Pod Your Reef

Peter's petite pair of picos

castiel

Thanks, Kat - the beginnings of it are here: http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=303614

I also think I worked out what happened to make the tanks crack. Couple of months ago we got a kitten. As curious as a cat can be. So we got some No Scratch Spray.

AN-0038_med.jpg

Natural oils, non-toxic, nothing chemical in there (at least not on the ingredients list). Couple of mornings I got up to find water on the floor and the lids caved in from where he had been sticking his goddamn paws in. So we sprayed around the tanks to stop him going over there. Forwards 2 months and the are cracking/crazing like shown above.

So lesson learned, and glad I worked it out - was driving me crazy that both would do this at once.

c'est la vie, I like the new tank and I'll set up another pico at some point in the future (just one, and made of glass!).

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Builder Anthony

wow that cracking is crazy.i never get plastic stuff anyways just because of scracthes.I could imagine me and a razor blade in there.Well use a razor on the glass tank it works great and its mostly one swipe if its new.

Archived