Coral Vue Hydros

Jacob's Elos Mini

Jacobnano

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Love the scape and coral placement goes well with it. This is gonna look amazing once everything colors up.

Nice work!

Thanks! I was a little worried about the pillar but it looks way better with coral on it :D I just have to wait for everything to color up :D!

Looks absolutely awesome jacob cant wait till everything colors back up...

Thanks man! Yea it will be nice to see my coral again, how it used to look :)

+1

did you put the shrimp and goby in too?

Why yes, and to prove it:

IMG_0491-1.jpg

Looking great. Did you rework the sump? Are you using the Elos adjustable flow return pump? If the micro bubbles do not calm down you will have to move the return pump around in the sump. You will find the happy medium there is one trust me.

Looking great. Did you rework the sump? Are you using the Elos adjustable flow return pump? If the micro bubbles do not calm down you will have to move the return pump around in the sump. You will find the happy medium there is one trust me.

Yup! The sump is re-worked. Alright, I will see if I can find that, I am assuming there will be less once this skimmer gets broken in.

I am just going to stay with non jumping fish. No wrasses or jawfish unfortunately, but I prefer the look of no cover.

I think jumping clownfish is actually very uncommon. I think they are one of the least prone fish to jump out of the tank.

Not to discourage you but jumping clownfish seems pretty common, or else I have the worst luck in the world. I've had my Elos Mini for two years now and had three carpet surfing clowns so far. Two were Picassos. Cha-ching!

I've been somewhat out of the hobby for the past year but I'm regaining interest. What light is it that you have over your Mini? I love my tank, but have never been happy with the eLite. I know they came out with a marine version or something but I've thought about switching to a different light for better color. I really, really like the LED's for their complete lack of heat transfer though.

Not to discourage you but jumping clownfish seems pretty common, or else I have the worst luck in the world. I've had my Elos Mini for two years now and had three carpet surfing clowns so far. Two were Picassos. Cha-ching!

I've been somewhat out of the hobby for the past year but I'm regaining interest. What light is it that you have over your Mini? I love my tank, but have never been happy with the eLite. I know they came out with a marine version or something but I've thought about switching to a different light for better color. I really, really like the LED's for their complete lack of heat transfer though.

Huh, I have had the opposite but good to know! Thank you!

I have the Aqua Illumination Sol Blue, it does have modified LED pucks though. I made the light tree myself as well. They are very nice, basically no heat at all added for me!

Archived