Cultivated Reef

Kat's badass BC14, retired

metrokat

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NEW SCAPE!

IMG_20111010_191150.jpg

Not sure what to make of it yet. I'm still looking at it.

Nice rack :o I mean......shelf ;) love that look, lookin fine as always, keep it up!

I've been creepin' along on this thread for a while now. :happy:

Never got around to actually saying anything.

I like the new scape though :happydance:

I have a biocube 14 that's been sitting in my garage for a while now, that I want to plumb into my 75g reef. I never have the time to do it, but somehow I find time to sit on here for hours :P

Nice rack :o I mean......shelf ;) love that look, lookin fine as always, keep it up!

Wartskin! Behave yourself! :)

looks nice, with the halimeda and all ;)

what's the PVC thing in the middle?

Thank you Sq, did you just fine my thread? Happy to have you. Its just a temporary holder for frags till I buy more epoxy to glue more stuff down. Everything in the sand will be somewhere on the shelves if I can work it the right way.

I've been creepin' along on this thread for a while now. :happy:

Never got around to actually saying anything.

I like the new scape though :happydance:

I have a biocube 14 that's been sitting in my garage for a while now, that I want to plumb into my 75g reef. I never have the time to do it, but somehow I find time to sit on here for hours :P

Thanks. I just ordered the walmart pico that everyone made a mad rush to get, not even sure what ill do with it yet. Such an addiction.

I really like that halimeda on the rocks (try ordering one while clubbing and see what you get?).

Heh, Ill have to try that.

Added a hydor flo deflector. Not sure I like how far it is from the back wall.

IMG_20111016_201928.jpg

Sea Whip looks happy ;)

IMG_20111016_201950.jpg

One of my Astrea snails has 2 bumps on its shell, posting in the invertebrate forum for some answers on what it could be

IMG_20111016_201628.jpg

I love the new scape! and it's cool to see some familiar stuff in those pictures. :)

Where did the shrimp and yasha make their burrow? and did you get those neons yet?

The bumps on the snail are really peculiar. My first thought was parasitic limpets, but the "shells" are the wrong texture. I hope the snail's ok...

Where did the shrimp and yasha make their burrow? and did you get those neons yet?

The bumps on the snail are really peculiar. My first thought was parasitic limpets, but the "shells" are the wrong texture. I hope the snail's ok...

Piggy, the Yasha, is at the back of the tank. Don't have a shrimp for him, have the mistake instead. (Zebra shrimp, murderers). Just got home after being away a week, hope to get the neons tomorrow.

The snail seems fine, I haven't attempted to remove the bumps. No they aren't limpets, I have limpets, they are conical hard shells. This growth is a round blob, might even be spongy/soft, I'll have to check.

get rid of this stuff.

i-vTcMZMF-L.jpg

D, totally agree with you. giving the tank some time to recover from the dremel and gluing down I did last Sunday. The rose coral is only just showing recovery after 2 weeks. Plus I ran out of epoxy and loctite.

What you can't see is that the blasto is also on a plug. I have to dremel the plugs off.

Question on placement of the Kenya tree: would you suggest where it might be ideal?

Duncan and blasto are best in the sand, right?

thanks.

Deleted User 6
Question on placement of the Kenya tree: would you suggest where it might be ideal?.

the trash

Duncan and blasto are best in the sand, right?

do they grow on the sand in the wild? ask yourself that when thinking through coral placement.

i-Rfjkvgt-L.jpg

Brought home my neon goby pair. They found each other in the tank, :)

The daylight bulb on the BC burnt out today. Tank is barely 3 months old. I'll open the cover to see if it came loose or its toast. I've emailed Oceanic and petco about waranty replacements etc. 3 months is not supposed to be the lifespan.

I also got more epoxy! Sunday is gluing down day.

Coral RX because I'm expecting some coral from .Newman on Wednesday

And a frozen cyclopeeze bar for the little gobies.

He's impossible to get a picture of! Does the spidey thing, hanging upside down in the shadowy areas. Then he drives my Yasha out of his burrow, then he "fluffs" the mushrooms, attacks the nass snails. What a Dufus. That's his name BTW, Dufus.

On another note, the neon goby relationship might have ended, very strange. Yes they were a pair, followed each other everywhere at the LFS. Pecked at the other neons. In my tank they seemed to be together but one only comes out at feeding and then they were chasing each other, and not in a good way.

Can pairs have a lovers quarrel? Other than that I love them, they are so pretty and fiesty and active.

And my first usage of cyclopeeze resulted in everybody beaming with happiness. Piggy the Yasha has been milling about instead of staying in his burrow.

a good samaritan on the forum said he'll send me one this weekend. Petco said call so and so, Oceanic did respond saying there is no real warranty on the bulbs but he said he would send me a replacement anyway.

All said and done, yes I suppose.

the trash

This is solid advice for Kenya tree placements. That or pray you have poor, poor success with them. It took months to finally cull them back in my aquarium and I never did successfully get rid of it all...

This is solid advice for Kenya tree placements. That or pray you have poor, poor success with them. It took months to finally cull them back in my aquarium and I never did successfully get rid of it all...

If you must keep a softy like that, keep it where at the top of a rock and do not allow it to branch onto anything else. I made the mistake of putting pulsing xenia in the middle of my display between a horse-shoe of rocks, where the flow was slow enough that it was always pulsing... And after a few weeks I wanted to nuke my tank to get rid of it all.

Archived