SaltCritters.com

Tanked!

wartskin

Thank you for your thoughts. I'm going to go pour tap water in a bucket along with some dechlorinater from the grocery store's pet isle. I will be sure to add the salt EXTRA slow, and I'll make sure the tap water has added fluoride.

I mean realistically if you look back for the past however many years since this hobby has started people were using tap in FO, FOWLR and even reefs. Not saying I condone this, but it's entirely possible. Also, what other stores do these people know about to get stuff for fish? LFS? Yeah right, it's a daytime show for people who want to learn stuff towards making a room look better and such. It's not about teaching wannabe armchair biologists how to start up a reef tank. His projection of costs could have even been inflated to make sure people didn't start doing it on their own because the start up costs are too high. Basically it comes down to looking at the market of people he is speaking too, just like any speech, and noticing the dumbing down he does for them.

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watching tanked the only thing worth watching is the red head on a swimsuit.

Why are they arguing over a $100 phone booth when they charge thousands for aquariums.

Swamp People is way more interesting.

They're like "letz keel dem dur varmit gater with dem dur shot gun" and then they shoot the alligator on camera. :(

Another good episode... just don't like the idea of a tank on hydraulics so many things can go wrong with that...definatly like the fish feeder

They're like "letz keel dem dur varmit gater with dem dur shot gun" and then they shoot the alligator on camera. :(

It's not an alligator. It's a laligata!

It's not an alligator. It's a laligata!

Also not a shot gun it's a rifle so the lead can come back and hit you in/near the eye. But I would prefer River Monsters over any animal planet weekly show.

Now that I've seen the show, I can legitimately complain.

First of all, I think Brett is a jerk. His brother bought him new shoes and he wouldn't accept the gift because he thought his brother was tricking him. I can see how he would SCREAM AT PEOPLE and CAPITALIZE random WORDS on that reefbuilders.

Secondly, I think Brett has some sort of illness. He stuck both of his hand in a tanks and started squeezing a puffer and rubbing it whilst laughing about the fish feeling like rubber. He bought the stupid phone booth without consulting the client. He was lucky he got away with that.

Third, I think it's really stupid how they have such little respect for the animals they work with. It's like "Oh no, the water is 90 degrees. Let's put ice cubes in it. I bet the fish will like the dechlorinater and freshly mixed saltwater." They didn't seem to care about cycling it enough to mention it on the show. I agree, it is entertainment, and some parts were entertaining, but you have to know nothing about fish to enjoy the show's stupidity.

That's all.

Now that I've seen the show, I can legitimately complain.

First of all, I think Brett is a jerk. His brother bought him new shoes and he wouldn't accept the gift because he thought his brother was tricking him. I can see how he would SCREAM AT PEOPLE and CAPITALIZE random WORDS on that reefbuilders.

Secondly, I think Brett has some sort of illness. He stuck both of his hand in a tanks and started squeezing a puffer and rubbing it whilst laughing about the fish feeling like rubber. He bought the stupid phone booth without consulting the client. He was lucky he got away with that.

Third, I think it's really stupid how they have such little respect for the animals they work with. It's like "Oh no, the water is 90 degrees. Let's put ice cubes in it. I bet the fish will like the dechlorinater and freshly mixed saltwater." They didn't seem to care about cycling it enough to mention it on the show. I agree, it is entertainment, and some parts were entertaining, but you have to know nothing about fish to enjoy the show's stupidity.

That's all.

Thanks fod the ammo! This mofo sucks donkey schlong. They have no respect for living things and should be poked, prodded and harassed the same as those poor fish. Nevermind the over stocked uncycled tank the show.

How can they show someone grabbing fish and saying it feels like rubber on Animal Planet? You know the ASPCA commercial capital of channels.

How can they show someone grabbing fish and saying it feels like rubber on Animal Planet? You know the ASPCA commercial capital of channels.

Because they get money from it. The hate just makes it more popular. The hate got me to watch. <_<

Because they get money from it. The hate just makes it more popular. The hate got me to watch. <_<

Like Whale Wars, I hate those guys. I just watch Tanked through the reviewers eyes because I'm not going to waste my time watching something like that. I feel like after awhile the ASPCA fans will try and get it shut down because if they are about humanizing animals then technically this would be borderline torture in their eyes. Just adding kindling to the already burning fire.

It was so scripted... None of it felt natural.

They should have an after 6 months shot of the tanks. Probably broken down and packed away by then.

From the reefbuilders link earlier.

IF YOU EVER WANT TO TALK TO ME DIRECT I CAN ALWAYS BE REACHED AT 702-387-2016 OR BRETT@ACRYLICAQUARIUMS.COM..

I think everyone should call him non stop and ##### about him molesting fish instead of his wife. Obviously he treats them the same as his wife treats the family horse during 'play time'.

Like Whale Wars, I hate those guys. I just watch Tanked through the reviewers eyes because I'm not going to waste my time watching something like that. I feel like after awhile the ASPCA fans will try and get it shut down because if they are about humanizing animals then technically this would be borderline torture in their eyes. Just adding kindling to the already burning fire.

WHAT THE HECK DUDE! I LOVE WHALE WARS! :angry:

From the reefbuilders link earlier.

IF YOU EVER WANT TO TALK TO ME DIRECT I CAN ALWAYS BE REACHED AT 702-387-2016 OR BRETT@ACRYLICAQUARIUMS.COM..

I think everyone should call him non stop and ##### about him molesting fish instead of his wife. Obviously he treats them the same as his wife treats the family horse during 'play time'.

:o

CELEBRITY PRANK CALL!! :happy:

"Hi, my name is Jessica Warner and I would like to buy a fish tank themed with human body parts. I want a red light to make the water look like blood. Is that possible?"

the wife on the shark tank was pretty HOT...... :naughtydance:

4'11

i like the show for what it is, cool tanks, nice fish, an the fact that have been doing it for over ten years there doing something right...

I think its the producers that are making it look like these tanks are being set up over night... with icecubes lmao. Hope they give us one episode that shows the real art of fishkeeping. not just the throwing thousands out to make a nice system.

i like the show for what it is, cool tanks, nice fish, an the fact that have been doing it for over ten years there doing something right...

There is nothing right about throwing that many fish in a new tank at once. Especially when that tang has all of that ich on it.

I think many don't realize that many of these people do not maintain their own tanks. They pay someone to do it. They think in cubic dollars, they don't care about cost, just get it done, and get it done NOW. Treat the whole tank for ich, who cares. Lose an $80 fish, so what, replace it with 3 and see which survives. Money isn't an object in these tanks. Think about this, they FLEW from Vegas to L.A. to hand pick their fish in each episode, then had the fish shipped to them. Tanks to these people are living art, and money is no object, it's not a hobby.

As for the wife and the sharks, there is almost no chance you would have gotten me in there, especially on TV. Who the heck decided to add the fish first? The customer, and they went along with it. They knew the sharks were there and knew it would be a problem, they just didn't care about the consequences, just get it done and get that money. Worry about the rest later.

I like watching Whale Wars, it's like a bad train wreck, but I hate the idea that by watching it, I am helping the captain do what he does. He is just plain manipulative and wreckless, I'm honestly amazed no one has died yet. It's easy to see why he was kicked out of Greenpeace. Willing to die for whales is fine, but there is no reason to put lives at risk for no reason, which he tends to do quite often. I don't like the hunt, but at the same time I don't blame the Japanese for being angry. Like I said, it's like a bad train wreck.

I think many don't realize that many of these people do not maintain their own tanks. They pay someone to do it. They think in cubic dollars, they don't care about cost, just get it done, and get it done NOW. Treat the whole tank for ich, who cares. Lose an $80 fish, so what, replace it with 3 and see which survives. Money isn't an object in these tanks. Think about this, they FLEW from Vegas to L.A. to hand pick their fish in each episode, then had the fish shipped to them. Tanks to these people are living art, and money is no object, it's not a hobby.

As for the wife and the sharks, there is almost no chance you would have gotten me in there, especially on TV. Who the heck decided to add the fish first? The customer, and they went along with it. They knew the sharks were there and knew it would be a problem, they just didn't care about the consequences, just get it done and get that money. Worry about the rest later.

I like watching Whale Wars, it's like a bad train wreck, but I hate the idea that by watching it, I am helping the captain do what he does. He is just plain manipulative and wreckless, I'm honestly amazed no one has died yet. It's easy to see why he was kicked out of Greenpeace. Willing to die for whales is fine, but there is no reason to put lives at risk for no reason, which he tends to do quite often. I don't like the hunt, but at the same time I don't blame the Japanese for being angry. Like I said, it's like a bad train wreck.

I DISGREE they do care about the animals they put in the tanks, if that was the case why would they fly out to hand pick these fish? they could order from a catalog or online, i think most people dont know how tv works an the process of editing, the day to day care is done by the owner of the tanks, but like you said the maintance is done by some else. we dont know how old or how new these tanks are, this whole series could have been filmed for the last three years we dont know... jmo

Peehee, I love it on Whale Wars when the Japanese ships play their recording of the captain saying "Warning! This is Nishan Maru captain. Please don't come near our ship. We will attack you."

The theme song is awesome too. The world is a vampire, dodododo dooo, sent to jaaaaaane, sent to destroy us, hold us up to the flames, and what do I get, for all my paaaiiiin, DOdodododoDOO DESPITE OF MY RAGE I'M ANGRY AND I'M GONNA KILL YOUR FFAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!!!!

Archived