Pod Your Reef

problem solved humanely

joe yazz :D

my 3 chromis fish have been a problem for some time. they pick on my obese Mandarin. they steal food from my corals. they beat my kids savagely (joking). i am VERY ANTI killing. but i know when enough is enough.

during the night i caught 2 of those little monsters. put them in a bucket of saltwater (with a gallon of saltwater give or take) i had a broken alarm clock so i chopped the wire were it connects the alarm clock to the power outlet. i put the cut wire in the water and plugged it into outlet. i heard buzzing i left it on for 10 seconds and then i shut it off. the fish didn't even move it was so quick. DO NOT DO THIS AT HOME! i could have killed myself. but all and all it was the most humane way i have even seen to kill a fish. if you would like to bash me for killing fish i am fine. but im just saying i did it humanely, if i was a terrible trouble maker fish. i would want to die that way.

I'm sorry but people go fishing and kill fish everyday by the thousands. There's no way I'd risk my safetly for the sake of a fish. I have an even quicker way

..."here kitty, kitty, kitty" ;)

Captain Hook
my 3 chromis fish have been a problem for some time. they pick on my obese Mandarin. they steal food from my corals. they beat my kids savagely (joking). i am VERY ANTI killing. but i know when enough is enough.

during the night i caught 2 of those little monsters. put them in a bucket of saltwater (with a gallon of saltwater give or take) i had a broken alarm clock so i chopped the wire were it connects the alarm clock to the power outlet. i put the cut wire in the water and plugged it into outlet. i heard buzzing i left it on for 10 seconds and then i shut it off. the fish didn't even move it was so quick. DO NOT DO THIS AT HOME! i could have killed myself. but all and all it was the most humane way i have even seen to kill a fish. if you would like to bash me for killing fish i am fine. but im just saying i did it humanely, if i was a terrible trouble maker fish. i would want to die that way.

now comes the sadistically fun part of chopping them up and freezing em and recycle as food for corals and anemones lol or just flush em like you probably are planning. anytime something in my tank is a problem i kill it and use it as food... turning a negative into a positive through loss of life lol

I'm sorry but people go fishing and kill fish everyday by the thousands. There's no way I'd risk my safetly for the sake of a fish. I have an even quicker way

Hilarious! my dog eats my minnows when i go fishing lol

LOLOLOLOLOL i should have put this out there i did feed them to my cat :D

Could have taken them back to the LFS?

But if you really want to kill them humanely, use clove oil

i have seen that. its WAY too slow for me to watch... its like watching someone burn to death

i have seen that. its WAY too slow for me to watch... its like watching someone burn to death

it just puts them to sleep, it's also used as an anesthetic for fish, no pain

it just puts them to sleep, it's also used as an anesthetic for fish, no pain

COLD clove oil is one of the fav ways from fish owners. it is compared to lethal injection.

Builder Anthony

Not to many reefs out there maybe returning them is a better option.To get the one fish you bought without disease there are probally a few that died in the process of cacthing them so the lucky surivivors are now toast.

Most species at a young age cause troble.

ive heard putting them in the freezer where their metabolism slowly slows is the most humane way.

actually their cells burst, and I think their blood is messed up or something like that

Archived