Top Shelf Aquatics

eksblenny ADA 30g, Ecotech Radion LED

eksblenny

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beautiful tank! Can't wait to see the progression and growth of your corals.

Your tank is the same dimensions as mine, and I have been contemplating getting rid of the tank for something else due to its dimensions. After seeing your tank though I have changed my mind and will be keeping my tank :)

Blenny,

Wow nice coral you picked out. Really sweet set up / glad you decided to keep the tank. :D what size is your frag tank?

Thanks for the compliments guys!

You have any plans for fish?

I originally had a clownfish and orchid dottyback in there. I ended up donating the clownfish and just picked up a golden dwarf moray! I had one a few years ago but it went carpet surfing. I've seen a few recent threads on the moray and I've been really wanting one again. This time I have a mesh top so I hope there will be "eel jerky" incidents this time around.

I imagine they must have cost you a pretty penny. It looks like you have some choice polyps there.

I certainly did spend more than I thought I would on zoas but mainly because of number of kinds of zoas rather than rarity of any particular zoa. There are tons of great people in the San Francisco Bay Area who have a great collection of zoas and sell them at really really low prices. I don't think I paid more than $20 for any individual polyp and I usually buy one polyp if the zoa is pretty pricey.

Did you get the cover from BRS? And, how's that A. versicolor doing? ;)

The tank cover was a DIY job (it actually came with the tank when I bought it). The versicolor is doing great! She's pretty big and I have to upgrade her enclosure.

Great set up and take a few of the frag rack

Will definitely do! Some photos below.

What size is your frag tank?

It is 12" x 12" x 6" high. It's very small, currently plumbed to the sump of the main tank.

IMG_9755.jpg

IMG_9753.jpg

IMG_9082.jpg

Looking good eksblenny! Your photography is great as well :happy:

Thanks alot! Been watching your tank thread and I think your photography is amazing!

The tank cover was a DIY job (it actually came with the tank when I bought it). The versicolor is doing great! She's pretty big and I have to upgrade her enclosure.

Pretty soon she's gonna look like this. ..

aversicc.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I have a new inhabitant... a golden dwarf moray! After 2 days of abstaining, he is now eating great! He scarfs down smelt, shrimp, squid, and mysis. He likes to hang out under the scoly!

IMG_9839.jpg

I have a new inhabitant... a golden dwarf moray! After 2 days of abstaining, he is now eating great! He scarfs down smelt, shrimp, squid, and mysis. He likes to hang out under the scoly!

IMG_9839.jpg

nice!

Thanks Rehype! The eel has made the scoly his permanent home for now so I was able to snap some much clearer pics. The photos are not white-balanced obviously.

IMG_9850.jpg

IMG_9856.jpg

IMG_9863.jpg

IMG_9885.jpg

IMG_9903.jpg

IMG_9908.jpg

IMG_9916.jpg

IMG_9925.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

My SPS frags are taking forever to acclimate and so the top of my rockwork still looks bare. In three months my three trochus snails have been spawning like crazy. I have maybe over 50 snails now ranging from babies to juveniles.

Here is a top down pic:

IMG_0127.jpg

Hows the sandbed? Maybe i need a change this time around from fine grade to something chunkier ;)

The sandbed so far is easier to maintain than I thought. After the diatoms went away it's been very clean. I use the CaribSea Reef Select. My ssb is super shallow, somewhere between .5 and 1 inch. I have 6 cerith snails, 1 nassarius, and 1 fighting conch.

Archived