Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Tanked!

wartskin

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lol you're telling me to lighten up about a TV show, but your up and arms about their husbandry practice? P

If you've reached the conclusion that I'm "up and arms" about anything, you're not reading my posts very carefully.

The only thing that gets me more upset than Tanked is every other problem in the world. ;)

I really don't think they will be skating on it that much, it's a show piece. If they do it's 2" thick that is literally bullet proof. Meaning I don't see a lot of vibration going into the tank.

I missed this the first time I read the thread. Acrylic is a great conductor of vibrations. When I am diving in a tank I can feel people's fists pounding through 8" of acrylic. But I don't think it's really a big deal if they skate on a tank now and then. People are going to tap on tanks in public places and fish don't seem to be too bothered by it.

If I was the owner I'd be concerned about how scratched up that surface would get. I'd want a thin piece of sacrificial acrylic laid over the actual tank that could be replaced periodically. Maybe they put one there but it's hard to tell.

I missed this the first time I read the thread. Acrylic is a great conductor of vibrations. When I am diving in a tank I can feel people's fists pounding through 8" of acrylic. But I don't think it's really a big deal if they skate on a tank now and then. People are going to tap on tanks in public places and fish don't seem to be too bothered by it.

If I was the owner I'd be concerned about how scratched up that surface would get. I'd want a thin piece of sacrificial acrylic laid over the actual tank that could be replaced periodically. Maybe they put one there but it's hard to tell.

That was what I was worried about.

I hear they pee in the tank to start a cycle

Now you are just looking like an idiot. You stood up for the guy. Said he was a good guy and blah blah blah. Leave it at that and stop making yourself look stupid.

Yes they don't treat the animals with the utmost respect. But that isn't what this show is about unfortunately. I myself like to see the process of building the tanks and the imagination that goes into them. I don't watch the show to learn anything. Just to see some pretty damn cool tanks. Thats it. If you like it for what it is then watch and enjoy. If you don't then stop #####ing about it and don't watch the show.

Wet_Fretboards
What does the tank being for sale have to do with the show?

Oh, I don't know. What does this thread have to do with nano-reef.com?

You're a douchebag...

Oh, I don't know. What does this thread have to do with nano-reef.com?

You're a douchebag...

Lol :P

Um its a saltwater forum, and the show is about saltwater?? I dunno you tell me h8er

Wet_Fretboards

Um its a saltwater forum, and the show is about saltwater?? I dunno you tell me h8er

Well obviously you're also a child... (speaking in license plate)

The tank was built on the damned show, so I'd say it has a lot to do with the show...

And, you're right. You dunno. You answered the question wrong...

Now you are just looking like an idiot. You stood up for the guy. Said he was a good guy and blah blah blah. Leave it at that and stop making yourself look stupid.

Yes they don't treat the animals with the utmost respect. But that isn't what this show is about unfortunately. I myself like to see the process of building the tanks and the imagination that goes into them. I don't watch the show to learn anything. Just to see some pretty damn cool tanks. Thats it. If you like it for what it is then watch and enjoy. If you don't then stop #####ing about it and don't watch the show.

lern2sarkazmeddie

Oh, I guess I should have read further down before responding....

This here be the General Forums. Anymore of this name calling/douchbaggery will result in some bannings.

That's for everyone. This wasn't directed at anyone in particular. The lern2sarkazm was only directed at Eddie.

Wet_Fretboards
What does the tank being for sale have to do with the show?

What does me being a child have to do with anything......explain your thoughts as to why the "damned" tank is up for sale

:lol:

Wow....

I give up.

You win, fartknocker.

lame.gif

lern2sarkazmeddie

Oh, I guess I should have read further down before responding....

This here be the General Forums. Anymore of this name calling/douchbaggery will result in some bannings.

That's for everyone. This wasn't directed at anyone in particular. The lern2sarkazm was only directed at Eddie.

I think he ment you

wow I won! Sweet!

I don't mind a good debate but I guess you don't have the time

You're taking this internet thing a little too serious

You're taking this internet thing a little too serious

No Stevie..... This is serious.

Internet - Gangsta - Serious!

I found nano-reef because I wanted a clown fish but didn't want a big tank. I loved Finding Nemo.

How do y'all like them apples?

I do like me some apples....

Like this:

apple_hollerpeanuts2sharpeneddsc_0234.jpg

So now, I ask you HD.... How do you like THEM apples!? :mellow:

Archived