At least our joke's were in context....

...and, had taste. :mellow:

Zing! :lol:

Silly Pisano, is no joke. Who teen now?

Now who's goin' nowhere....

At least our joke's were in context....

...and, had taste. :mellow:

Zing! :lol:

All I see is two separate shots put together. You need to realize that there is weeks of footage put together to make 47 mins of TV. Is the water really coming out of the tap into the tank? You can't prove that. I do know they usually bring their own water, or bring in their own RO system.

And even if they didn't most freaked out by scene because the producers edited it to make it seem like they put hot tap water in, and after cooling it with ice they put the fish in the same night.

You are correct. ATM doesn't produce or edit the show.

You're not paying attention to the fact of editing. How do you know that that water really was coming out of the hotel?

Dude, we're both on the same page, there's no point in going back and forth about it. I was merely miffed at the fact that you accused me of not paying attention. Fact is that I had merely stated what was shown on the show which clearly shows that I was paying attention, fancy editing or not. I took it at face value, I don't need to waste my time analyzing reality TV shows.

And no, I cannot prove the water going into the tank was coming from the water line you saw them hook the hose up to. In the same way you cannot prove that the water was being pumped in from a truck even with sideline info you have about OTHER TIMES. If you and Brett talked about that build/install specifically and he told you that they pumped the water in off a truck, that's a different story.

Yes, I know that these shows aren't done in the course of one day. If I was that dumb I would be thinking oh wow, they put together two tanks on different sides of the country in less than an hour. Give me some credit man.

Also, your second statement didn't make a lick of sense, I think your auto-correct or what have you mangled it.

I wonder is the zoo keepers get PO'ed when kids call the lions Simba? What is so wrong about having a character named after something we all love? I think its funny every time someone says they don't want clowns because they are to common now. they remind me of people who only liked a band because it was under ground. Clowns are so popular because they are beautiful, and embody the symbiosis of the reef.

Wet_Fretboards
I wonder is the zoo keepers get PO'ed when kids call the lions Simba? What is so wrong about having a character named after something we all love? I think its funny every time someone says they don't want clowns because they are to common now. they remind me of people who only liked a band because it was under ground. Clowns are so popular because they are beautiful, and embody the symbiosis of the reef.

We need a "like" button...

HecticDialectics

Plus you gotta realize clowns are only popular and common on reef forums. In the real world, where exactly zero of my friends have reef tanks, clowns still reign supreme. Every tank I ever have will have a clownfish, imo. Quite simply one of the best reef fish you can buy. What are your other options? An ugly ####ing goby? lolol!

Plus you gotta realize clowns are only popular and common on reef forums. In the real world, where exactly zero of my friends have reef tanks, clowns still reign supreme. Every tank I ever have will have a clownfish, imo. Quite simply one of the best reef fish you can buy. What are your other options? An ugly ####ing goby? lolol!

Cliche or not, I am with you on the always having a clown of some sort.

I wonder is the zoo keepers get PO'ed when kids call the lions Simba?

I know I wanna kill everyone that call's St. Bernard's, "Beethoven".

I'm also militantly against the use Of "Timon" and "Poomba", to reference their perspective animals.

I also think we should rise up, against the oppression that is SWIPER THE FOX.

No longer shall we assume that fox's steal things, and that warthog's eat bug's,

and that large-breed dog's slobber!!!!

VIVA LA REVOLUCION!!!!!!!!!!!!! omgomgomg

:mellow:

----------------

This is a REAAAAAAALLY stupid argument, but it's fun!!!!

I know I wanna kill everyone that call's St. Bernard's, "Beethoven".

I'm also militantly against the use Of "Timon" and "Poomba", to reference their perspective animals.

I also think we should rise up, against the oppression that is SWIPER THE FOX.

No longer shall we assume that fox's steal things, and that warthog's eat bug's,

and that large-breed dog's slobber!!!!

VIVA LA REVOLUCION!!!!!!!!!!!!! omgomgomg

:mellow:

----------------

This is a REAAAAAAALLY stupid argument, but it's fun!!!!

You forgot Thumper from bambie and the laughing hyenas from the Lion King (coming out in 3D) this all started with the damn little mermaid!! however, i'm still trying to find a Snork to put in my tank...

p.s. i forgot what we're arguing about but it's funny

Oh dammit...

I totally forgot about my stance on The Smurf's....

I think tthey should be listed as endangered.

Mainly due to the fact that, they only have 2 females left... and, ONE IS A BABY!

W/ potential breeding appearing so grim, we REALLY need to do something about that damn Gargamell.

Effin' poacher's....

Interesting discussion :happy: You have a point - why does it bother me? Upon reflection, I suppose the following:

They are not Nemos; they're clownfish, and that should be *hopefully* easy to understand. If the kids/parents don't even know what it is they're buying, they won't be able to take care of it - plain and simple. That and...the repetition gets a little annoying. :P It's similar to how people get annoyed by the term "False Percula" (which is understandable).

There's nothing wrong with wanting something unique. At all. I don't look down on people who listen to under ground bands - I look down on those who stop liking them because when they become popular (if they truly stay the same). I run a small online jewelry shop where I sell rings in precious metals, and I can honestly tell you that *most* people who order do not want one of my "generic" rings available. They want something that sets them apart from everyone else, be it a fancy (colored) diamond or uncommon metal. I suppose it gives them sort of an identity or at least makes them feel special. That's a bit of the reason why I also think Picasso Clownfish and Snowflake Clownfish are so popular - no two are the same.

Not ratting on clownfish - I think they're adorable, hardy, and have an excellent personality - but I think there are better fish out there. Clownfish are still damselfish - they are not always so welcoming to new additions and, when they're kept in spawning mated pairs, they can carve out a huge territory. Additionally, they can grow very large, especially for the sizes of tanks they are put in. True - once they start hosting, they don't always move a lot. But regardless, they still have a high bioload and just seem out of place (to me) in a nano tank. Despite being generally "bulletproof," they also have a downfall: Brooklynella. There are plenty of other options, some commonly available, that make just as good aquarium candidates IMO.

That's just my take on clownfish...no offense intended :happy:

Archived