ReefCleaners.org

20gal Commerson's Angler Paradise

altolamprologus

altolamprologus

My reefcleaners order shipped out today. 7 new macros headed my way!

I swear I didn't do that on purpose.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
altolamprologus

Why are big boxes of algae so exciting?? Here's what I got:

10 dwarf planaxis snails

penny macro (chaeto)

Spiny algae (Acanthophora spicifera)

Palm caulerpa (Caulerpa Paspaloides) <-this thing is HUGE! The runner is easily a foot and a half long and as thick as a pencil

Christmas tree algae

Halimeda (Monile/incrassata)

Pencil cap

Flamingo feather algae (DOA, but John was nice enough to give me refund)

And a got a few macros for Yoshii

altolamprologus
Pics!

Is that a red dragon in your avatar? With gold scales?

I don't have a camera and my personal photographer probably has homework. If I can find my ipod charger I'll take a vid.

Yeah he was a half-moon red dragon betta. The scales were silver, but I guess that pic kinda sucks.

altolamprologus
Your lack of pictures is doing little to entice me to make my own angler tank. :closedeyes:

Send me $1,000 and I'll be quite happy to go buy a camera and take more pics

altolamprologus

th_IMG_0003.jpg

The macros aren't in their permanent spots. I just threw them in until I can give yoshii her macros.

Send me $1,000 and I'll be quite happy to go buy a camera and take more pics

Seems a little steep.. :/

Tank looks good. Poor shrimp!

altolamprologus
Seems a little steep.. :/

If I'm gonna buy a camera, I want it to be a good one! Now watch the vid. I made it for you

Tank looks good. Poor shrimp!

Thanks :) I think the shrimp knew he was gonna die. He kept trying to get away lol. Oh well, stuff has to die for other stuff to live (and I prefer that the angler lives)

BTW the plastic thing floating in the water has my cleaner shrimp babies in it. Day 3 and still kicking!

If I'm gonna buy a camera, I want it to be a good one! Now watch the vid. I made it for you

Thanks :) I think the shrimp knew he was gonna die. He kept trying to get away lol. Oh well, stuff has to die for other stuff to live (and I prefer that the angler lives)

BTW the plastic thing floating in the water has my cleaner shrimp babies in it. Day 3 and still kicking!

Are they just regular freshwater ghost shrimp?

I thought I had all sorts of peppermint shrimp babies getting around 3 - 4mm's but I guess they might be something like a mysid.

How many days old are the shrimp?

altolamprologus
Are they just regular freshwater ghost shrimp?

I thought I had all sorts of peppermint shrimp babies getting around 3 - 4mm's but I guess they might be something like a mysid.

How many days old are the shrimp?

Yeah they're freshwater ghost shrimp, but I gutload them with ocean nutrition's prime reef flakes so it makes them a bit healthier.

It's not uncommon to have peppermint larvae grow in tanks, but mysids are more likely.

They're 3 days old. I don't have any brine shrimp eggs right now, but they should be delivered tomorrow so hopefully the shrimp can hold on. The starvation period when they're fed solely greenwater is 4-5 days so I'm really cutting it close. I have seen them striking at copepods though so I hope that's enough for now

altolamprologus
My blob of doom can give your blob of doom a run for his money

:rolleyes:

My blob of doom would eat yours in a heartbeat! :P I wouldn't even know what was in the pic if you hadn't said it above. Seriously Kat, I know you can take better pics than that!

he's SO tiny Alto, I took that one picture in the dead of night with a flash light. He lives in the rock and I've only seen his head, not even his whole body.

I think he's smaller than a cerith snail if that is possible

altolamprologus
he's SO tiny Alto, I took that one picture in the dead of night with a flash light. He lives in the rock and I've only seen his head, not even his whole body.

I think he's smaller than a cerith snail if that is possible

OMG that's tiny! Even more of reason my blob of doom would win :lol:

altolamprologus

Oh man I need to start dosing for nitrates. It's completely undetectable on an elos test kit. :o I'm going to be getting some potassium nitrate from GCE, but that won't be until next week

altolamprologus
I use it as food for my phytoplankton cultures.

Yeah but it also has phosphate in it, which I get plenty of from the foods I feed the sun corals. I'd rather just have pure nitrate

Archived