Pod Your Reef

Sweet<3's Clownfish Adventure

sweet<3

Yea I better start makin more room! Might need a new broodstock tank haha.

Here are some pics of the eggs today:::

IMG_7350.jpg

IMG_7349.jpg

IMG_7348.jpg

IMG_7347.jpg

IMG_7346.jpg

very nice pair. your gonna have some sweet snowflakes coming soon watch!!!

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply
very nice pair. your gonna have some sweet snowflakes coming soon watch!!!

Thank you I sure hope so!

I do sell my babies :) all I have available right now are babies from my onyx pair though. I will be shipping but probably just the designer babies since it would probably be cheaper to buy a pair of onyx locally because of shipping costs.

In regards to mated pairs and/or breeding pairs prices can vary significantly. If you buy from a store or forums such as mofib you will be looking at prices in the hundreds. Ultimately it pays for itself if you can raise their babies but its hard on the wallet to start. What i try to do is pay attention to my local forums or post a thread asking if anyone is selling. A lot of times people have Healthy mature and often breeding pairs for very reasonable prices. It requires a little more patience but the outcome is worth it I think. I have never sold any of my pairs, but when i buy from local forums pairs of non-designer clowns cost between $50-$100 dollars depending on what variation of clowns they are. Darwins should be cheaper than onyx (which may cost you between $200-300) if you can find them locally.

Another trick that I like, if you dont want to drop money on a breeding pair, is to find a mature female (3+ inches and 2+ years in age) and pair her up with a smaller clown. Single mature fish are much easier to find and if you set the right conditions may start breeding sooner than you may think.

Hope this helps!

In other news....

Darwin x extreme snowflake laid today! Only about fifteen eggs left after the munch-fest but its progress! Very very excited :D

Awesome. Thank you so much for the info!

Pretty weird but with all the work I have going on, I can't wait to move just to setup a corner to give breeding a try. I can already forsee that my reef tanks are going to suffer... Lol

Who else comes to this thread for the updates to Sweet's avatar? :P

Seriously - can't wait to see what you get from your Snow / B&W combo - they rock!

nowshomesomebabies!!!!! :naughtydance:

<------- ;)

i love your pair. i have a similar pair going now also. i got a darwin female with a super black ice laying. mine sorta looks like your male, but mine has more black on him. the black is even coming down onto his nose and lips..

smitty_1280

Seriously - can't wait to see what you get from your Snow / B&W combo - they rock!

Shhh, don't tell my wife lol. She has some awesome pairs, that is why I follow.

Well in that case I will have to update my avatar more often :lol: hahaha

You guys are too kind :happy:

Awesome. Thank you so much for the info!

Pretty weird but with all the work I have going on, I can't wait to move just to setup a corner to give breeding a try. I can already forsee that my reef tanks are going to suffer... Lol

NOT WEIRD AT ALL!!! Haha you have no idea how exciting I find all of this. I think all of us breeders share the sentiment ;)

Haha I'm workin on it!

<------- ;)

i love your pair. i have a similar pair going now also. i got a darwin female with a super black ice laying. mine sorta looks like your male, but mine has more black on him. the black is even coming down onto his nose and lips..

Ya yours is amazing I love him! Mine is just a regular snowflake but hopefully his babies will turn out dark like your male!

Shhh, don't tell my wife lol. She has some awesome pairs, that is why I follow.

Bahaha why thank you :lol:

So something must be in the water....

IMG_7372.jpg

The male tried to eat as many as he could (notice his EXTREME bulge). But look how many are left :wub:

IMG_7371.jpg

IMG_7354.jpg

My onyx pair are laying continually, but their clutches are still fairly small -_-

IMG_7365.jpg

IMG_7364.jpg

altolamprologus

Now that's a lot of eggs! Maybe you could try feeding the male as much as he will eat all day long so there physically isn't room in his stomach for eggs?

Maybe I'm being naive, but if you moved the pot to another pair's tank, would they adopt the eggs and take care of them?

Now that's a lot of eggs! Maybe you could try feeding the male as much as he will eat all day long so there physically isn't room in his stomach for eggs?

Maybe I'm being naive, but if you moved the pot to another pair's tank, would they adopt the eggs and take care of them?

I have fed this little fatty so much and he still eats them!! I was so scared the first time because I thought he might eat himself to death :o

And moving the eggs is definitely reasonable. I thought about moving them to my experienced onyx pair, but they have eggs right now and I didn't want to have to sacrifice those. I figure I'm gonna give them a chance or two more and see how it goes. If he doesn't figure it out, I will start experimenting with moving them.

nice nest you got going on. i got a occy with a super snow that just laid for me for the first time a few days ago. the female occy is over 7 years old.

your new avatar pic brought back some awesome high school feelings. your avatar looks like one of my old and one of my fav ex girlfriends.... i had a flashback and was awestruck. hehe makes me wish it was 1993 all over again...

your male is only a snow? he looks darker. i got a super smore from Eileen, who got it from fisheye.from what she told me that is one of a very few that he ever let go. this male is freaking amazing and its with a reg occy, but i am looking for a darwin female to pair him with. he is getting so dark now.

FishEyeAquaculture
....i got a super smore from Eileen, who got it from fisheye.from what she told me that is one of a very few that he ever let go. this male is freaking amazing and its with a reg occy, but i am looking for a darwin female to pair him with. he is getting so dark now.

Oh, now you have to share!

Fish look great sweet<3!!!!

i will once i get him a proper mate! looking for a Darwin female for him. and you get dibs on the nicest baby since you produced such a nice fish!

nice nest you got going on. i got a occy with a super snow that just laid for me for the first time a few days ago. the female occy is over 7 years old.

your new avatar pic brought back some awesome high school feelings. your avatar looks like one of my old and one of my fav ex girlfriends.... i had a flashback and was awestruck. hehe makes me wish it was 1993 all over again...

your male is only a snow? he looks darker. i got a super smore from Eileen, who got it from fisheye.from what she told me that is one of a very few that he ever let go. this male is freaking amazing and its with a reg occy, but i am looking for a darwin female to pair him with. he is getting so dark now.

Haha well I'm glad the feeling were positive and I don't look like an ex you hated! :D

This male is only a snow, but I am definitely pleased with how dark he got. I would love to see a pick of yours he sounds amazing!

I'm calling dibs on a pair of these babies right now.

You got it Mr. :happy:

Wow you've had awesome luck! Congrats!

Thank you I do feel very lucky!

Thank you!

You have some great looking nests. Hopefully your males start playing nicer :)

Ugh I know. I don't even think the male plat fertilized any of the eggs this time. Probably why he is munching down :(

i will once i get him a proper mate! looking for a Darwin female for him. and you get dibs on the nicest baby since you produced such a nice fish!

Noooo show us now!! Haha. I think we all want dibs on those babies :D

shaneandjohn

Wow, what a thread!!

John told me I had to read thru this and he was right.

You have got yourself an Amazing collection of stock. Your set up looks like you have put a lot of thought into your needs.

I have subscribed and I am excited to see what you are able to produce.

Congratulations on what you have accomplished and I wish you all of the best for the future.

And for the Avitar pic, If that's your personal pics, Then your clowns are very lucky to have such a HOT momma..:)

FishEyeAquaculture

...and that is why you're awesome in my book!!! B)

holy moly thats a very big clutch, it'll be sweet to see what they produce.. i would call dibs but mr pickles beat me to it,,,arrgggg lol...... save the eggs save the eggs.....

Sweet heres a link with the males im working with now, the first one is from embroyguy that for some reason i cannot find anymore, he always had the best clowns and now i own one of them, very nice super snow filled with lots of black, second and third were produced here in house by me and are also superb, was gonna sell one pair off but decided not to... anyways check them out see what you think..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIxlvRaQs-g...shVYZ6ZI-nv03E=

smitty_1280
Sweet heres a link with the males im working with now, the first one is from embroyguy that for some reason i cannot find anymore, he always had the best clowns and now i own one of them, very nice super snow filled with lots of black, second and third were produced here in house by me and are also superb, was gonna sell one pair off but decided not to... anyways check them out see what you think..

I would really like to see the results of the last pair on that video. Should be interesting. :)

Wow, what a thread!!

John told me I had to read thru this and he was right.

You have got yourself an Amazing collection of stock. Your set up looks like you have put a lot of thought into your needs.

I have subscribed and I am excited to see what you are able to produce.

Congratulations on what you have accomplished and I wish you all of the best for the future.

And for the Avitar pic, If that's your personal pics, Then your clowns are very lucky to have such a HOT momma..:)

:blush: Thank you my avatar pics arey personal pics, but I only look like that on a really good day hahaha :D

But welcome to the thread I'm glad you are enjoying it!! Be sure to check out the other breeders threads too if you havent already. There are a lot of really great people on here :D

As for my setup, this is the third time I have set it up and finally learned how to do it right! Haha it has caused me a lot if heartache in the past.

Thanks for following and hopefully I will have some exciting updates in the upcoming months!

holy moly thats a very big clutch, it'll be sweet to see what they produce.. i would call dibs but mr pickles beat me to it,,,arrgggg lol...... save the eggs save the eggs.....

Well hopefully someday there will be enough to go around! Haha I'm convinced the male doesnt have the hang of fertilizing yet so no eggs were left :(

Oh wow your fish are gorgeous! Congratulations on producing such great fish! I cant wait to see what all these guys produce! And look how CLEAN your tanks are!!! *jealous*

Oh wow your fish are gorgeous! Congratulations on producing such great fish! I cant wait to see what all these guys produce! And look how CLEAN your tanks are!!! *jealous*

thanks , lots of time and money.. but i love to do it so its all worth it to me.

Did any of those eggs make it? I was serious about coming and getting a pair, maybe four. I have never taken fish carryon before :)

Archived