Innovative Marine Aquariums

Dirty Joe's 28 Gallons of Magic

Joe Dirt

I think the placement looks perfect! I also think you need more ricordeas...too bad they cost so much!!!! I did see that Coralmorphologic (sp?) is having a special...12 for $99 or something like that. I've gotten rics from them before...they are, of course, amazing.

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, they are like $20 a piece which kinda sucks. I have a yellow, so I'll get an orange, blue, and a pink and that'll be that. I really want to get a purple monti cap, and a chalice with some blue in it. These corals need to hurry up and grow already. Geez.

A monti and chalice would look awesome. Where would you put them in your scape? I would put a monti right below the middle birdsnest. Is that a magenta? I can't remember what it was called at Vivid. Or to the left of the bird on the frogspawn rock. There are so many places that would work well!!!!!

I hear you on the growth. It seems to take forever sometimes. But then, all of a sudden, out of nowhere, it just takes off :)

A monti and chalice would look awesome. Where would you put them in your scape? I would put a monti right below the middle birdsnest. Is that a magenta? I can't remember what it was called at Vivid. Or to the left of the bird on the frogspawn rock. There are so many places that would work well!!!!!

I hear you on the growth. It seems to take forever sometimes. But then, all of a sudden, out of nowhere, it just takes off :)

I hope it happens soon. I would put the monti cap to the right of the peak of my scape. Let it fan out horizontally to the right.

I hope it happens soon. I would put the monti cap to the right of the peak of my scape. Let it fan out horizontally to the right.

That would be awesome too...although it may grow into the purple tipped sps eventually. What's that sps called again? I love it!!!!!! They really gave you a nice big frag!!!!!!!

IKR, it's like a mini colony! It's called ORA Tricolor Valida Acropora. I always update my list of corals, so if you ever want to know check my first page. BTW, I'm working on a deal right now, :ninja:

IKR, it's like a mini colony! It's called ORA Tricolor Valida Acropora. I always update my list of corals, so if you ever want to know check my first page. BTW, I'm working on a deal right now, :ninja:

Sounds exciting. I hope this one goes through :)

Deal fell through. :( And I was on the damned road headed there too. What a bummer. I have a new plan though. I will have a chalice sooner or later.

That's too bad! What's the new plan? Are you looking for a specific chalice or just any nice looking one? Also, I love the new FTS. Those SPS's are looking great!

What?????? Well, that really stinks!!!!!

IKR, I was soooo pissed. I won't do business with him now based on principle. I'm on the frickin' road and he texts that he can't be there for another hour and half. I had to be in Simi, so I bailed. Bummer too.

That's too bad! What's the new plan? Are you looking for a specific chalice or just any nice looking one? Also, I love the new FTS. Those SPS's are looking great!

Thanks! I just locked down all my SPS today with epoxy, so there is a new FTW in my future. I also accidentally "fragged" (read: broke) a couple branches of Ponape Birdsnest. I glue both of the tiny branches to the same frag plug. I hope they make it; they'd make good trading pieces.

You came out my way and didn't come get your monti frag that is still sitting in my tank. You also would have had your pick of four chalices to frag. Dum Dum.

You came out my way and didn't come get your monti frag that is still sitting in my tank. You also would have had your pick of four chalices to frag. Dum Dum.

:happydance:

I suspect you'll have chalices by the end of the week :) woohoo!!!!

As do I. B) My buddy Dan's got my back either way.

I had a little bit of SPS drama last night! I found a copepod eating the base of my ORA birdsnest. I also saw that the base was white. So immediately, I assume I'm getting RTN or something. Things get worse when I hopped online and found that pods only eat decaying flesh. So I wake up in the morning and it hasn't spread at all. I get home from a very long day at work and its still good. The best I can guess is that I man-handled the SPS too much when I was having issues trying to lock it into place with the epoxy in the rock work. The piece of CA that originally glued the piece to the frags plug was loose and I didn't can't it right away and kept fidgeting with the coral wondering why it wouldn't secure into place with the epoxy. My theory is that I just damaged the flesh a little and I think it will grow back. For the record, the polyps are still there, its just the brownish skin that's white.

Oh, and for the first time since the tank switch of my corals under the new LEDs (they lost color from slowly ramping up the light cycle and switching from T5s), my Captain America has 3 distinct colors now!!! Things are really starting to color up very nicely. I am happy.

Archived