Pod Your Reef

KissMyDSM's Mixed 40B

KissMyDSM

IMG_1196.jpg

IMG_1201.jpg

IMG_1206.jpg

IMG_1210.jpg

IMG_1213.jpg

Just need some Chemi-Pure and purigen and a light for the fuge and I should be on cruise control for a bit.

Thanks for looking.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will work on more photos once I get some more stuff glued down. Got a LED light for the sump today so I added some Chaeto. Added a black clown and it is trying to pair up with one of the skunks lol....silly clown fish.

I will work on more photos once I get some more stuff glued down. Got a LED light for the sump today so I added some Chaeto. Added a black clown and it is trying to pair up with one of the skunks lol....silly clown fish.

Yay! Ah coolio, how does the light look?

Is he really? You need to find him a mate, one that is more similar :lol:

The light for the sump is a nice white light rated at 125 lumens but since it is one die it is focused onto the chaeto instead of the whole sump to help with nuisance algae (Like you suggested). I will try to get it a mate when Petco gets some more in that look better.

I was eying one of those onyx clowns at Petco, so you're the one that bought it!

Yeah hopefully they get a couple more in Wed.

I'm really digging the look of this tank. Has a lot of nice work put into it without being a super project.

I really like the light fixture but I'm ignorant to light sockets. Exactly what type of studio sockets are you using? Where are some good places to get some? As for the tube, did you bend it yourself?

• 2 months later...
I'm really digging the look of this tank. Has a lot of nice work put into it without being a super project.

I really like the light fixture but I'm ignorant to light sockets. Exactly what type of studio sockets are you using? Where are some good places to get some? As for the tube, did you bend it yourself?

Sorry it took so long to reply Bishop.

I found the light sockets here: http://www.cowboystudio.com/product/c09/p0901-02.php

I did bend the pipe myself.

I should have used one inch pipe because the Rapid bulbs are quite heavy.

Just some updated pics.

Left island

IMG_1326.jpg

Right island

IMG_1328.jpg

That purple/orange hammer looks good in the photos. Yea, adjusting the white balance/exposure would help, these don't do the tank justice!

Sweet tank! I really like the scape.

Thanks! Like Jacob says, I will try to do some white balance adjustments to see if I can get some better pics.

I'm looking forward to it. I just ordered my upgrade tank a few days ago....rimless 40b with starfire front panel. Needless to say, I'm excited!

Ahh yeah I will tell you right now that Jacobs Elos has the Starfire on the front pane too and it looks amazing. I was on a budget when I built this one so dollar per gallon sale for me :P . The 40B does have a great foot print though.

Ahh yeah I will tell you right now that Jacobs Elos has the Starfire on the front pane too and it looks amazing. I was on a budget when I built this one so dollar per gallon sale for me :P . The 40B does have a great foot print though.

I'm on a budget...trust me. I could not pass on the tank though. It was a hell of a deal really. All I need to buy now is a return pump, sump, and stand. I have all else I need but will need to upgrade the lighting eventually. I have not yet decided what to do with that at the moment, but will be using my current Maxspect for the short term.

I'm on a budget...trust me. I could not pass on the tank though. It was a hell of a deal really. All I need to buy now is a return pump, sump, and stand. I have all else I need but will need to upgrade the lighting eventually. I have not yet decided what to do with that at the moment, but will be using my current Maxspect for the short term.

Sweet. One of the best stages of being in the hobby.....the build!

Sweet. One of the best stages of being in the hobby.....the build!

Agree 100%. My solana has been sold, so I need to get my crap together quick. He wants to pick it up in a few weeks and one week from today, our second child arrives via c-section, so I really need to get this done.

Archived