Coral Vue Hydros

eksblenny ADA 30g, Ecotech Radion LED

eksblenny

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Some new photos. Not much has changed. Still waiting for my LPS to color back up.

IMG_0192.jpg

I got a new fungia about a month ago. It is also a bit bleached and needs to color up.

IMG_0193.jpg

The eel is still doing well!

IMG_0201.jpg

saltwatercoral

Very nice tank! Love the golden dwarf eel! I want to get one for my tank but am not to sure if it's going to be the right fit or not. Is he hard to take care of? Will he all the Cleaner crew? :huh:

He is actually very easy to take care of. He feeds very well and is more active than I thought he would be. He also doesn't bother my snails or my coral. He may or may not bother cleaner shrimp, not sure about that.

• 3 weeks later...

This is such a nice tank! Do you have any updated shots? Have the SPS coloured up good? I notice that you use Key Largo Rocks, did you get algae issues using this rock? Does the rock leach phosphates?

Keep up the good work, hope to see new shots soon. :)

• 5 months later...

Wow it has been a long time since I updated. Some updates.

I got married. To fund the wedding, I sold most of my plates =( Good news is I replaced them with larger (and cheaper scolys) haha.

I realized I have been underfeeding the tank. Most of my frags are still alive, but they are still frags after almost a year! I have one polyp zoas that are still one polyp! The single polyps are healthy and big, but they don't grow extra polyps!

My remedy? I added a bunch of fish and am feeding 5 times a week. This has been going on for about a month and I am FINALLY seeing zoas growing and my SPS frags encrusting.

IMG_5460.jpg

IMG_5350-Version2.jpg

Lance the eel is still alive and kicking!

IMG_5533.jpg

My elegance has just hit the 5yr mark and still going strong (albeit small from lack of feeding)

IMG_5529.jpg

Can you tell me what ADA tank that is?

Only one similar is the 60p or 60H both which are 12" wide and not 18"

Maybe I'm wrong.. just wanted to know out of curiosity.

Can you tell me what ADA tank that is?

Only one similar is the 60p or 60H both which are 12" wide and not 18"

Maybe I'm wrong.. just wanted to know out of curiosity.

I'm not sure the model number. My tank measures 24" long by 18" wide by 18" high.

I didn't know but apparently there are two types of 60H a 30 or 45 version.

You have the ada 50H (45)

Looks great blenny!I was wondering where you went..

Hah Rehype your tank has grown out amazingly well. I hope to see your successes in my tank eventually...

Front view of the tank. Here you can easily see the red LEDs from the Radion:

IMG-56402.jpg

congrats on the marriage, so the eeel!! does it eat fish or inverts like sexy shrimp??

Thanks on the congrats! It does not eat fish in the tank. And the fish aren't afraid of it either (the bangai cardinal tries to steal food from its mouth). I don't have any shrimp so I cannot tell if it will eat shrimp.

That said it certainly will eat fish and shrimp on a skewer. I used to feed it bits of herring but to be safe I feed it primarily shrimp chunks now. For some reason it does not like squid.

It's definitely grown and I hope it doesn't get any bigger!

Archived