Innovative Marine Aquariums

Mike's ADA 60H (45) - Updated 2/5/2012

JNA_DESIGN

Hello, Im new to the site but I have been stalking over all of you for months if not years. I been in the hobby of fish keeping for about 3 years and have kept almost every kind of species, from discus to neon tertas. I just recently started getting into salt water. My family has an amazing 200 gallon cube that houses some very exotic corals, lucky that we live near a fantastic shop called "World Wide Coral" and they carry some amazing species. Anyways with helping my mother (main person incharge of the 200 beast) I learned alot and I eventually took the dive into salt water. Started with a 10 gallon, it was ok, nothing all that great but for a first timer I think I did ok. Just recently I bought a Mr. Aqua tank that was 17.4 gallons (rimless) and I was happy with it but it wasnt as nice as the ADA tanks but I picked it up for 100$ and was ok clarity. Out of inpatence I filled the thing with sand, small peice of live rock, waited a few days, and added a few black banded clowns.

img01101b.jpg

I wanted to drill the tank and insert 1 inch bulk head for an overflow... Well... I F**KED UP...

img01511z.jpg

That happened yesterday... Lastnight, needless to say, I was forced to enjoy a few fine craft beers to calm down.

Woke up this morning... and I decided to take the jump into the world of ADA... Always wanted to but feared the shipping costs... I ended up getting this

60-H.

But when I ordered the lily pipes I didnt realize that I got the V-5... which is 12 inchs long... a little to long for my taste. So I called them and asked if I could change the order and I got some bad news...

He said the tank is not the same as it is on the site... Instead of the 23 gallon (24x12x18inch) its gunna be a...

Wait for it...

A 33 GALLON!!!!! (24x18x18inch) at the same price... Im so excited with the new dimentions... also it is the super low iron glass for even higher clarity... Only actualy bad news.. Its gunna take a week to get here....

So I also have the MP-10w ES coming and a Eheim 2217 coming... And (Drum roll please) The new AI Nano SOL... DUN DUN DUN DUNNNNNN!!!!!

I cant wait to start putting everything together. I already made my rock scape. (Will have alot of negitive space, which I love)

img01531.jpg

It will be more spread out once I get the tank, and Im sure I will change the whole thing because Im crazy lol. But let me know what you guys think, and also any ideas or questions would be grand.

BTW @Rehype.... I hate you... only because of your lagoon tank made me torn between getting the 'H' series of the ADA's or the 'F'.... I studied your tank all day... Ill get one eventually but I want to have super clear glass for once >.<

8/30/2011

photoypj.jpg

9/13/2011

310672_250595308318413_100001038364997_785185_145237312_n.jpg

1/3/2012

fts2.jpg

1/19/2011

ftsb.jpg

Hope you guys get some enjoyment from my build.

Thanks,

Mike.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You think me being a computer geek that I woulda thought of clicking on the properties lmao. Thanks.

And there is a Achilles tang in there that has been going stong for about 18 months... He is the coolest and funniest fish. Well next to my Lima Catfish in my 75 gallon rimless... He likes to be pet >.<

Well it actually bigger then a normal 60H but I never seen them make the 33.66 gallon that he said he is sending me. 24x18x18inch... Thats why I called it a 60H '+' lol.

wtf, were you using a drill bit to drill a hole in the tank?

i hope you dont have the urge to drill the ADA

I was using a metal drill bit... I know I know... That is a bad idea... But with the high rpm's of the drill I was using it was working just fine. Only problem was when I had my weight pushed down on the drill and it finnaly went through I didnt catch my self in time and BOOM. The drill hit the glass and cracked... Im fairly certin that I woulda been able to make the hole is I didnt decide to let the drill kiss the glass lol.

And I am NOT drilling the ADA, I ordered lily pipes... Even tho I have this sweet sump and skimmer... Guess I could sell it? Or buy another tank :blink:

O and look what I got!!!!

img01581x.jpg

The tank is on the truck!!! So excited... First time I will be seeing a real ADA tank in person... Gunna get sand tommarrow, and taking water out of the 200 gallon so start the cycle.

omgomgomg this tank is amazing so far! Can't wait to see this slick baby! Everything so far is slick, AI Nano, ADA, lily pipes, MP10, scape is sick.

My and my dog are waiting for this damn UPS guy... This is worse then xmas when I was younger...

Edit: The FedEx guy came to drop off some work related items... My heart starting racing only to open the door to the wrong uniform... Im sure he is having some issues right now trying to figure out why I went from Happy to disapoointed just by the shear glance of his face.

She is here!!! Boy Im so excited!!

photoypj.jpg

As you can see the 2217 is here as well. The lily pipes didnt come in.... Im about to give them a call now.

Honestly these tanks are works of art by them selfs. So glad I ponied up the extra mula and got what I really wanted. Glass is so clear compaired to normal glass.

Rabidgerbil38

Were you trying to run the cable through the desk or the whole module? Looking great so far, that 200G cube is sweet!

photo2hn.jpg

+

photo1vp.jpg

=

photoivo.jpg

I will take a better picture of the scape once the salt begins to calm down. So this time tomorrow you guys can see my try at doing the complete opposite of what most do, I used large pieces of rock that took me months to pick and find instead of the "Lego" way of using a bunch of small pieces. I like my way better but I know it’s not for most. I just like the challenge.

Were you trying to run the cable through the desk or the whole module? Looking great so far, that 200G cube is sweet!

It was a small hole that I wanted to run it though and the module wouldn’t fit so I took it apart and noticed that it’s just a normal plug so unplugged the mp10 from the module and ran it though the hole then plugged it back in. Since then I decided to go with a stand rather than my desk since this tank will be 300+ pounds and I would more than likely go on a killing spree if I had 33 gallons of water burst in my office. :rant:

And would you guys like to see some more photos of the 200 gallon even though this is a nano forum?

Please any comments rants or questions would make work tomorrow a little more enjoyable =)

Archived