SaltCritters.com

ID Me!

pmoradi2002

Bongo Shrimp
Sure Mac OS is a great operating system but it doesn't give you the versatility that a windows or Unix based PC can.

I hate getting deep into the arguments about which is better cause there are good and bad qualities to both. However I have to say, what could possibly be more versatile than a really stable OS that can simultaneously run another OS (windows)? If you say windows is versatile itself, OS X can only be that much more versatile.

:P

bobmonkey11

to get back to the topic, dont concern yourself with names, thats just a hype that was started on these forums so people could jack up prices....

Rabidgerbil38

To the OP, nice chalices. As for names, just make some up :lol:

I can see your quite the graphic artist judging by your signature. And ya of course they use pcs, im just saying anyone who hates on mac's is usually a gaming nerd.

LOL I'd rather do graphic's work on a PC any day. I get way more choices of graphics cards for 3D rendering and don't have to pay $1k+ to get it. If your talking 2D then you really have no reason to prefer one over the other except for the price factor.

Macs are more simple, which means just that. You don't have the power to do as much in the way of modifying your setup to fit your needs. They just prepackage and ship you the same generic thing over an over again. Sure its decent quality, but I can do the same for way less money with a PC

As for the versatility of operating systems, you can always boot OS whatever you want as long as you got the proper hardware. Me and my buddy do this all the time so we can use logic to do music production which so far is the only reason I've got to use apple software.

pmoradi2002
I can see your quite the graphic artist judging by your signature.

Don't hate on him, he's pro ;)

If Apple wasn't behind in technology when new products came out, then maybe it would be worth it.

Also the fact that they are over priced so hard is retarded.

People that pay for the over priced technologically behind crap only for a logo of an apple are even more retarded.

Well obviously chalices but any names?

I think they're Andy, Billy and Dweezil, good friends of Bob the zoa.

And I'm one for macs as well. For me it's the sleek design, innovation of user friendliness far beyond microsoft (how many MS engineers does it take to change a lightbulb? - None. They wait for a year and make darkness a new default). and seamless integration between my 2 mac minis, 2 iphones, time capsule, mobileme...... And as for products being technically outdated at release already is just absurd to me. My old mac mini (core duo 1.83GHz) came with OSX Tiger and has been updated to both Leopard and Snow Leopard with system not slowing down at all. I'd like to see any off-the-box PC with XP installed with both vista and 7 and remain efficient as the day it was purchased... :lol:

Rabidgerbil38

Having trouble booting 64 bit is not really an issue related to processor speeds, it's the RAM that gets you. If you spend the $40 For a couple 2 gig sticks you can boot anything on your PC.

Seamless integration is a valid point though, the problem is you'll never get a good selection of choices for your peripheral devices when big brothers got a lock on what is and is not acceptable.

The lightbulb comment is the exact reason why I hate my iPhone and would trade it away if given the chance. Though service contracts keep me from being free of soundless YouTube, faulty app updates that ruin my folder organization or just can't seem to connect, a broken iTunes store and some ghost periferal that is not sanctioned by apple.. Most of those issues have been a problem ever since OS 4 which apple has yet to comment on..

Its looking very dark in here.

I hate getting deep into the arguments about which is better cause there are good and bad qualities to both. However I have to say, what could possibly be more versatile than a really stable OS that can simultaneously run another OS (windows)? If you say windows is versatile itself, OS X can only be that much more versatile.

:P

I think the argument should of ended after this post...

Anyways I don't even care I have both PC and Mac at home, they're good for different purposes. But I also have Windows on my Mac book pro... But it is smart to run a server on a PC, which is what I do.

Archived