051.JPG

and they have antennas. who dosn't like a fish with antennas??

• Like 1

Well I wanted a Dragonet about a year from now so I may hold off on a Midas, Hubby does like him though... :P

I think with the 2 clowns, Randalli Goby and the 6-line , maybe a Neon Dotty back and then for sure a year from now a Dragonet (Will buy a ORA Frozen Trained one ;) )

ohhh flame angel would be cool. you could get both the angel and the blenny maybe...but get the blenny first!! their soo cuuutee

DSCN1051.JPG

and they have antennas. who dosn't like a fish with antennas??

I know but a 6 inch fish! That is big and I already have a bio-load to look forward to with the clowns and the others I plan to add..

I may not get the dottyback either IDK I am going for a low bio-load and lots of corals .... and color. I want a Red Mandarin Dragonet I have decided. I will be gearing my tank towards that from now on. LMAO

yeah i woudn't get the dottyback. i've never had one, but the internet says their mean

im hoping my blenny won't reach full size for a while, because i don't want to get rid of him :(

BAH! LMAO

Yeah I don't need something that big, if I was running a 75gal Definitely! And then I would have all of the above and a Flame Angel for sure!

I just want a simple quiet peaceful tank and lots of pretty corals. That's all I ask for!

Then maybe in a few years some baby clowns and possibly a few Naked (Midnight) or Domino Clowns from these two. The male only has one and a half stripes on each side and the female has weird mismatched markings.

They have even gotten more black faced in the last week and the females lower jaw is all that is orange anymore. :D

well you got get some sort of blenny

soo how's your tank, is all the algea from the cycle gone? getting coraline?

Lots of coraline starting to come in.

IDK I will look into it but I am looking at a well stocked tank with the fishes I am planning and I also wanted a cleaner shrimp or two, Their silly critters.

Tested tonight as I was going to do a WC then had a few beers and decided it wasn't wise to do that when tipsy... :P SO I will do the WC tomorrow.

SG 1.024

PH 8.0

Ammonia 0

Nitrites 0

Nitrates 0

PHO4 0

Doing the WC tomorrow and cleaning the filter pads and I will have a clear tank.

My clowns are getting fat though.... I only feed what they will eat and then 5 minutes later they are back begging even though they look like they are going to burst. LMAO

Tank is 90% Clear I am very pleased.

ACK checked the water before the WC and evap had brought the SG to nearly 1.027, I did not have enough to get the entire 5 gallons SG down to 1.024 so I did a small 3-4 gallon change instead and cleaned the Fluval. 10/17/11

Okay guys quick update,

Tank is almost there, I have been saying that but I am serious it is nearly clear! I am going to clean the filter pads today, and one more 10 gallon WC tomorrow, then pics I promise.

And the update : my clowns are starting to show the pissy behavior they get before you figure out for sure who is Male/Female. I think I was right in my guess when I named them! Poor Chimi has a few bite marks on him from his GF and follows Changa around like a puppy dog, I love it.

Both are doing great eating well and very active, I think I have even seen them cleaning the intake for the Filter! :o I think I need to make a prefilter box for that with PVC, I saw someone who did that somewhere on the forum.... I just think it would be better to be getting the water from the surface into the filter then the deeper water.

ID always something to change and do to improve it ack! LOL

Tank is almost there, I have been saying that but I am serious it is nearly clear! I am going to clean the filter pads today, and one more 10 gallon WC tomorrow, then pics I promise.

:tears:

:tears:

Why sad?

I did the WC today, added new Carbon (Chemi Pure) and cleaned the Canister.

Water was a but cloudy but I bet I will be posting pics in a few days!

...but...you promised!! :*(

ok then i'll wait

i didn't know you had a cansiter running...what else don't i know?

Thats on page 1!

You don't read entire posts! :P

Yeah I am running it with GFO triple layers of Filter pads, and the Chemi Pure, a skimmer, and 2 powerheads, I think there is tons of flow in the tank as the filter is 500gph, the Koraila is 750 and the other one is 200gph but I want another Koraila.....

Soon to come new Bulbs, and reflectors I will post pics as I fumble along with that I am really no good at that stuff but they are simple enough looking sooooooo....... :mellow:

24-48 hours at the most on pics, but I promise Coraline and I have plenty!

Tested again today all params are holding solid.

On another note.... I noticed that Chimi (Male) had stringy white poop, so since he is spunky and eating well I got a medicated food dewormer with Praziquantel. I tried feeding them the food yesterday and he was Meh to it even with it mixed into his normal food. SOOOO we will go on a 2 day starvation and then try again. Changa is a piggy eats everything no matter what! And I was right they have decided who is the dominant. Love watching them dance around. :)

If he doesn't eat it I will have to buy the liquid and just soak his food in it but hey I have dewormer for future fishes, and the LFS is 5 minutes away from me.

They are doing well and are spunky and active so I am not too stressed, he did eat a small piece here and there just not as much as I wanted but hey when he is hungry he will eat, I have garlic ready to go as well! And his fecal matter was not AS stringy today as Sunday/Saturday when I noticed it if you can say that.... ;)

Thanks for looking and I hope to have pics for you tomorrow, I just cleaned the filter pads again today and if I must do it again I will do another WC just so I can post updates with a clear tank pic!

(Smile Squared that's for you :P )

Also has anyone had experience with these reflectors?

http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_ViewItem.asp...p;child=AK01227

I was planning on getting 2 sets as I have the 36" 4x39w T5HO fixture from Odyessa and I know the flat reflectors are Crap.

I will be ordering these ASAP so I can figure them out with the old bulbs so I don't break a new one! I am so clumsy when it comes to that stuff makes me nervous.

Thanks guys/gals for your input.

Well if they are like the ones on my fixture (aquatic life fixture), i guess i would say they are pretty good...corals are happy with the light. if that's the best you can find, get them. i don't really know anything about any other reflecters... :unsure:

just thought i'd give the pennys worth of info i had

good luck

Well if they are like the ones on my fixture (aquatic life fixture), i guess i would say they are pretty good...corals are happy with the light. if that's the best you can find, get them. i don't really know anything about any other reflecters... :unsure:

just thought i'd give the pennys worth of info i had

good luck

LOL Thanks for the bump anyways! ;)

Archived