Innovative Marine Aquariums

~ Candy Land ~ New Pics up Radions are UP! Tons of Top Downs.

FlCandy

LOL po = p*&$ off

And I have a 46 so I needed more and I have a pretty thick sand bed, it's only 10 there is a hermit that got thrown in there but they only charged me for 6 of 7 hermits and 10 of 11 assumed nassarius. so meh...

we made them mad by putting food in the tanks then taking them before they could eat! LMAO

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gatcha.

you know what's fun to do? spot feed nassarius snails. they have this really long second tube that they extend to get food at.

I know check the pics there's are out because we tempted them!

I have a very confused Narssius snail, he thinks he is supposed to climb the glass...

OK so I have scrubbed 3 of the really badly infested rocks (GHA) and done another waterchange. Algae smells really nasty when you scrub it :mellow:

But I will get new FTS when the water clears tomorrow and I will put a BEfore and after so you can see the rocks I scrubbed.

Have a nice night all. :D

Builder Anthony

You should probally order from reef cleaners some snails for algae the naserius snails are for the sand but its good you got them to keep the snadbed stired.But your going to need alot of snails for a 46.The green algae is common and once it fills the pores of the rock it good to a point as long as you have snails.What im tryen to say is things look good but you probally need 100 snails because it can get out of control.Its good you waited on getting them because now they have something to eat.Its not bad to have the algae but you need something to munch on it.It wont go away.

I like your cat video thing its really funny.

You should probally order from reef cleaners some snails for algae the naserius snails are for the sand but its good you got them to keep the snadbed stired.But your going to need alot of snails for a 46.The green algae is common and once it fills the pores of the rock it good to a point as long as you have snails.What im tryen to say is things look good but you probally need 100 snails because it can get out of control.Its good you waited on getting them because now they have something to eat.Its not bad to have the algae but you need something to munch on it.It wont go away.

I like your cat video thing its really funny.

I have cerths as well, them and the hermits are going nuts on the rock, they have done a great amount of cleaning in just a day. I am pretty happy, I will need more but I need more $$$ too. So I will add a few more when I get the clowns.

Thanks though was one step ahead of you.

Thanks I cracked up I have some more just changing it at the first of each month is going to be fun! ;)

I love the skimmer and I can't wait to see what happens with the fish.

This thing is pulling crud out every day and I love it, the only bad thing is that it's a bit hard to fine tune but once you get it there your golden, just keep the water level the same.

New FTS when the water clears a bit more from the Diatom bloom from Friday. LOL

Ya just saying.....wanted to pop in here thats all.

;)

Thanks for the bump.

Oh checked Params again BTW everything is reading 0. I did a 5 gallon WC on Sunday and tested today. All looks good, the water seems to be clearing but still very cloudy... <_<

I know it's the diatoms and I hope they will die off soon as Phosphates are at 0 and there is nothing to feed them. I am not running the lights either anymore just the stock actinics for a few hours then lights out.

I think I will just let it sit for a few days and see what happens, the hermits are decimating the GHA and my rocks are quickly getting cleaned. :happy:

Soon, very soon ...

mine love brine. every animal is different.

That's why they are so cool! They are all weird in their own way and have their own individual personality! :wub:

Animals are better then people for company most times. ;)

(That's why I am a Vet Tech, I don't treat people, I treat their pets.)

Do your Nass. Snails jump off the glass? :lol:

:huh: I haven't seen them do that yet, they just get to the higher flow up top and then turn around. They ride the short bus I think. ;)

Another update, Tested all params last Night and everything is still at the same reading, all 0 SG 1.025 PH 8.2.

Very happy with this but the tank is still cloudy. Slowly clearing but not fast enough for me. :P

Hoping to get the clowns this Wednesday and do a 10g WC as well, possibly a first coral, was thinking some pink zoas, or the atomic dragon eyes. Suggestions?

SOOO

Everything is being put on pause. The in-laws won't fix the leaky roof and have decided to sell, SO we are looking at having to move. SO I won't be getting fish at this time, guess I am going to have to keep feeding the snails until I can be sure of everything and get this house situation figured out. omgomgomg

Sigh.... really was ready for clowns, I may still do it anyways next week, F them for screwing with me and my house and not fixing their damn house. :rant:

Sorry I will still be on and checking everything. I may make this the excuse to reinforce the stand and install the SUMP.

fingerscrossed

SO as it turns out the inlaws are going to fix the roof, SO we are not moving.

Tank is nearly clear, and the purple coralline is taking over the green! :D

All para,s are holding and I am planning on getting my clowns this week.

Had a quick question, I am wanting to get 1-2 frags thinking zoas, but I want to make sure they will be all right under just stock Odyessa 10k and acitinic lights, it is a 4x36 watt T5HO fixture.

I plan on getting the new bulbs in 3 weeks just dont have $100 to drop this week, maybe next week.

But anyways would they be okay for a few weeks under this, I know they are low light so I would think so but I want to make sure.

Thanks guys!

I will be heading out to get my first fish! A pair of black clowns.

I am also doing a 10 gallon WC and going to be drip acclimating them!

They have been at the shop for 2-8 weeks depending which ones I grab and I will post pics when I get back!

What food should I snatch up for them while I am there? I was thinking Rods but die to $$$ I may just get some frozen mixes. Which ones are best for now until I can get the Rods next week.

Okay!

Went got the clowns, did a 10 gallon change with the water from the store, and they are being dripped acclimated right now!

Pics soon!

Archived