inTank Media Baskets

20gal Commerson's Angler Paradise

altolamprologus

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
altolamprologus
I like that you and Yosh know each other. Adds to a whole 'nother level of reefin' :)

She's the reason I have saltwater tanks. If I hadn't met her I'd still be stuck in the stone age with freshwater :lol:

altolamprologus
Sun coral is pretty. so many mouths to feed!

I don't target feed them often. I have 3 colonies plus dozens of scattered babies so it's too much work to target feed them all. I just dump in loads of filter feeder foods and baby brine shrimp every day. The colonies get target fed like once a week and the babies have to fend for themselves.

altolamprologus
I just got a huge bag of live brine over the weekend and I'm going out of town tomorrow. Not sure I can dump a whole bunch in my tank and have problems or what.

They would all get sucked into the filter. You fish can all go the weekend without food. And the mandarin will find enough pods for just those couple days.

altolamprologus

Thanks Yoshii. I think I need to bake some cookies or something next time you come over :) I really like how that last one turned out

Thanks Yoshii. I think I need to bake some cookies or something next time you come over :) I really like how that last one turned out

Sorry I thought I had more good ones, you should see the pic of the angler with flash, soo creepy! :lol:

I think I ate doughnuts last time!

Yeah I think it looks cool :) Maybe I should post it on both threads haha

altolamprologus

Brought home dinner for the black blob of doom and he went chasing after them while they were still in the bag :lol:

I went to Diablo corals today and scored a dendro polyp for $20!

A... a single dendro polyp for $20? :huh:

I would have thought more like $5... :lol:

I went to Diablo corals today and scored a dendro polyp for $20!

omgomgomg Yay! Unfortunately I was going to get you a dendro for your birthday..I will have to think of something else :P

I heard he just got in a bunch of cool stuff

altolamprologus
A... a single dendro polyp for $20? :huh:

I would have thought more like $5... :lol:

Dendros usually run about $60 per polyp

omgomgomg Yay! Unfortunately I was going to get you a dendro for your birthday..I will have to think of something else :P

I heard he just got in a bunch of cool stuff

Lol you took too long! He did have some really nice stuff. My mom pointed out some rasta zoas that I've been wanting for a while and the guy said he's selling them $35 per polyp so I may get one next time I'm there. The store is A LOT smaller than I thought it would be though.

altolamprologus
So funny!

I like how he does the upside down walk on the surface! So funny. Poor Damsels are like OMG WTF :lol:

I only got the last few seconds on video, he was doing that for a couple minutes! The damsels were schooling tightly all staring at him and trying to swim backward :lol:

altolamprologus
Those are the damsels I am getting for my Fuge! Ha and they make tasty food too! :P

Normally I hate damsels, but I love my Talbot's. They're not super aggressive and they're soooo pretty!

Normally I hate damsels, but I love my Talbot's. They're not super aggressive and they're soooo pretty!

My mom always asks me why the pretty blue and yellow fish are only $2 and the ugly orange and white ones are $200. :P

altolamprologus

Did a quick trimming and cleaning. The titan had a bunch of hair algae growing in it, so I kept a couple good pieces and threw the rest in another tank for my longspine urchin. I trimmed enough algae to last my urchin at least a month!

• 2 weeks later...
gearhead364

Your angler is sick! How big will he get? Looking into getting one but not till after I set up my shallow, Has he been pretty easy to keep? seems like he has special needs like a dwarf lion in the ways of feeding right?

altolamprologus
Your angler is sick! How big will he get? Looking into getting one but not till after I set up my shallow, Has he been pretty easy to keep? seems like he has special needs like a dwarf lion in the ways of feeding right?

This species will get about 10-12 inches. Basically a football :lol: He's easy for me, but easy is a very subjective term. I don't mind feeding live food and the large water changes I have to do on this tank, but other people might find those things annoying. But yeah anglers are pretty easy to keep as long as you pay attention to their needs. Feeding is indeed similar to a dwarf lion. Anglers will only eat live food when you get them so they need to be trained onto frozen. Some refuse dead foods no matter how much you try, but mine took to frozen after the first few tries. I think it helped that he was a baby because baby animals are more open to trying new things than adults are.

RustyRocket

It's not fair how active blob is...my little fella just sits on the same rock the whole day, he doesn't even lure anymore...lazy git!!

I gotta stop keeping his food in the same tank as him...make him work n do tricks for his meal >:D!!

Archived