• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• peacemaker

• JoelRHale

• Paolissimo

• rok3535

That's true, if you go with GSP it will be like 2 months before you'll be trimming. Mine has double in size in 2 months and the two smaller frags I cut doubled in a month. How have you thought about handling the trimming? Just xacto knife around the edge?

That's true, if you go with GSP it will be like 2 months before you'll be trimming. Mine has double in size in 2 months and the two smaller frags I cut doubled in a month. How have you thought about handling the trimming? Just xacto knife around the edge?

Yup, down to the purple matting. The uniformity is hard to control though...

What size piping did you use for the burrow?

It should be slightly less than 1.5" dia.

I like the statue alot.Now all you need is some pictures of all those hot office chicks.

I wished... I'm surrounded by men... :rolleyes:

Where did you get your sand dollar?

I got it from a LFS, but my LFS would mean your IFS (I = International). :D

How do you like the Sand Dollar? I heard that they are hard to take care of...

This is my first time keeping one. I did not drip acclimatize it as I assumed it was just as hardy as any CUC. It went into some kind of shock and decided not to move for a couple of days. I thought it was a goner, till it moved a couple of inches. Works hard to keep the sand bed clean. I hope I can sustain it for as long as possible.

• 5 months later...

Lol... sad to say, it hasn't changed one bit. I do have a tank at home, so kinda neglected this one in the office. The Yashias and the pistol shrimp are still doing fine. The burrow looks very seasoned now, so its more natural looking.

Lol... sad to say, it hasn't changed one bit. I do have a tank at home, so kinda neglected this one in the office. The Yashias and the pistol shrimp are still doing fine. The burrow looks very seasoned now, so its more natural looking.

How about an updated FTS?

Like the tank so far. Makes me start thinking about doing something similar. I have a question or few :)

The back chamber. I know it's 6" but what are the dimensions of each section, and the most asked question, if you could, how would you have done it differently? Maybe I will do a tank that's 22"L x 22"W x 12"H with a back chamber, maybe not as wide but enough for a skimmer.

Thanks for the answer

And good luck with the tank :)

awesome build. what skimmer is that?

Thanks! That's a Bubble Magus 3.5 Cone Skimmer.

How about an updated FTS?

There's nothing to update! Lol... Would a brown Dum Dum be good?

Like the tank so far. Makes me start thinking about doing something similar. I have a question or few :)

The back chamber. I know it's 6" but what are the dimensions of each section, and the most asked question, if you could, how would you have done it differently? Maybe I will do a tank that's 22"L x 22"W x 12"H with a back chamber, maybe not as wide but enough for a skimmer.

Thanks for the answer

And good luck with the tank :)

The mechanical filtration section and the return pump section are 3". The rest will be the middle portion where I keep my skimmer and stuff some chaeto.

My tank is still without corals, so I can't really say if I needed to change things, but I would definitely like a wider mechanical filtration compartment. The filter wool gets choked pretty often, and changing the wool has become quite a PITA. Then again, it has something to do with the flow rate. I'm using an Eheim Compact 1000, so for a tank this size, it is pretty high turn over rate.

Hope my answers helped in your decisions.

• 1 month later...

My tank was flooded with tiny baby Yashas yesterday. Looks like the pair have been making good use of the burrow. :naughtydance: My camera wasn't available, so I'll try to take some photos the next time this happens. I wonder if anyone has successfully bred them and raised the babies to adulthood?

Oh sweet! She was prego when you got her? You should keep a few and sell the rest as "Aquacultured Pre-Paired Yasha Gobies, Specially Tank Raised By A Pistol Shrimp" and then sell them for $300 each. Thats what LiveAquaria does anyway.