Cultivated Reef

Animalmaster6's Box Of Nothing! :D

animalmaster6

animalmaster6
yeah those blennys are kinda ugly.

:lol: I actually love the way they look. I don't really care about looks though, it's personality and behavior.

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

how long will this tank stay empty? and why would you start a new tank and spend money on if you are already trying to save for the 125? going to transfer everything to it? but all that money spend on gobies...could be put tward starting your 125 cycled at least.

i don't see the logic in this tank, AM. but i still want to see it up and running.

so...when can we expect water in this tank? seriously. not trying to be funny.

Tank looks great! omgomgomg

What do you plan for lighting?

As for shrimp, I think a group of rock shrimp swimming around would be awesome, or 1-2 nem shrimp

animalmaster6
how long will this tank stay empty? and why would you start a new tank and spend money on if you are already trying to save for the 125? going to transfer everything to it? but all that money spend on gobies...could be put tward starting your 125 cycled at least.

i don't see the logic in this tank, AM. but i still want to see it up and running.

so...when can we expect water in this tank? seriously. not trying to be funny.

This tank will not stay empty for long, I promise you that.

I need to explain the 125, when I started getting into reefs a lot more me and my dad were originally getting a 90 gallon set system. All the sudden a free 125g showed up and we got it. The project was much, much more expensive and involved then we thought. Remember, at this time I wasn't mega into this stuff like I am now. The equipment is done it's just the food, clean up crew, sand, and all the small stuff that adds up to a lot of money. The 125 is my me and my dad's project. This 7.5g is my project. All the equipment for the 125 was bought by my dad and I was going to buy all the livestock.

Does that make any sense?

Tank looks great! omgomgomg

What do you plan for lighting?

As for shrimp, I think a group of rock shrimp swimming around would be awesome, or 1-2 nem shrimp

As for lighting I don't know :( I want SPS but my budget is very tight. I am going to browsing the classifieds for good deals.

I am planning on having a couple groups of anemone shrimps. I love them.

is this meant to be a reef?

Yes.

animalmaster6
Definitely a tailspot! Or maybe a tiger blenny! Just my $0.02

I'm thinking about a similar blenny called the Two Spot Bimaculatus Blenny.

can't you only get like 3 small gobies in this tank?

Not if you plan very well like I will. Gobies take up very little bioload it's just the territories and compatability that's the problem. Without knoweledge this shouldn't be done.

Two spots are awesome too! There is one at the LFS I would love to own it but tailspots hit a soft spot in my heart.

People hate it when I recommend Odyssea lights but really if you are on a budget.... they work well.

As for lighting I don't know :( I want SPS but my budget is very tight. I am going to browsing the classifieds for good deals.

I am planning on having a couple groups of anemone shrimps. I love them.

What are the dimensions of the tank? Maybe a nice little t5 fixture? I like the possible bulb combos :)

Yes!! :wub: They are awesome! I really want to get a group of 4-5 of them in my 10g

It would be awesome to have some mini darts in this tank, although I don't think they do well and need to be kept in groups :(

I'll still suggest other gobies :P

-Yasha goby! They are pretty shy, but so pretty! (Not sure if this would fit in your budget tho)

-Neon Goby

-Red Spot Trimma Goby

-Red Stripe Trimma Goby

-Eviota pellucida

-Eviota nigriventris

-Masked Goby

-Red Head Goby

I'm sure I'm forgetting some but I just went through LA and DD and wrote what I liked haha

For shrimp, you could get so many different kinds! I saw some cool looking ones in DD

I'd grab whatever nem shrimp you can find :P Like White Spot, Clear Cleaner, Blue Nem Shrimp, Red Nem Shrimp, Clown Cleaner, etc I could go on forever just about the Periclimenes shrimps :P

Hello Michael (AM) and everyone here on his thread.

I can not believe the fact that you just received your tank today and all ready have 3 posted page long. I hope you will keep this tank going as i wanted to see it mature in the future with gobies nation!

i am also glad that everything went well with the UPS shipping! You can not believe what i had to through to ask the UPS guy to wrap it triple time to make sure the corner don't get busted! he laughed! lol

IMG_0022.jpg

Well, Just give it a good cleaning and it should be good again! If you need anything else let me know! i see what else i can do.

No need to thanks but just remember to do something nice for other helping reefers in the future.

Enjoy!

Sincerely your nano reefer,

David Bui

i thought animal master was a chick

Hey Nip! glad you can join! lol

As you can see this is where my tank went to!

Archived