Coral Vue Hydros

Woogie's 20L Juggy Reef

Woogalie

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
you are using the suction cups for the pump?

Yup, its sitting on its little suction legs. I was thinking of the noise last night and was listening for it but did not really notice it at all.

Seems like the noise may be in my head. Sometimes I notice, sometimes not.

ALSO, I may be getting the reef octopus skimmer this weekend! woot

this build is looking good!!!!

Love the new scape..... I need to find some of that rock when I start my drilled 29.

Using your sump as a model for mine if you dont mind.

this build is looking good!!!!

Love the new scape..... I need to find some of that rock when I start my drilled 29.

Using your sump as a model for mine if you dont mind.

Thank you much! The sump is working perfect! I'll be watching when you build yours. Are you starting soon?

Paleoreef103

Looks good. I actually liked the first scape a bit better. Which octopus are you going with? P.S. Love the Shae Marks centerfold in the stand.

Looks good. I actually liked the first scape a bit better. Which octopus are you going with? P.S. Love the Shae Marks centerfold in the stand.

Im gonna go with the Reef Octopus 4.

Good eye too! That is Shae Marks, haha

Very nice and detailed thread woogalie. So are you happy with the hydor return pump? I was thinking of getting a tunze silence for my setup.

Very nice and detailed thread woogalie. So are you happy with the hydor return pump? I was thinking of getting a tunze silence for my setup.

Thanks Chipie!

I am happy with it but I also don't have anything to compare it to. So I have been wondering ever since Monday night when my ears were focusing on the buzzing sound If it was more noise than normal.

I am happy though. Sometimes I hear it sometimes I dont. Im not gonna look for a replacement.

But Chipie... the flow adjustment dial on my Hydor is worthless...

Thanks Chipie!

I am happy with it but I also don't have anything to compare it to. So I have been wondering every since Monday night when my ears were focusing on the buzzing sound If it was more noise than normal.

I am happy though. Sometimes I hear it sometimes I dont. Im not gonna look for a replacement.

But Chipie... the flow adjustment dial on my Hydor is worthless...

Hum... it doesn't work at all ? You could always put a T and a valve on your return if you think the flow is too strong. It would allow the use of a reactor with the excess flow. That's what i'm going to do.

Changed the scape just a pinch!

I did a lil work on the scape. I wanted to have more open water and room for corals.

This is how im gonna keeps it I think. Keeps it on the real nah mean? :bling:

FTS Aug 26

FTSaug26.jpg

AngleFTSaug26.jpg

sandislandaug26.jpg

closeupofrockaug26.jpg

Love the scape

Rabidgerbil38

Go with the 110 or 4 or whatever there calling it nowadays. I got one for my 25 and it got bored because there was nothing to skim, so I went ULNS and it still gets bored :lol:

petkingdom619

Those lights look great. Only looked at the beginning of the thread a little . What are those where did you get them, and so forth? Im just getting back into tanks and was looking for good lighting

Those lights look great. Only looked at the beginning of the thread a little . What are those where did you get them, and so forth? Im just getting back into tanks and was looking for good lighting

Thanks!

The light is a Evilc66 Par38 screwed into a lamp fixture I took from the living room.

I got the 20k version and I plan to get 2 more 20ks as well. I like the shimmer effect it gives the scape

Gonna try to shoot a video soon. Hopefully I can get some good footy.

Go with the 110 or 4 or whatever there calling it nowadays. I got one for my 25 and it got bored because there was nothing to skim, so I went ULNS and it still gets bored

Thats exactly what I want! Im pretty sold on it.

A Pair of Clownfish

The girlfriend decided to buy a pair of black and white clownfish.

We have named them Sylvia Haze and Swazi

Bossy Sylvia is on the right

SylviaHazeandSwazi.jpg

Also got some corals! Could not beat the $5 Zoas and $15 SPS Frags.

Orange skirts with yellow eyes

Orangeyellowzoos.jpg

Dragon Eyes? Intense green under my 20k LED and the eyes around the mouth are a fuller green in person

Dragoneyezoos.jpg

Green Slimer Acro

Greenslimer.jpg

The girlfriend also got a green birdsnest, some pink/purple zoas and the LFS tossed in some pretty purple zoas and new chaeto for free!

I bought some coral dip and Chemipure Elite as well.

More updates coming soon, I did a lot of work on the electrical stuff inside the stand AND built a custom mesh cover to keep our new clowns safe.

PEACE!

Looks great, those are the same clowns I want I love the way they look with the brighter colors in the background.

I am going to use your sump design if you don't mind, I think a 20L would be perfect for under my tank and leave room for storage in the stand.

And I think those are dragon eye zoas but either way their awesome.

Re the pump: have you checked to see if the pump is right against the glass in your sump? that could cause the noise, the vibrations on the walls of the sump/baffle.

I love the setup, and the new scape! Need a FTS with the fish in it.

Thanks guys!

I do love the clowns so much! They are a bit shy still so they stay in the left corner of my tank next to the overflow box near a rock. When I sit on the side of the tank and hang with them, Sylvia pushes Swazi out into the open water as if she is saying "Go see what he wants or if he has food!".

I did check to see if the pump was too close to the wall. Its about .75 to an inch away... :o Close but not close enough to buzz... I actually didn't even hear it last night! comes and goes....

This sump design has been working perfectly for me and I encourage you to copy it! Any questions just ask.

Thanks again all.

• 3 weeks later...
Any updates on this beast? B)

hehe, this coming weekend i'll do a new update. Since the last one, I got some 4 SPS, a few zoas, and 2 mushrooms... Will show pics.

My chaeto has grown like crazy. Doesn't even spin anymore.

Also I need to document the netting cover I made to protect my clownfish.

Best thing that's been happening is algae is disappearing in the display rapidly. Just a bit of hair algae that the Chaeto is robbing nutrients from and the pods I have are climbing up the stalks and eating the lil hairs and eventually killing the hair algae. Its been cool to watch

Also JoelRHale, we should def ship/swap some corals in the future :bling:

Thanks for looking everyone

Archived