inTank Media Baskets

Jacob's Elos Mini

Jacobnano

Not only does the tank looks great w/o anything in it, the filtration system under neath looked superbly built. The clarity/color difference between the front and side panes of glass were quite noticeable. Can't wait to see this stocked!

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I stumbled upon a light mounting solution - I hope - and ordered one as a pilot test for my 40. Might change the way a lot of us mount par bulbs if it works the way I think.

I stumbled upon a light mounting solution - I hope - and ordered one as a pilot test for my 40. Might change the way a lot of us mount par bulbs if it works the way I think.

Whoa really? You are gonna have to elaborate on that.

Mr. Microscope

Hey there! Where did you get your elos system? I've been looking for the white stand, but Marine Depot only has black, sliver, and wenge.

Hey there! Where did you get your elos system? I've been looking for the white stand, but Marine Depot only has black, sliver, and wenge.

I purchased mine directly from Elos, you may be able to contact them and purchase a stand.

IMG_8314.jpg

IMG_8311.jpg

IMG_8297.jpg

I LIKE

Nice can't wait to see this set up and running.

Me too, to both of you :lol:

The awesome rock is from John of course :)

How have you decided to mount the AI Sol? It seems like you'd have to hang it to get the coverage you want. I can't wait to see this thing set up. I haven't been able to find many pictures of a single AI unit over a cube like this.

How have you decided to mount the AI Sol? It seems like you'd have to hang it to get the coverage you want. I can't wait to see this thing set up. I haven't been able to find many pictures of a single AI unit over a cube like this.

Please don't hang it from the ceiling with steel wire, that will totally kill the look of the clean tank :P

Oh, and just because I am jealous and giving you feedback that you don't need. You should also cut out and mount that ReefKeeper in your door, like StevieT did on his RedSeaMax :D

Honestly though, love the tank I'm excited to see this thing wet

I am still working on that, that is probably the most difficult part it seems ;)

Please don't hang it from the ceiling with steel wire, that will totally kill the look of the clean tank :P

Oh, and just because I am jealous and giving you feedback that you don't need. You should also cut out and mount that ReefKeeper in your door, like StevieT did on his RedSeaMax :D

Honestly though, love the tank I'm excited to see this thing wet

Done!

I was thinking about that, but I want there to be a super clean look, so no external things ;)

Me too! Also, that's what she said. <- Maturity :lol:

I used the conduit hanging tree. Cheap and looks good. Check out my build thread I just started, feel free to ask any questions. Welcome to the Elos Mini club!

• 2 weeks later...

This tank is going to be sick! Great choice going with the elos tank they are definitely one of the cleanest looking tanks out there. I like the rock work but what are your plans for the tall tower? ill be following this for sure!

Ow snap Jacob got a mini. Great little tank I loved mine. I can give you some pointers on that sump. If I could give any advise it would be turn the sump 180 degrees. Remove the baffle in the big area of the sump. Then toss the skimmer in the fish junk pile. Then run drain hose right into the filter sock. Then when you get tired of cleaning that sock slide a media basket into the sock square. You can now fit a Eshopps 120 cone skimmer or a SWC 120 cone in the sump. It also leaves another square open next to the sock square that you can grow cheato. I mastered that sump. Lol

Just helped splice the wires for the lighting and data. Not even my tank but getting excited. Excellent build!

HI5!

This tank is going to be sick! Great choice going with the elos tank they are definitely one of the cleanest looking tanks out there. I like the rock work but what are your plans for the tall tower? ill be following this for sure!

Thanks! It is mostly going to be a surprise but I will have some SPS :D

Ow snap Jacob got a mini. Great little tank I loved mine. I can give you some pointers on that sump. If I could give any advise it would be turn the sump 180 degrees. Remove the baffle in the big area of the sump. Then toss the skimmer in the fish junk pile. Then run drain hose right into the filter sock. Then when you get tired of cleaning that sock slide a media basket into the sock square. You can now fit a Eshopps 120 cone skimmer or a SWC 120 cone in the sump. It also leaves another square open next to the sock square that you can grow cheato. I mastered that sump. Lol

Hey man! Where the hell have you been? Wow that is actually a pretty good plan, I will probably have to do that.

Archived