SaltCritters.com

KissMyDSM's Mixed 40B

KissMyDSM

Agree 100%. My solana has been sold, so I need to get my crap together quick. He wants to pick it up in a few weeks and one week from today, our second child arrives via c-section, so I really need to get this done.

Grats on the sale and the new addition!

Great build!!!! Gotta love the 40B. Also luv the scape

Thanks much

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is probably the coolest thing I have seen to date in the Hobby. The way it moves through the rock/sand and water column is mesmerizing. Also, it has quite the appetite for Flatworms which in my case is great.

To bad their life span is so short /cry

IMG_1371.jpg

This is probably the coolest thing I have seen to date in the Hobby. The way it moves through the rock/sand and water column is mesmerizing. Also, it has quite the appetite for Flatworms which in my case is great.

To bad their life span is so short /cry

IMG_1371.jpg

Where'd you get him?

Where'd you get him?

Made a trip over near Seattle to a store called Barrier Reef. I wish they had another one for sale as to give the pair a chance to reproduce. I hate flatworms but I could almost tolerate them just to house this awesome Nudi.

:wub: Do they have the sting-ray like sides fin that move in a wave motion?

It has flaps but it rarely opens them. Usually only to catch the current to move to a new spot. The oceans original "Snuggie"

This is a sweet tank. I'm thinkin about setting a 40 as well. So I have to ask, do you drive a dsm?

Thanks and yes I have been working on mine for the last 4-5 years. I finally got it running again this last year.

I went to big on injectors and fuel pump so I am planning on revamping it this spring so it is more drivable.

It is a 91 TSI with a 2.3 Stroker, 8.3:1 FP 3065 turbo, FP mani, Ross forged stroker pistons, Eagle rods, 2.4 Crank, Over sized valves, FP stroker cams, Titanium springs/retainers, 1460 E85 Injectors, Aeromotive Fuel rail, FPR, A1000 pump, -8 braided stainless fuel lines, Dejon FMIC, IC pipes, HKS race BoV, GM MAFT, MAFT translator, Keydiver chip, etc.

I have to drive 40mins to the closest station that sells E85 so I just want to be able to hit the local store for 91 octane. At this point it would just be nice to jump in and go but with the fuel system that large and only runing a chipped ecu, tuning is a PITA.

sounds like a solid build. I just picked up a 96 gst with 108k miles for a great deal. so far the only thing I have done to it is threw on an open dump. People look at my car when the wastegate opens like its going to eat their small children lol. I have plans to go with the fp 68hta cause my bro in law ran that turbo on his 91 gsx and it was solid. I'm not going to go crazy as far as mods go but It will be a DSM to mess with. Im currently looking for a 90 to 91tsi to make a track car.

I like the jelly beans a lot. But This is my 3rd 1st gen and it will probably be with me till I die. I dump my waste gate back into my 3 inch downpipe......I like to hear the spool more than anything. Oh yeah it is a Tial 44m Vband WG forgot lol to many damn parts.

Just like this hobby it gets expensive fast and can get super frustrating at times but the payoff is priceless. I just haven't crossed over that hurdle yet ;)

I thought I had a newer pic on this laptop but this gives you an idea.

IMG_0593.jpg

I would say we have two pretty expensive hobbies. The expensive part about the DSM hobby is repeating the process of mod, drive, break, fix, mod,drive, break, fix and I think you get the point lol. Well you have an awesome tank and an awesome DSM.

I would say we have two pretty expensive hobbies. The expensive part about the DSM hobby is repeating the process of mod, drive, break, fix, mod,drive, break, fix and I think you get the point lol. Well you have an awesome tank and an awesome DSM.

Thank you. Work hard on both hobbies. I love them both. Would love to put some frag tanks out in the shop I do not own yet and help get coral out there for others to enjoy. Especially here in Yakima.....there is no local saltwater shops. At least not legit ones. Yet

I have always wanted to open up a car/fish shop lol. It would be awesome... "ok sir while I'm putting this front mount intercooler on your evo go ahead and pick out some fish and frags for your tank."

Haha no kidding. That would be something to see!

Well....at this point I have to build a shop first. Then I have to find some more $$ for some frag tanks.

I think with the three of us local yocals we could frag and pool what we have to hook up others with some good deals eventually. Trading what we have for new stuff to get the cycle going.

Haha no kidding. That would be something to see!

Well....at this point I have to build a shop first. Then I have to find some more $$ for some frag tanks.

I think with the three of us local yocals we could frag and pool what we have to hook up others with some good deals eventually. Trading what we have for new stuff to get the cycle going.

Frag tank up this spring, np~

Its snowing outside.....so what better than snapping a couple pics.

Thought this was kind of funny.

IMG_1376.jpg

Left Island

IMG_1396.jpg

Right Island

IMG_1404.jpg

Cool piece from Reef Gardener!

IMG_1400.jpg

• 1 month later...

I have been slacking on keeping both tanks updated.

Here are a few new shots of the 40B.

IMG_1429.jpg

ORA Hawkins. Yum

IMG_1432.jpg

Zoa rock starting to fill in some.

IMG_1435.jpg

IMG_1443.jpg

IMG_1449.jpg

Archived