ReefCleaners.org

eksblenny ADA 30g, Ecotech Radion LED

eksblenny

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice nice, and the eel was hype's back then right?? haha :D glad, it's found a good home.

Ah this is not Rehype's eel. I think he still has his? I got mines shortly after.

you got a mesh top for your tank?

Yep, definitely have a mesh top. I remove it for photos though.

Deleted User 4

Oh really? I could've sworn I saw it in the past posts from hype... guess I read it wrong ahah.

Your tank looks so clean!!

I'll be following this one! This is an amazing tank, blenny! I love the rockwork and the colors. It is interesting how much red you are seeing with your Radion. I am not seeing it like that, but I also have mine much higher up. What intensity are you running yours at?

What intensity are you running yours at?

Since my light is so close to the water (to prevent light spill), my lights are set at a very low 30% (100% purple, 100% blue, 15% white, 100% red). Because I do not have much white light, the red shines through pretty strongly. Even at this level some of my lower light LPS have lightened up considerably and need to acclimate.

On another note, the Radion software is buggy for me. "15%" white on the Radion equates to about "45% white" on the Radion software (i.e. when I run in demo mode).

I was wondering what do you feed your meat coral? and your scolys?

I just feed them the same shrimp I feel my eel. Because I'm trying to go the exact opposite route of what I did before (not feeding at all), I am also broadcast feeding with Rod's Reef Food. Hopefully not enough to foul the water though!

buddythelion

I was about to decide not to get a golden dwarf moray because of the hassles it might bring about (having to have a top and it eating potential tank mates) but this thread helped me to decide to get one. Thanks! And beautiful tank. Which option for the marco key largo did you buy?

On another note, the Radion software is buggy for me. "15%" white on the Radion equates to about "45% white" on the Radion software (i.e. when I run in demo mode).

That is really weird. I haven't had that problem. I can't wait until their new web based program comes out that allows all of us Mac users to not have to borrow laptops from obscure friends to change our lights.

Which option for the marco key largo did you buy?

I bought 25lbs of the pre-cured Key Largo. It was way too much. I used maybe half of that amount and gave the rest of the pieces away. The Key Largo stuff is MUCH cleaner than the Fiji rock that Marco used to sell.

It is similar in cleanliness to the BRS rock which I have also used. The BRS rock has more variety in shapes but I think the Key Largo looks cooler with more gnarls and crevices. Unfortunately, all of the Key Largo rock was basically round shaped, so I broke some apart with a hammer to get more interesting shapes. The two rock structures you see in my tank are actually five different pieces of rock that have been bonded together.

I highly recommend the moray! As long as you have a screen top. He checks out the surface of the tank every night and he can definitely climb out if I didn't have the top. I notice you are local to me. I bought my eel locally from Steve in Daly City (he advertises on Craigslist). When I visited him a month ago, I saw he had over a dozen morays in stock. He charges a reasonable $130 for each. All my fish are actually from him.

buddythelion
I bought 25lbs of the pre-cured Key Largo. It was way too much. I used maybe half of that amount and gave the rest of the pieces away. The Key Largo stuff is MUCH cleaner than the Fiji rock that Marco used to sell.

It is similar in cleanliness to the BRS rock which I have also used. The BRS rock has more variety in shapes but I think the Key Largo looks cooler with more gnarls and crevices. Unfortunately, all of the Key Largo rock was basically round shaped, so I broke some apart with a hammer to get more interesting shapes. The two rock structures you see in my tank are actually five different pieces of rock that have been bonded together.

I highly recommend the moray! As long as you have a screen top. He checks out the surface of the tank every night and he can definitely climb out if I didn't have the top. I notice you are local to me. I bought my eel locally from Steve in Daly City (he advertises on Craigslist). When I visited him a month ago, I saw he had over a dozen morays in stock. He charges a reasonable $130 for each. All my fish are actually from him.

I've been to Steve once. But that's when he was low on stuff already. Missed out on the lineatus wrasses. Darn! 130 is a great price, and I think I'll be using the key largos like your tank, it looks great.

Did you get your corals form Steve as well?

Did you get your corals form Steve as well?

My yellow torch is from Steve but I think that's about it. He is currently selling only fish, but he tells me he will set up another coral "farm" pretty soon.

In my previous tank, the two big scolys are from Steve. I ended up giving one of them to my friend (he still has it, it is about 1ft in diameter), and I think the other one died when I had LPS problems.

Also my previous tank was with the BRS rock.

IMG_78381.jpg

Oh My God, your previous setup was freaking nice... what happened to it????!!!?????

I took it down. Last year I bought a condo and I completely neglected the tank. Most of the corals did fine but I got a major bryopsis and bubble algae outbreak. After several months of unsuccessfully dealing with it, I tore the tank down and set this one up. I carried over alot of the corals, but the scoly and carpet nems I gave to my friend (he still has them). As for the plates, I lost a few from the same LPS problem I lost one of my scolys, and later on I had to sell the rest of them to fund my wedding =(

I still have my green litho, though, even though it's not really a plate coral:

IMG_5525.jpg

Deleted User 4

Ahhh I see. Well your current tank is just as nice. Matter of fact, it's even better with all those equipments, lighting ahah.

d'Espresso
My yellow torch is from Steve but I think that's about it. He is currently selling only fish, but he tells me he will set up another coral "farm" pretty soon.

In my previous tank, the two big scolys are from Steve. I ended up giving one of them to my friend (he still has it, it is about 1ft in diameter), and I think the other one died when I had LPS problems.

Also my previous tank was with the BRS rock.

IMG_78381.jpg

Wow this brings back memory lane. I miss this scape u use to have but loving the new one you have right now. Your making me want to setup a little Lps tank. Lol

Deleted User 4
Wow this brings back memory lane. I miss this scape u use to have but loving the new one you have right now. Your making me want to setup a little Lps tank. Lol

+1 you should. I would definitely like to see this ahah.

that. eel. is. freaken. sweet.

is it a risk with small fish like clowns/anthias? if not.. I WANT ONE, btw is it pink in person or is that just your camera or somthing? either way, too cool!

I'm also a fan of your LPS, my favorite corals by far. good work!

buddythelion
Your lid keeps it from spilling out too much sexiness.

And the sexiness spreads... ;)

Thanks for the heads up. Steve had no corals when I was there but I saw him setting up the coral tanks. Looks promising. too bad it's about an hour drive in the city to get to him. I love that meat coral you have for the eel, haven't seen one as nice as that one before! So now I'm on the hunt to find one.

Archived