Coral Vue Hydros

Dirty Joe's 28 Gallons of Magic

Joe Dirt

That's going to look awesome when it fills in! The LFS is pretty brave to frag a scoly. That's an expensive bet.

Agreed! That's why I waited to buy it until I could tell it was growing and would actually fill back in. The LFS I go to frags their bleeding apply scolys into 4 pieces all the time successfully, so they must have worked out a good way to do it. The owner of the store I go to is apparently who gave bleeding apply scolys their name, which was an interesting tidbit of info I learned today while coral shopping.

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Agreed! That's why I waited to buy it until I could tell it was growing and would actually fill back in. The LFS I go to frags their bleeding apply scolys into 4 pieces all the time successfully, so they must have worked out a good way to do it. The owner of the store I go to is apparently who gave bleeding apply scolys their name, which was an interesting tidbit of info I learned today while coral shopping.

Those damned Berkley hippies are doing something right! ;)

Those damned Berkley hippies are doing something right! ;)

Haha, apparently :P The LFS I go to is actually in Union City about 30 minutes south of Berkeley, but its still the SF bay area so still hippies.

For my fellow iPhone users out there, I bought this app because of the article and I must say that its worth every penny. I haven't kept up with my paper log in a while. The app is super convenient and you can graph your data.

Very nice. I made banana nut bread today. The people at work love it, so I make it pretty often. Easy recipe and great taste.

Felicia, I just caught the price on that scoly. Holy crap! I would have scooped that up in a heartbeat.

Very nice. I made banana nut bread today. The people at work love it, so I make it pretty often. Easy recipe and great taste.

Oh...that sounds good! We're having just a plain wheat bread to go with the broccoli and cheddar soup I picked up from Whole Foods today.

Must try! Make sure you fold the last 3 ingredients and don't use a mixer. Very important for the final taste. People that don't like banana nut bread love this recipe. The sour cream makes it so moist. People will beg you to make it again. I cook for 50 minutes because my oven is a little hot. Your mileage may vary.
Must try! Make sure you fold the last 3 ingredients and don't use a mixer. Very important for the final taste. People that don't like banana nut bread love this recipe. The sour cream makes it so moist. People will beg you to make it again. I cook for 50 minutes because my oven is a little hot. Your mileage may vary.

Just added it to my favorites! I make banana nut bread quite often so I'll enjoy trying this recipe :) It's very similar to the one in my Martha Stewart cookbook. She uses the sour cream too.

Bump for a mouth watering pic of nana nut bread. Mmmmm.

5f4a4602.jpg

Yum!

I like the color of your mixer! Mine's cobalt blue :)

I scored it on CL, unopened in the box for $150. Can't go wrong with Kitchenaid. In hindsight, I will I would have gone with the professional. Bread dough puts a woopin' on that hinge.

I scored it on CL, unopened in the box for $150. Can't go wrong with Kitchenaid. In hindsight, I will I would have gone with the professional. Bread dough puts a woopin' on that hinge.

I'm gonna one-up you....mine was free :) Christmas gift from the in-laws.

Ours isn't a professional either. It was creaking something fierce mixing the bread dough tonight :lol:

Look at you guys with your homemade foods. I had band practice tonight so you know what I ate?

thebaconator.jpg

And it was so good. :lol:

Joel! :o

As long as it's not all the time :lol:

She be a Baconator B) for those times when a reasonable portion of food just doesn't do it.

Other acceptable alternatives are KFC Double Downs or McGangBangs :lol:

And no not all the time, just days with practice make it hard to find time to fix food :lol:

Wendy's :wub:

Best fast food IMO.

I like Wendy's. I usually get a baked potato and side salad. Or Chicken nuggets and a side salad (usually caesar...the most fattening salad :lol:)

If you like the nuggets, try their Go Wraps. That's my go-to light road trip meal- Spicy Chicken Go Wrap, medium fry and a water. They have three types of chicken: grilled, crispy, or spicy (crispy but with spicy breading) and I think a few types of dressing. I don't know, I always get ranch :lol:

Creature of habit.

If you like the nuggets, try their Go Wraps. That's my go-to light road trip meal- Spicy Chicken Go Wrap, medium fry and a water. They have three types of chicken: grilled, crispy, or spicy (crispy but with spicy breading) and I think a few types of dressing. I don't know, I always get ranch :lol:

Creature of habit.

I'm a very healthy eater...but when it comes to chicken....fried (crispy) is my favorite. Second favorite would be baked. I could live without beef, no problem, but no way could I live without chicken....it's my favorite :)

Archived