Innovative Marine Aquariums

Sweet<3's Clownfish Adventure

sweet<3

yeah forgot about the vacation too. thank god i have a great local reef club and members and other frisnds know about what to look for and to do. i been good with the ppl who have stopped over to feed and add rots etc..

i got a RKE on my system and i use the ireef iphone app so if anything goes out of spec like temp or pH or something stops or whatever, i get a email and i can call someone to stop over which is a nice piece of mind.

since i switched to better heaters, insulated my sump with 1" rigid insulation , then all lights to Leds and used efficient single large pump and skimmer pumps i noticed a good drop in my electric bill.

every little bit helps our bottom line as breeders to probably make a profit....in 5 years.. haha

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So after a series of setbacks, my onyx pair is back on track. Here are a few quick pics I took:

IMG_5828.jpg

IMG_5855.jpg

IMG_5856-1.jpg

Here is my last batch of babies going on four months, I think...haha.

0Batch3Faveen.jpg

altolamprologus

So cute! I'm glad they're doing well! Another couple months and you'll have yourself some cash to spend :)

Congrats on the new lay, I hope they all hatch out for you.

Hey sweet<3, how is the breeding going for your black ice clowns? Those are my favorite of all the clowns. Also, are those ceramic flower pots that they are laying their eggs in?

Well both the snowflake x darwin and the black ice x darwin pairs are cleaning their pots (and yes those are flower pots :) hopfully i will have some black ice babies in the near future!

Awesome! Keep us updated! (especially the black ice ones for me) lol. Not sure how far you are from me but I may want to purchase a pair of black ice. I've lost confidence in the only store that sells them down here in SoCal.

So I have an exciting announcement!

My Darwin x Extreme Snowflake pair is laying right now as I type!

:wub:

2-28-12.jpg

Cross your fingers that they leave me some eggs to hatch and don't eat them all!

For those interested in Black Ice babies, they may be here very soon!

altolamprologus
So I have an exciting announcement!

My Darwin x Extreme Snowflake pair is laying right now as I type!

:wub:

2-28-12.jpg

Cross your fingers that they leave me some eggs to hatch and don't eat them all!

For those interested in Black Ice babies, they may be here very soon!

omgomgomg So exciting. You make me want to breed clowns.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been following along. I REALLY admire your stamina! :lol:

I cant imagine the frustration! But it looks like there are days that really make it all worth it.

And I LOVE the picture in your signature!

Kinda sums it all up. :)

Well thank you and thanks for following along :D. It certainly has been an adventure! I love it though and would do it all over again!

altolamprologus
Well thank you and thanks for following along :D. It certainly has been an adventure! I love it though and would do it all over again!

Is there anything new to report? Seems like it's been awhile since the last update.

Well I think the breeders all decided to take a little vacation break. But the onyx pair looks fat and the onyx x platinum pair looks like they might be getting ready to lay their first clutch! So no news yet but hopefully soon!

Haha very true! But we all know what happens on spring break-hopefully there are lots of babies to follow!

And i lied, i just got home and found a large clutch of onyx eggs :D

Archived