Innovative Marine Aquariums

Llj's 8G... Can't have just one

lljdma06

Second attempt at a Yasha failed. I have a lid now, but it must have jumped either when I was doing maintenance or I have one very small gap for a power cord and it managed to find that stupid gap. I can't not have the power cord, otherwise I don't have circulation. So, either I give up on gobies or find one that's bigger than a Yasha. Maybe a yellow watchman? Or a Randall's? I'm just concerned that Tigger is now used to being alone. Advice would be great... I've read on all these gobies...

For now, Tigger is alone and making a mess... I had to rescape the tank again, he kept covering my favorite zoanthids and my paly with sand.

New layout, no corals in the sand bed. :)

8f7eecc6.jpg

85474f83.jpg

Video...

th_d7a3e9d3.jpg

I really made a mistake with the yasha/pistol pair and I'm hoping I can fix it in some way. Or at least make him a bit more comfortable.

I also am playing with blue lights... The camera doesn't do it justice. It's really garish!

0e1f2c5a.jpg

b97cc91a.jpg

c8f1c0e5.jpg

dfe8331b.jpg

How do you guys get the colors to show up on your camera? I can't seem to figure it out. I want to. It's so cool! One light is from Monochrome5, the other is an LED fixture that I bought, but I may try to use both fixtures that Monochrome5 sent me tonight and see how it looks.

Thanks for looking. :) If I can't find a suitable goby and Tigger must be alone, I think I'll just cut my losses and stock with a single Yellowtail blue damselfish.

L

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How do you guys get the colors to show up on your camera? I can't seem to figure it out. I want to. It's so cool! One light is from Monochrome5, the other is an LED fixture that I bought, but I may try to use both fixtures that Monochrome5 sent me tonight and see how it looks.

you need to set your white balance on custom setting, using a sample from your tank (there should be a little window thing that pops up for you to take the sample) Do that while your tank is under actinics only. point at something white like the sand and it will work.

you need to set your white balance on custom setting, using a sample from your tank (there should be a little window thing that pops up for you to take the sample) Do that while your tank is under actinics only. point at something white like the sand and it will work.

Sweet, thanks .Newman. I'll definitely try that again tonight. The colors are insane!

L

it all depends of course on whether your camera has that custom white balance setting in the first place... if it doesn't, just try to play with white balance pre-sets i guess...

it all depends of course on whether your camera has that custom white balance setting in the first place... if it doesn't, just try to play with white balance pre-sets i guess...

I think it's got a custom setting. :)

whats the hassle of a maxi? besides having it eat fish lol.

Hehehe, though I don't think a maxi could eat what I plan to put in there.

Was thinking an yellowtail blue damsel, but I'm thinking other things too, more controversial things. I may start a thread.

But...

It's time to make everybody's eyes bleed. I grabbed my Sony cyber shot and had fun with actinics... I'm still figuring out white balance, but these came out much better, still a bit purple and under-exposed, but I'm practicing.

fts

d9ebbe76.jpg

1137a61e.jpg

fe178d13.jpg

coral detail...

65a5967c.jpg

0c0e070e.jpg

f5aa0eb3.jpg

64b94bd3.jpg

78b2a5b0.jpg

Thanks for looking. :)

i can tell they're getting somewhat better. adjust your brightness level if you don't want them so dark/contrasty.

Yeah, that's the next step. But the green paly against the black/purple background is pretty cool.

or exposure level, i forget what its called.

One of them, I'll figure it out. But when I break for the Christmas holiday. Right now, I'm going to go into the final week of classes and then finals week, so more grading tests and whatnot. Leaves me very little time to do other than typical maintenance. :(

This was sort of my weekend of fun.

L

you are a teacher?

I'm an adjunct professor at two universities. I teach music history, sight singing & ear training, & applied voice lessons. Chronically over worked & under payed. :)

Don't listen, all teachers think they are underpaid. And have you seen all the tanks, corals and critters? llj must earn a fortune!

=0)

Don't listen, all teachers think they are underpaid. And have you seen all the tanks, corals and critters? llj must earn a fortune!

=0)

Oh! :lol: Nah, I just live in Miami, FL, where corals fall from the sky...

• 2 weeks later...

Just some random pictures... :)

My yumas

Orange and blues...

d4279346.jpg

76cb83aa.jpg

Pumpkin, I love this thing. I've named it Purty Flower

c9de531c.jpg

When I was getting mysis, I saw this frag at the LFS where I go. The owner likes to put crazy stuff together and making frags. She made my mushrooms in my 4g. Here's a crazy zoa frag she made. The colors are insane.

89766a32.jpg

I liked it, Haha, so she takes me to the back and lets me choose a little frag to take home. I love my LFS

52aec3db.jpg

That's it, nothing much. Just doing water changes. I'm doing one today. Pistol shrimp is still alive. Everybody's eating and doing well. Thanks for looking. That blue frag is perfect for you .Newman. :D

L

No idea but would be interesting to watch if it did. It's so large, that would be a major splitting.

I had a ricordea florida split already in my 36g, very cool. Now I have more. :D

I hope it splits, the split will still yield two sizeble rics

Archived