Pod Your Reef

20gal Commerson's Angler Paradise

altolamprologus

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
altolamprologus
How much was the axolotl?

I honestly don't remember, it was so long ago. But I know the lady had no idea how much it was so she gave it to us extremely cheap. I think the albino ones go for around $40, while normal brown ones are somewhere around $15-20, but that's just a guess.

altolamprologus

I ordered from reef cleaners today :) I have some macros and dwarf ceriths on their way here. They should arrive thursday or friday.

I honestly don't remember, it was so long ago. But I know the lady had no idea how much it was so she gave it to us extremely cheap. I think the albino ones go for around $40, while normal brown ones are somewhere around $15-20, but that's just a guess.

I think the ones with red gills are pretty cool. You should find yours a mate! :happy:

altolamprologus
I think the ones with red gills are pretty cool. You should find yours a mate! :happy:

I used to have another one, but he died about a year ago from unknown causes :(

Ok enough about the axolotl, this is an angler thread.

altolamprologus

I transferred this redleg hermit from my reef to this tank about 4 days ago and for the past 2 days, he refuses to leave my sponge. I pulled him off it today thinking maybe he was stuck, but he crawled back to it almost immediately. He's not eating it, he's just sitting there. WTF...

IMG_2086.jpg

altolamprologus
Best sponge ever IMO, along with Yoshii's blue sponge.

Funny you should say that, it was one big sponge that we cut in half and shared :)

hermits are wierd.

mine decided to crawl on top of my birdsnest colony to molt...and he just sat there for a while too :lol:

So maybe it's just a comfy spot. I really don't want him there though, he's blocking my sponge's light!!

altolamprologus
Will y'all be getting any more in at the store?

There's one there. We got it in at the same time as the one I have. It's a lot bigger than mine and has a bunch of new growth too.

There's one there. We got it in at the same time as the one I have. It's a lot bigger than mine and has a bunch of new growth too.

Is it less than $26? :D

No, but it could be if you buy it when I'm there... :D

Teehee, I went there over the weekend and there Yoshii, some dude and a lady. The lady was really quiet and the dude had a beard. :o

altolamprologus
Teehee, I went there over the weekend and there Yoshii, some dude and a lady. The lady was really quiet and the dude had a beard. :o

Lol sound like a party. Come on saturday and I'll give you a deal on the sponge.

Lol sound like a party. Come on saturday and I'll give you a deal on the sponge.

What's the regular price? If it's knocking off like $5 that's okay, but if it's knocking off like $20,000 then I may not feel comfortable doing that. Is it possible you could make a frag of it in my price range? I have $26 left. :lol:

altolamprologus
What's the regular price? If it's knocking off like $5 that's okay, but if it's knocking off like $20,000 then I may not feel comfortable doing that. Is it possible you could make a frag of it in my price range? I have $26 left. :lol:

Yeah I can take like $5 off. Or I can cut it in half to make it even cheaper. It's a fast growing sponge anyway. This should really have been in PMs...

Yeah I can take like $5 off. Or I can cut it in half to make it even cheaper. It's a fast growing sponge anyway. This should really have been in PMs...

Yeah, lol. But it's a nice sponge nevertheless. I'll try to come in within the next month. No need to save it for me if somebody is wanting to buy it. I don't need like a giant sponge or anything, just a piece that can survive. :)

Back on topic... How large does your angler grow? Is it some sort of dwarf species, or just a baybee?

altolamprologus

Good news first: The angler ate frozen spirulina brine shrimp :D After he gets used to that, I'll move on to more nutritious frozen food.

Bad news...I think he has ich. It's so hard to tell because he naturally has white spots anyway, but today it seems like there's more than usual. Maybe I'm just paranoid because of wartskin's misfortune, but I started treating with garlic just in case.

Archived