Pod Your Reef

DHaut's Barracuda

Deleted User 6

True. The polyps on the top of it don't extend. I can't figure out if it's the flow (it's more direct for those polyps), or the higher lighting, since they get the LEDs full-on.

PE is polyp extension.

I found with mine that it preferred indirect light and moderate, indirect flow. It did seem a bit more sensitive to flow for PE than light. An interesting note, mine encrusted into crevices that it was definitely not getting enough light in (washed out, pale flesh) in order to reach other well-lit sections of rock rather happily - those portions of the coral that got light were fully colored.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Deleted User 6

That's interesting about how it encrusts. Mine is doing the same thing - moving through a cave to reach the other lit side.

Deleted User 6

wellsi i think. they're like the most common blastos in the hobby aren't they? i don't think i have anything particularly rare in my tank.

Deleted User 6

Added the locline splitter. I'm not sold on it. It's obtrusive and I'm having a hard time getting the flow like I want it in the tank. I'll have to see what I think after a few days.

Deleted User 6

The beginning of a ric garden:

i-QBMkVn4-L.jpg

i-65PcVLx-L.jpg

Running history of tank photos can be found via the Brief History link in the opening post.

Deleted User 6

Thanks. :happy:

The red in his body are the little red balls of food around him. He's completely transparent, and anything he eats can be easily seen, lol.

Deleted User 6

Thanks Kazooie.

Dasani, not sure what the common name is. In my friend's tank it had yellow flesh and red polyps, and is a branching digi.

Archived