Coral Vue Hydros

ska's 28gal macro algae display

skabooya

Yes it did explode in a month didnt it. lol.

That purple macro does look like blue ball. Im hoping so. :)

And that green one is like a tree. It has a single branch that resembles bamboo with all the ridges on it but the ridges are much much closer together. It feels rough.Actually its exactly like those wood stick instruments we played when we were kids where you rubbed the two ribbed sticks together to make sounds. And then there are branches comming out of the top and then the green leaves. It looks really pretty and it was a hitch hiker. I have no idea what it is but ive been looking. Its really nice though. bright green.

Yes I do dose. I dose KNO3, KH2PO4, iron, iodine, calcium/magnesium, baking soda, trace and amino acids. I also feed the fish daily and and feed the corals a variety of foods weekly.

similar to pinecone in shape but no. It has a thinner 'trunk' you can see in the picture. It also has branches and leaves just like a tree.

Where do you get your potassium phosphate? I was going to dose the pharmacutical enema solution to get phosphates, but powder potassium phosphate should work better.

I purchased them online on one of the planted tank forums a couple of years before I started up my salty tank. Its difficult to find in Canada so some people buy it in bulk and then sell it. Thats how I got mine. You dont need much so if you get a pound or two, it will last a while.

Cool. I like that the grape caulerpa overran the tank and since it's a macro tank you can be cool with it. I put some in my reef display not knowing what a terror it was years ago and I could never eradicate it from its rock. That is an impressive forest of Halimeda as well. Kudos.

• 4 weeks later...
Wouldn't a pistol shrimp bother the sexy's?

The candy stripe pistol is the biggest wuss of all pistols :P its likely it will never come out of its burrow at all. Plus from what I hear sexy's are pretty fast at getting away. If one tried to go down in his burrow he might snap at them. But I dont see him coming out looking to kill the sexy's.

Ska love this tank, its beautiful!

• 5 months later...

Archived