inTank Media Baskets

Dirty Joe's 28 Gallons of Magic

Joe Dirt

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great shots of the clowns! Do they actually bite you when you stick your hands in the tank? I know a lot of people's clowns bite but mine haven't started that yet.

Everything is looking great and I love how you rigged up those rocks on the back wall. It looks cool and I see what you're saying about it adding depth. And of course more SPS space is always good. I may have to ask you the details of how you did that if I get the itch to buy more SPS because I'm out of spots for them at the moment.

Oh, and your chalice is my favorite!

Looks great and I really like the LR on the back wall. Excellent use of space specially if you have it.

Thanks SS!

Great stuff, CJ!

Mad jelly of that chalice, mine is coloring up really well too.

Out of all the bad luck I've had, this piece is doing well. Go figure.

Great shots of the clowns! Do they actually bite you when you stick your hands in the tank? I know a lot of people's clowns bite but mine haven't started that yet.

Everything is looking great and I love how you rigged up those rocks on the back wall. It looks cool and I see what you're saying about it adding depth. And of course more SPS space is always good. I may have to ask you the details of how you did that if I get the itch to buy more SPS because I'm out of spots for them at the moment.

Oh, and your chalice is my favorite!

They do bite. Like little bastards if I don't feed them. And YGPM about le rocks.

The second clownfish picture looks like he's giving you a high 5 :)

:lol: Didn't notice that. Awesomesause!

I had a free day today, so I secured a few SPS pieces onto the rock work. A mini new FTS for your viewing pleasure. BTW, that cap is getting brighter and brighter purple and looks great where it's at. Awesomesause.

95f258e1.jpg

My clownfish like to peck at my fingers thinking I always have pellets for them.

FTS is looking good Dirty; How did you get the phosphates down?

I ended up doing two 40% WCs in a week to get things back to normal. Now, I'm just sticking with the reduced feedings and weekly 5G WCs. Everything is starting to get brighter. The screaming birdsnest is screaming again. Pics of my new/final purchases to come later on today.

Man, whatever yer doing it must be working. All yer sps are fat and happy!

Thanks Mark. I'm getting there. I really want to shift gears now and save up for a doser and a controller.

I don't have time for full PE and for the lighting to color everything up real nice but I wanted to get a quick pick out there. I got these frags last night from a couple local guys that were very nice and have amazing collections. From left to right:

• ORA Pearlberry!!! (I've been looking for this piece since I've had the tank)
  • Blue Staghorn
  • Strawberry Shortcake Acropora
  • Superman Millepora

54d82946.jpg

Thanks Mark. I'm getting there. I really want to shift gears now and save up for a doser and a controller.

I don't have time for full PE and for the lighting to color everything up real nice but I wanted to get a quick pick out there. I got these frags last night from a couple local guys that were very nice and have amazing collections. From left to right:

• ORA Pearlberry!!! (I've been looking for this piece since I've had the tank)
  • Blue Staghorn
  • Strawberry Shortcake Acropora
  • Superman Millepora

54d82946.jpg

Do want.

Spirofucci

Finally a shortcake!!! JD, those frags are so colorful!!!! It seems like sps get so pissed off during a long shipping. Mine take days to months to recolor up.

Do want.

Patience grasshopper. I'm a collector, not a profiteer. I'd love to help other people out when my stuff grows out.

Finally a shortcake!!! JD, those frags are so colorful!!!! It seems like sps get so pissed off during a long shipping. Mine take days to months to recolor up.

I won't do shipping unless there is a very specific piece I want. I've avoided it thus far thankfully. I would definitely start looking on Craigslist or local reefers ads on local sites, even if it means a drive. I prefer fresh cut. But that's just me. I don't trust most people's super glue skills TBH.

Edit: spelling

Patience grasshopper. I'm a collector, not a profiteer. I'd love to help other people out when my stuff grows out.

I'd be all over that ;)

You didn't mention the Strawberry Shortcake :wub: Congrats on those amazing finds!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks; these guys had a lot of LE SPS stuff but not a whole bunch of mushies. Sorry. The pics don't do the SS any justice. My camera sucks. Not anywhere close to v------ this guy.

Wow nice score joe!

Thanks bud. I've been searching and searching and it finally paid off. Now for a doser, controller, and an ATO to keep things consistent. I also need to do some soul searching as to what my next tank is going to be.

Thanks; these guys had a lot of LE SPS stuff but not a whole bunch of mushies. Sorry. The pics don't do the SS any justice. My camera sucks. Not anywhere close to v------ this guy.

Well if that sucks it must be incredibly spectacular in person, because that picture rocks!!!!!! It's beautiful :)

I didn't figure they'd have much in the way of mushrooms when they stock what you picked up. Oh well -_-

nice find on the pearlberry and shortcake. I haven't taken any pics of my pearl berry. It's not easy to photograph, but it is one of my favorite corals. Have you seen any place with some interesting, colorful zoas?

Archived