Pod Your Reef

Howl's Mushroom Forest

nathanq.inc

KeyboardWarrior
Nathan hasn't been on here since August :( Wish he'd pop in with an update!!!! ;)

I spoke to him on the UK nano forum this month just thought id pop over to his thread on here while i was visiting and see how things where going

• Like 1
  • Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I spoke to him on the UK nano forum this month just thought id pop over to his thread on here while i was visiting and see how things where going

Tell him to stop in here, if you speak with him again!!!! Thanks :happy:

I havn't read through the whole thread, but if one of your fish's names isn't Ponyo, one needs to be changed. =)

I had a yellow clown goby at the very beginning and her name was Ponyo. But she died :(

Nathan hasn't been on here since August :( Wish he'd pop in with an update!!!! ;)

Ok Update time!

sad news is the Possum wrasse is presumed dead! havent saw him since coming back from florida...

I have also removed all of my pulsing xenia! as it was getting far to much for this kind of tank and I have also organised to sell my GSP! im going to be removing a lot of the live rock and just generally tidying the tank up a bit.

I have been very busy since coming back from Florida. I met a girl, started university and started the third year of my apprenticeship! so I havent had a lot of time for anything really! I put a few posts up on the uk forum but other than that it has been very univentiful.

Since last time I have upgraded my flow - bought a tunze turbelle nanostream 6015 which produces an extra 1,800 litres per hour and I picked up a Maxijet MP900 powerhead to replace the standard pump in the tank. The flow in the tank is pretty heavy now and it took a good week for everything to settle down.

I have a few pictures though that I would like to share with you all!

file-19.jpg

file-18.jpg

file-17.jpg

file-16.jpg

file-15.jpg

file-13.jpg

file-12.jpg

file-11.jpg

file-10.jpg

file-9.jpg

I'd like to apologise for the quality of the images. they were taken with my phone for quickness!

KeyboardWarrior

Looks awesome as usual Nathan, I think I actually love your plate coral it so bright. Looking forward to seeing the result after you have redone the tank too I'm sure it'll look just as great. Are you keeping the clowns or changing stock too? It's a shame about the wrasse he was a cool looking little fish but well done on starting uni mate

Thanks a lot! yeh I've just had my first set of exams out the way so hopefully all went well! (I put a ton of effort into them).

The orange plate is my favourite thing in the whole tank and it needs more room! which is one of the ideas behind simplifying and giving it a bit more room (and possibly a friend?).

The clowns will stay! I'd love some different fish but I also really really love my two clowns, they are basically like pet dogs they have so much personality and I'd be very sad to see them go! I'd love to see them spawn but the female hates the male too much to even let him sleep near her haha!

What have you been upto anyway!? have you joined one of the forces? (guessing from your dp)

KeyboardWarrior

That's good one set down, what are you studying? Yeah d get another plate there are quite a few nice green ones out there but you can also get some really cool colours if you hold out and have the funds haha. I'm glad your keeping the clowns they look really healthy and bright and like you say they are easy to get attached too.

Well I'm getting back into the hobby, picked up a river reef 48 this month so just getting all the bits back together to hopefully start it up soon, going for DIY LED like you too so that'll keep me busy. I've been in the forces for years mate (4) joined when I was 16 and I'm 21 this month just changed my profile pic as I didn't have one on here before

Yay...you're back :happydance:

Tank is looking marvelous!!!!! As much as I hate seeing people "disappear" for a while...it's always fun to see the growth that has taken place, when they come back :) It really looks fantastic!!!!!

Congrats on all of your successes these past few months :happy:

• 3 weeks later...

I have started selling off lots of my live rock! the big GSP colony is away and one piece with some palythoas, xenia and red macro algae is leaving on friday! (unfortunately the live rock is only available to British based reefers due to location). Have lots more available as well.

Will need to get myself a big bucket and start cycling some nice rock now! possibly ceramic so I don't get any unwanted critters or algae.

Archived