inTank Media Baskets

Animalmaster6's Box Of Nothing! :D

animalmaster6

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lee Van Reef

Nice! This is going to be great!

You should probably look into a par 30/38. That would cover that little tank perfectly.

animalmaster6

Two new pages omgomgomg

That means I need at least two more pictures. Have to follow the thread rules. Weekly pic updates and New page/New Pic!

so what 5 different species?

so is your dad a fish nerd too?

I'm not sure what I'm doing yet. It all depends on what shows up on Diver's Den.

No, he's not.

Two spots are awesome too! There is one at the LFS I would love to own it but tailspots hit a soft spot in my heart.

People hate it when I recommend Odyssea lights but really if you are on a budget.... they work well.

I love Ecsenius blennies. They have an awesome personality.

I'll check those lights out.

What are the dimensions of the tank? Maybe a nice little t5 fixture? I like the possible bulb combos :)

Yes!! :wub: They are awesome! I really want to get a group of 4-5 of them in my 10g

It would be awesome to have some mini darts in this tank, although I don't think they do well and need to be kept in groups :(

I'll still suggest other gobies-Yasha goby! They are pretty shy, but so pretty! (Not sure if this would fit in your budget tho)

-Neon Goby

-Red Spot Trimma Goby

-Red Stripe Trimma Goby

-Eviota pellucida

-Eviota nigriventris

-Masked Goby

-Red Head Goby

I'm sure I'm forgetting some but I just went through LA and DD and wrote what I liked haha

For shrimp, you could get so many different kinds! I saw some cool looking ones in DD

I'd grab whatever nem shrimp you can find :P Like White Spot, Clear Cleaner, Blue Nem Shrimp, Red Nem Shrimp, Clown Cleaner, etc I could go on forever just about the Periclimenes shrimps :P

I'm thinking about LED's if I can get them for a good price.

Mini darts are very cool but I don't want to have to deal with the feedings right now.

For gobies I'm looking for very uncommon ones. I have some ideas but it's mainly what shows up on DD.

Periclmenes shrimps are what I'm looking for most.

how about a trio of sexies and a bumblebee? and a porcelin crab.

I don't want Bumblebee or Harlequin Shrimp because I love the micro brittles. Sexies and porcelain crabs are on the top of my list.

What kind of scape are you going to do?

Not sure yet.

Hello Michael (AM) and everyone here on his thread.

I can not believe the fact that you just received your tank today and all ready have 3 posted page long. I hope you will keep this tank going as i wanted to see it mature in the future with gobies nation!

i am also glad that everything went well with the UPS shipping! You can not believe what i had to through to ask the UPS guy to wrap it triple time to make sure the corner don't get busted! he laughed! lol

IMG_0022.jpg

Well, Just give it a good cleaning and it should be good again! If you need anything else let me know! i see what else i can do.

No need to thanks but just remember to do something nice for other helping reefers in the future.

Enjoy!

Sincerely your nano reefer,

David Bui

I really can't wait to get this going and finally get some gobies and it's all thanks to you :happy:

I'm giving everything a good clean and will get a bunch more pics up later on.

i thought animal master was a chick

I never knew what to think of you given your sig pic.

are you going to get harlequin shrimp? lurk5.gif

Probably not but you never know ;)

Nice! This is going to be great!

You should probably look into a par 30/38. That would cover that little tank perfectly.

Thanks!

I was actually thinking about a light like that. I love those fixtures too.

following this. It's gonna be a cool tank.

Thanks Key.

For gobies I'm looking for very uncommon ones. I have some ideas but it's mainly what shows up on DD.

Periclmenes shrimps are what I'm looking for most.

Didn't you find someone who found a source for those B. natans (sp?)

They are very cool :happy: Also, have you seen those little shrimp that live on acropora? There was a wild colony of SPS that came into my LFS, it had at least 5 of these little awesome shrimp, I still haven't been able to ID, some were almost completely clear, others (bigger ones) had large white spots. I'm not sure how they would do in captivity, but it's be neat to try! :)

animalmaster6
What's a little while? 2 years?

No probably half a year to a year.

Didn't you find someone who found a source for those B. natans (sp?)

They are very cool :happy: Also, have you seen those little shrimp that live on acropora? There was a wild colony of SPS that came into my LFS, it had at least 5 of these little awesome shrimp, I still haven't been able to ID, some were almost completely clear, others (bigger ones) had large white spots. I'm not sure how they would do in captivity, but it's be neat to try! :)

Yes I did but I don't want to say I'm interested until this tank is ready for them.

I would LOVE some of those but I think they may be difficult to find.

animalmaster6

I did some cleaning on the AC70 and the media basket today. The media basket cleaned up real nice but on the AC I had a little coralline left. Not a problem to me though.

Nice and clean :happy:

75GallonAquariumPicsREBELT1iETC010.jpg

75GallonAquariumPicsREBELT1iETC011.jpg

AC70

75GallonAquariumPicsREBELT1iETC012.jpg

75GallonAquariumPicsREBELT1iETC013.jpg

I also thought I'd take a few pics of my 29g FW. It currently has one Harlequin Rasbora, one Emerald Corydoras, one Lemon Tetra, one Zebra Danio, 3 Silver Hatchetfish, 2 Clown Plecos, one Kuhli Loach, and one Striped Raphael Catfish and tons of snails. I really need to stock it again.

75GallonAquariumPicsREBELT1iETC014.jpg

75GallonAquariumPicsREBELT1iETC015.jpg

75GallonAquariumPicsREBELT1iETC016.jpg

75GallonAquariumPicsREBELT1iETC017.jpg

animalmaster6
for the FW you should stock up on the schooling tetra and rasbora and get a few cories too.

I plan on getting a school of Lemon Tetras and another couple of danios. I also want a school of Marble Hatchetfish. I do want to get more cories, too.

animalmaster6
Guess what? My 29g was a FW before it was a reef. But it had real plants.

Mine's plastic but it has some moss balls in there. I would like to go live plant but I would rather put money and effort into SW than live plants.

Decided that you need some green banded gobies too... I LOVE mine. I want to buy another but, like an idiot, I convinced Ry05Coupe to buy the last two leaving none for me. It cracks me up how active the little dude is.

Get 2 of them, a tangora to pair with your randalli shrimp, and 2 neon blue gobies. Throw in a handful of sexies, and the twin spot and you'd have plenty of activity, color, and not many common critters!

Oh and not sure of the dimensions of your tank but aquatraders.com sells cheap lights.

Don't forget about fishneedit.com too.

animalmaster6
Decided that you need some green banded gobies too... I LOVE mine. I want to buy another but, like an idiot, I convinced Ry05Coupe to buy the last two leaving none for me. It cracks me up how active the little dude is.

Get 2 of them, a tangora to pair with your randalli shrimp, and 2 neon blue gobies. Throw in a handful of sexies, and the twin spot and you'd have plenty of activity, color, and not many common critters!

Oh and not sure of the dimensions of your tank but aquatraders.com sells cheap lights.

Don't forget about fishneedit.com too.

I had one before.

Those are all cool fish but I'm looking for different things. I want Trimma and Eviota gobies

My dimensions are 12x12. I'll check out those sites!

I had one before.

Those are all cool fish but I'm looking for different things. I want Trimma and Eviota gobies

My dimensions are 12x12. I'll check out those sites!

When you get your gobies, remember to train them to eat the food all in one line at a time. it is so funny!

Remember this picture of my gobies nation. :P

IMG_0005-3.jpg

Archived