Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Monks 20g Sad Little Macro Tank

drunkenmonk21

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
drunkenmonk21

Got some Red Titan, Couple Gracilaria's, caulerpa maybe a couple more. I got home with all fish alive and 250 extra pounds of rock lol

I am pretty sure I can not fit all this extra rock in the 55g. I'm going to have to trade or sell some. Ok back to setting up some tanks.

:) I am going to need to order macros this spring!! New thread to come

drunkenmonk21

I was going to make a new thread but I got one here already :)

IMG_0886.jpg

Now I just have to start collecting Macroalgae again, and rebuild my leds to fit.

I have 2 Yellow Clown Gobies in there, the Clownfish is going to be moved to my 75 Ill be setting up this week sometime hopefully. Then maybe this 20g can be plumbed into the 75 :)

Here is a pic of my poor 55g with most of the rock out of the 150g. Rock is stacked up to the top and goes from back to front, hardly any room in there at all lol. Cant wait to set up the 75g. Once I have a chance to really check out all the rock, I will prolly be re-scaping the 20g with more interesting pieces.

IMG_0804.jpg

drunkenmonk21

So I was thinking of doing one of a couple things with this Macro tank. Above all it will be a macro tank :)

1: Make it an invert only tank.

2: A species tank, I was thinking a lone small Valentini or Leopard Puffer, or a Orange Tail File Fish. maybe another species ( Ideas?

I dont want to do Seahorses or Pipefish.

Any thoughts

Here it is in its current state Sorry for the phone pics :(

20H1-20-14.jpg

drunkenmonk21

Well I got a good deal on a RR 75g only 75$ So now im planning on setting up a this new 75 for a larger macro tank with a Blue spot puffer, Tahitian Butterfly, Copper banded, Red tail filefish, and maybe a dwarf angel.

drunkenmonk21

It was used but looks great, none of the seams have any wear at all. It seem that the return line is drilled inside of the overflow box? Is that common? I have a bulk head that fits 3/4 pipes and it slides in the overflow drain, Im wondering if the stand pipe bulkheads would be different than the out the back overflows. The return looks to be 1/2. Doesnt seem like a lot for a 75 but ill make it work.

Archived