inTank Media Baskets

20gal Commerson's Angler Paradise

altolamprologus

I'm gonna delete that video if you guys keep talking about it! I swear I don't sound like that, my ipod just has a really bad microphone.

Two tanks is nothing. I'm planning a 4th tank right now

I have a cool little 2.5 AIO I made which I have running with fresh water right now. I was thinking Trimma gobies but now I don't know. Maybe FW shrimp since they are easy.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
altolamprologus
I have a cool little 2.5 AIO I made which I have running with fresh water right now. I was thinking Trimma gobies but now I don't know. Maybe FW shrimp since they are easy.

You should do freshwater shrimp of the genus Cardina. They're the crystal reds, blacks, and pearls. They're a bit tougher than other freshwater shrimp, but it's not like keeping a reef.

You should do freshwater shrimp of the genus Cardina. They're the crystal reds, blacks, and pearls. They're a bit tougher than other freshwater shrimp, but it's not like keeping a reef.

post-67912-1333414269_thumb.jpg

post-67912-1333414341_thumb.jpg

altolamprologus
post-67912-1333414269_thumb.jpg

post-67912-1333414341_thumb.jpg

omgomgomg I knew you'd give in to MTS!!!!! I assume the rock means it's saltwater? Trimma gobies?

omgomgomg I knew you'd give in to MTS!!!!! I assume the rock means it's saltwater? Trimma gobies?

Hah. Well, I built it months ago. Its kind of dirty but you get the idea. I was thinking Trimmas. If I go FW shrimp I will need plants and a light. I'd have to change substrate... also I was planning on keeping something that didn't need lights.

altolamprologus
Hah. Well, I built it months ago. Its kind of dirty but you get the idea. I was thinking Trimmas. If I go FW shrimp I will need plants and a light. I'd have to change substrate... also I was planning on keeping something that didn't need lights.

A FOWLR with a crapton of trimmas would be awesome. You could put it near a window and get some low light macro algae

A FOWLR with a crapton of trimmas would be awesome. You could put it near a window and get some low light macro algae

I think it would be pretty boss as well. I actually build this tank for my desk at work, but I couldn't get authorization to bring it in. :/

altolamprologus

I started dosing potassium nitrate yesterday. I dosed enough to bring my nitrate to 3 ppm and when I tested today it was less than 1 ppm. Is that even possible?

AWESOME! Love that vid! Reminded me of when a buddy brought home 8 blue Chromies to add to his tank. He had a Huma Huma Trigger, a snowflake eel, and a Lion fish.

I guess you can picture how that went! :lol:

I loved seeing him throw himself on the thing! It was as big as him and one gulp it's gone! WOW! B)

Oh and with all those macros I bet it is possible.

altolamprologus
AWESOME! Love that vid! Reminded me of when a buddy brought home 8 blue Chromies to add to his tank. He had a Huma Huma Trigger, a snowflake eel, and a Lion fish.

I guess you can picture how that went! :lol:

I loved seeing him throw himself on the thing! It was as big as him and one gulp it's gone! WOW! B)

Oh and with all those macros I bet it is possible.

I would have loved to see that!

I would have loved to see that!

There were a bunch of headless chromie bodies floating around. The trigger just killed them and the other 2 ate the leftovers. Total massacre! :lol: He was freaking out trying to net the blue buggers and it just didn't work out. After 24 hours even the smarter ones that hid were dead. -_-

altolamprologus
There were a bunch of headless chromie bodies floating around. The trigger just killed them and the other 2 ate the leftovers. Total massacre! :lol: He was freaking out trying to net the blue buggers and it just didn't work out. After 24 hours even the smarter ones that hid were dead. -_-

I was gonna say how creepy it is that you seem so excited about it, but then I remembered my evil laugh that Kat won't let me forget.

I was gonna say how creepy it is that you seem so excited about it, but then I remembered my evil laugh that Kat won't let me forget.

Not excited! Just amused that he added them not thinking they would get eaten. I didn't say anything as he NEVER listened anyways, but he had a Aggro Tank and was adding FOOD into it. Made me LOL that night and now too that I think about it. :P Just fish being fish. ;)

altolamprologus
Would I be able to keep an angler in a biocube 14?

If you get a wartskin (A. maculatus), yes. The species I have literally would not fit in a BC14

altolamprologus
Cool! I really want an angler and my bar mitzvah is coming up so people have been asking what I want as a gift. Should I tell one person a bio 14, and another an mp10? :lol::rolleyes:

Or you could ask for a job :lol:

altolamprologus

Please keep all side conversations restricted to your own threads/PM inbox. Thank you.

altolamprologus
can you help me identify this ANGLER? i saw it at my lfs.

2012-04-01_17-00-05_685.jpg2012-04-01_17-00-12_546.jpg

You would need to get a clear look at the esca (lure) to know for sure, but judging by the fin and tail spots, I's say it's an Antennarius pictus (painted angler)

This is spam but who cares because YOU'LL LOVE IT!

Okay, so I was sitting in science today while my teacher was talking about bunnies. I see this giant thing swimming in her fish tank. She kills all of her fish because she forgets to feed them. Expecting it to be a giant goldfish, I waddle over there and look... OMGOMGOMGOMGOGMOMGOMGGOMGOMG AN AXOLOTL!!! But it gets better... TWO AXOLOTLS! One was white with pink fluff and the other was gray and spotted with black. So I'm like, "OMJ MISSES SCIENCE TEACHTEACH, WHERE DID YOU BUY THESE?" And she was all like, "I actually got them from a friend. They're FREAKING GENETICALLY MODIFIED WITH JELLY FISH GENES TO FREAKING GLOW THE FRICK IN THE FRIGGIN DARK! But they're illegal..." So I was all like, "Why do you have them then? Where can I buy one?" And she was like all "Mr. science teachteach down the way, yeah his sister works for fish and game and they confiscated over 100 genetically modified glow in the day axolotls, and since they didn't want to kill them, they gave them to the employees. Then she gave a bunch to Mr. science teachteach down the way and he gave some to me and other Mr. science teachteach down the way too!" And I was like all, "Whaaaa?!!! Neeeeh! DX!"

So there you have it. My science teacher has glow-in-the-dark axolotls that she has no idea how to take care of and I get the privilege of watching them glow while learning about bunnies. :happy:

And I took pictures that I'll upload later. ;)

Archived