Pod Your Reef

Virginia and Maryland

AReeferIsExpensive

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AReeferIsExpensive

just wanted to say that im glad roozens.com created a price list for all inverts/corals/fish.....

now i feel safer w/ the prices im getting cause they arent on the tank. ::printing::

EtOH_is_good

ah, roozens price list just in time. see you all looking to buy at roozens. etoh is off to put insulated container in car for his new purchases.

AReeferIsExpensive

leave me some zoos =P

speaking of which.....i think one day this summer we should all meet in roozen's parking lot and do some trading then go on a coral spree lol

• 4 weeks later...

They had a fire last week. Not sure what happened but i think they lost everything. They are shooting to reopend in last august.

Sucks...

quiksilver5768

who had a fire last week?

Hey everyone, I live in COlumbia, MD. A little more North than most of you all. Anyways, "AReeferIsExpensive", how big is that RBTA? Also, what are you experiences with keeping it? Hard to keep? Im assuming your talking about a Rose Bubble Tip Anemone right?

• 1 month later...
EtOH_is_good

i went and picked up my order from dr mac on sat (8/28). it took an hour for me to get to his place after crossing the bay bridge. the set up was very nice. he's got plenty of tanks and water volume right now and looks to be stocking them soon. dr mac said that he may be looking to open in oct.

• 2 weeks later...

Went to the Vienna Aquarium this weekend. They are pricy also. They did not have much at all for corals. Fish looked healty but no prices on anything. They wanted 25 for a small tomato clown, went to the reek tank and paid 15 for it.

• 4 weeks later...

I was just at House of Tropicals the other day and there was a coral tank that had nano frags in it. I'm pretty sure its new. I'm pretty new to all this and my tank is still just water but just wanted to let u know :) I live about 5 mins away so I'll probably try livestock from there at some point in the future.

-Phil

Dr. Mac will be at the WAMAS Fragfest this coming Saturday. A great way to get some of his corals without having to pay shipping, or waiting for his Retail store to open (which I was told was Mid to end of November)

WAMAS is the other area club, based more around Washington. Go to http:www.wamas.org for more details about the FragFest.

Both clubs are great and have very friendly and helpful members. Ok ok, alot of the same people are in both. :D Anyways, there will be Frag trading along with a workshop on making frags.

Michael

I would most likely go but I dont even have any corals to frag yet :( However, my TBS shipment is scheduled to come in tommorow so that should be enough to keep me busy :)

Hey I just wanted to say I bought a hammer coral, pink/rose rics and blue mushrooms from Dr. Mac. I met one of his guys at BWI at the commercial pickup area (where all of the satellite parking is).

Great stuff.

I have had it for about 5 months now. I started with 10 mushrooms now i have about 30 nice size blues. Hammer got stung and part of it died off but still is live and kicking. rics are nice too.

Def reccomend them to anyone. Would like to visit the facility over in Sals but it is quite a hike.

Any one near the hunt valley area trading or selling anything???

I'll post some updated pics soon.

Newbie... WAMAS is taking a trip over there on November 7th, sort of a 'Pre-Opening' trip. From what I see sounds like they may organize a BUS to take a group over. Would make it better than driving over yourself.

Michael

I believe it is:

Washington (DC) Area Marine Aquarist Society. Basically a Marine Tank club down around the DC area.

Really, I thought they (Ultimate Saltwater Aquariums) opened this weekend 15th, 16th.

Archived