Pod Your Reef

Woogie's 20L Juggy Reef

Woogalie

Awesome. I am seeing algae going away too but I know it's going into the bellies of my snails and hermits! LOL that and I am running Carbon and GFO until I can plumb this SUMP.

LOL I am going to Mod the MegaFlo I have and make it a fuge so I can run the chaeto.

I can't wait for the pica, and I am hoping to het the clowns this upcoming Wednesday, how are your two doing? Still eating GHA? LOL ;)

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man Alive! Sorry I have not gotten to respond to these great comments. Had a wild weekend with the girlfriend so hopefully you all understand :naughtydance: :naughtydance:

I just got my skimmer today!!! Gonna take some pics tonight ALSO pics of the Vortech MP10!!!

Thanks again all!

Peace!

Man Alive! Sorry I have not gotten to respond to these great comments. Had a wild weekend with the girlfriend so hopefully you all understand :naughtydance: :naughtydance:

I just got my skimmer today!!! Gonna take some pics tonight ALSO pics of the Vortech MP10!!!

Thanks again all!

Peace!

LOL! ;)

Thanks again all!

Peace!

Oh my goodness - hopefully she lives up to your avatar!

Can you post more about your lighting setup?

Yes, tonight I can take some shots of the lighting setup for you and post them tomorrow.

Im actually gonna be working on a big update today. I have 20 pictures to post of new equipment and corals.

Pics are still being taken with a camera phone so please bare with me until I can find a decent camera.

Haha, I only do that when it's like the last 5 posts. I'll help you get to 7 B)

What kind of forum appropriate craziness did you get into? :naughtydance:

Haha, I only do that when it's like the last 5 posts. I'll help you get to 5 B)

What kind of forum appropriate craziness did you get into? :naughtydance:

haha, Yeah I got a HUGE update to post! Its very long

Yeah you said it was like 20 pictures?

When I'm done getting off from being withholding and show everyone what I've been working on it's going to be a huge picture dump.

Sweet, I'm pretty excited to see what your SPS growth has been like.

Also, I have 3 confirmed Yuma babies, the 4th sucked into one of the others the last second. I'll chip one off when I transfer my LR over and set it aside. Once it's got some size and I think it will make the trip we'll exchange some PMs and I'll get it to you B)

Sweet, I'm pretty excited to see what your SPS growth has been like.

Also, I have 3 confirmed Yuma babies, the 4th sucked into one of the others the last second. I'll chip one off when I transfer my LR over and set it aside. Once it's got some size and I think it will make the trip we'll exchange some PMs and I'll get it to you B)

Im def down to swap shipping on some frags. Sounds fun man!

Ive never had SPS before so its exciting to see them grow. The pictures don't do justice but I have been using certain spots or rocks that are in "line of sight" to judge growth. Its been sweet man!!

Good news on the Yuma Babies. I have a ricordia I need to get a pic of for you

That's how I judge the growth too.

What kind of ric is it? And I mean, you have an update in just a few shorts posts... No better time to post a riccordea picture. :lol:

Anddddd now I have to go back to work :angry: I got you close to 7 now someone else take the torch!

That's how I judge the growth too.

What kind of ric is it? And I mean, you have an update in just a few shorts posts... No better time to post a riccordea picture. :lol:

Anddddd now I have to go back to work :angry: I got you close to 7 now someone else take the torch!

Couldnt get a nice pic of the ric. I am in dire need of a camera. hehe Lets see if this post hits page 7

Bah!!! Update coming soon

BIGGY JUGGY UPDATE

Hello Nano-Reefers!!! A lot has happened since my last real update.

I give you FTS

(Again sorry for the camera-phone pics)

10-5-11FTS.jpg

10-5-11vortechside.jpg

10-5-11nettop.jpg

10-5-11sumpFTS.jpg

My Sump is pretty much done for now. All of my power outlets are rigged up, Vortech driver installed, skimmer bombin, and my chaeto is devouring. I guess the next thing I will attempt to add is a Kalkwasser juggy for some drip drip.

10-5-11skimmerinsump.jpg

Sideview of intake section

10-5-11sideviewskimmer.jpg

Look at all this hair algae in my bubble trap. It is slowly dying back

10-5-11bubbletrapalgae-1.jpg

Hair algae growing out of my bubble trap and into my fuge

I used to have to remove by hand weekly to prevent shading my chaeto

10-5-11bubbletrapalgae.jpg

10-5-11topviewintakefuge.jpg

10-5-11massivechaeto.jpg

In my previous updates my chaeto was the size of a baseball. It has grown into a small bowling ball now and I have it spinning and rolling like the huge boulder from Indiana Jones.... The pods love it

omg this snail is escaping!

10-5-11snailescape.jpg

My Vortech MP10 driver. Can you dig it BRAH?? I love it on Reef Crest mode at max power

10-5-11vortechdriver.jpg

CORALS

Although I only have 1 par38 bulb shinning down on my tank, my corals have grown and look extremely healthy! The Montipora Cap has encrusted onto the rock and is creeping along. My green slimer is forming it's first branch also. I'm very happy with the growth and colors of my corals but unhappy with my picture quality - So sorry everyone

I cannot wait to see a growth spurt when I add 2 more Par38s.

Montipora Cap

10-5-11montiporacap.jpg

Orange Monti Digitata and the red Monti down below - Swazi had to get in the pic

10-5-11montidigitata.jpg

Green Slimer and Acropora Efflorescence - You can see the branch starting on the slimer and that's Sylvia giving you some attitude

10-5-11coral1.jpg

Green Birdsnest - Also notice my hair algae is white now and the pods are munching on it

10-5-11birdsnestandhairalgae.jpg

Snails hanging out with Melvin the Toxic Avenger (Bummed about the crap pic)

10-5-11nuclearsnails.jpg

Side shot just for fun - You can sort of see Fred the fondling shrimp having a time with the clowns

10-5-11sidetankshot.jpg

I feed my clowns a small cichlid pellet and I mix it up with frozen brine shrimp every couple of days

Will look into getting a decent camera. Until then enjoy the update and the juggys

Looks great!

Thanks got the clowns they are Misbars! Will post pics after they are done acclimating.

Nice! Will be watching your thread.

He posted a pic of her earlier, I believe she was a brunette? But yes she does. LOL ;)

Where is it? I couldn't find the pic!

Archived