ReefCleaners.org

Brand New Custom Built Pico/Nano Tanks

TinyGiant

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just finished measuring them :)

LxWxH

16.25x4.24x6 (the tallest one) (1.5 Gallons)

20.5x3.5x3.5 is the longest skinny one. (0.8 gallons)

13.5x3.5x3.5 short skinny (0.6 Gallons)

14.5x7.75x4 is the wide shallow one. (my favorite one) (1.6 Gallons)

just want to say nice work!!! If i did not just pick up a DSA NEO NANO i would be all over the wide shallow tank. But looks great keep up the good work!!

i guess i could take pictures of the seams.

i cut the acrylic with a table saw with a very fine toothed blade then sanded them smooth to ensure a good seam. I also leak tested them all for a day and didnt encounter any leaks :)

the seams are all sealed. some are lined up better than others (the shallow box came out best) but they hold water :)

I'll grab the brand name tomorrow

how big?

These tanks were my first sort of to get a feel for the process. I'll have to look into finding the acrylic in sheets locally to get an idea on pricing and such for other builds.

if i can sell these i will probably build some more and invest in more acrylic

28g nano noob
how big?

These tanks were my first sort of to get a feel for the process. I'll have to look into finding the acrylic in sheets locally to get an idea on pricing and such for other builds.

if i can sell these i will probably build some more and invest in more acrylic

i want like a 5 gallon cube maby and 8 gallon cube and id put in a false wall make an aio id build it my self but ive never used acrylic befor

Shipping to 32771 FL ? prolly the 1.6 gallon one or the biggest one you got

$18 should cover the shipping/paypal/packing

lmk and i'll pm you the paypal address :)

built the egg crate racks for them :)

My original purpose for making these was to sell to people at frag swaps we have every month. they make awesome little tanks to display frag plugs at meetings :) I figured i would chop up the egg crate i had and drop the stand offs in the tanks so you can see what my idea was :)

IMG_20110821_144214.jpg

IMG_20110821_144224.jpg

IMG_20110821_144236.jpg

looks good man, for your next batch you might want to consider making AIO's to add some filtration since they're not drilled. Or just drill them :lol: GLWS!

thanks man.

like i said my original intent was actually to use a frag swap displays not pico/nanos.

i do have some other acrylics in the shed i might mess with to make some more tanks.

I have some really thin stuff i might try working with too.

another idea i had was to drill both sides and have a 5 gallon bucket sump. hook the hose to one side and have it drain back from the other. that way you have extra water for people and can rock a heater in the 5gal if need be.

Archived