Pod Your Reef

Swull's ADA 60-P

swull

I must say that scape is EPIC! omgomgomg

Thanks JDH

Hopefully I will be able to get water and sand in the tank this weekend. :D

+1 to the awesome scape! I feel like I need new live rock :P

Thanks Schreiba

I don't think anything could make your tank look any better. Looks outstanding with the Mame!

can't wait to set up my 60-f we should have an ADA contest of some sort someday.. looking awesome btw

Thanks Ednangel

I can't wait to see your setup too!

Been a long day. Worked on getting all the holes drilled in the wall and the stand. Came out pretty good.

I'm using my old coral life PC light for the cycle. Waiting to see the new AI nano's, then i will choose 2 of those or 1 AI Sol. Also waiting to order my Do Aqua Lily Pipes. They are out of stock right now, ughh.

Drilling holes in drywall for Grommets. To run wires through the wall.

5969105002_f1f999a067.jpg

Power cords come through this grommet.

5969106286_669e331e86.jpg

Filter tubing grommets.

5968551759_73a1db1c51.jpg

Cords from Light go through this grommet, through the wall and out the grommet inside cabinet.

5968553751_4d4e962301.jpg

5968552209_49cbd0033a.jpg

Night shot

5969112088_434d34c3cc.jpg

Here's a shot of my RO/DI system.

5968547407_980c59c29b.jpg

Notice the torn insulation on Water heater. Wife left the door open and the dog got in and tore it apart, lol. Thank goodness she didn't chew the gas pipe.

Water is mixing and should be ready to fill the tank tomorrow.

Let the cycling begin!

5972918882_6be1d5fb47.jpg

5972922924_b16efdc933.jpg

5972922504_f137982114.jpg

Do you think the live sand and Marco dry rock have enough material on it to decompose and cycle properly?

The live sand probably, but not the dry rock. I still added ammonia to my tank to start the cycle quickly and efficiently and I have the same rocks as you.

Your tank looks amazing!

The live sand probably, but not the dry rock. I still added ammonia to my tank to start the cycle quickly and efficiently and I have the same rocks as you.

Your tank looks amazing!

Thanks Zer0

After 1 day all measurements are still 0. I think this weekend, if i get no ammonia reads, im going to try this Bacteria in a bottle.

tank looks great! I love the rock work! Cant wait to see it fill it!

Thanks fote03 :)

It looks so good in person. Its a shame nothing is in it yet :(

This is gonna be awesome. You picked a great tank for inspiration.

Thanks NU2REEFIN :)

• 2 weeks later...

Cycle Progress:

After the first 2 days of running all parameters were 0. There wasn't really any source of ammonia. So I added 6 tiny blue legged hermits, 1 sexy shrimp, and 1 bottle of Bio Spira. I then feed those guys generously for the next 2 days. I tested again and got a 0 read again. On Day 5 I added 2 clownfish and 1 cleaner shrimp. On Day 7 Parameters were Ammonia-0 Nitrite-0 Nitrate-5.

On day 7 my Black and White Ocellaris jumped out of the tank. I was really bummed out. :( It was hard to find a small one that was all black, most of them have an orange nose still.

I made a cover, for the tank, that i put on at night. I think when the lights came on it might have startled them and caused him to jump out. They like to swim right at the top of the tank at night.

I also got an MP 10, tends to be a little loud. I like how silent the tank is without it. I'm going to wait on putting it in, till its needed.

So besides my littleguy jumping out, everything is looking good so far :D

Ill get some pictures up this weekend

Don't worry about the noise from the MP10. Both of mine got much quieter after a couple months of use.

Sorry to hear about your carpet surfer, sometimes those things just happen.

Don't worry about the noise from the MP10. Both of mine got much quieter after a couple months of use.

Sorry to hear about your carpet surfer, sometimes those things just happen.

That is good to know, I was kind of regretting buying it. But if it gets a little quieter, it will be a nice addition to the circulation of the water.

Thanks Ben :)

• 4 weeks later...

Some Pictures

6084183984_4ef3447198.jpg

6084184448_9e89a4aabb.jpg

6083644675_b6bd0882cd.jpg

6084186200_af6f3a8fa3.jpg

6084186576_b132ffc7b8.jpg

My ricordia is splitting, woot 2 for the price of one.

6084187380_cb4ea74f65.jpg

Also one of my zoanthid came off, I guess thats what happened, and floated to a new spot.

6084185714_59eb33fb85.jpg

pismo_reefer

I really like yer scape!

Edit:

Fwiw, I like yer tank, too.

But, it's an ADA, so it kinda goes without saying.

Kinda the same way, you don't need to praise an exotic car.

Ya know?

Cool rock escape!

Thanks Sammy :D

I really like yer scape!

Edit:

Fwiw, I like yer tank, too.

But, it's an ADA, so it kinda goes without saying.

Kinda the same way, you don't need to praise an exotic car.

Ya know?

Thanks Pismo. Yeah, theres nothing like an ADA Tank :)

• 4 months later...

Heres an update:

In october I had the tank crash, lost everything except the two clowns.

I did a water change late in the evening and went to bed. Woke up the next morning and the corals were a mess. Did 3 emergency water changes but nothing helped. The corals died off fast and the shrimps and snails were dead by the second week.

The only thing that i did different with this water change was i Put my Purigen back in the canister filter, after recharging it for the first time. I soaked it in bleach like the directions said. Then i rinsed it really good and soaked it in di water with de-chlorinator for a couple days. I put extra de-chlorinator in it because i was afraid the bleach might get into the tank. Then i rinsed it out again and let it dry for a week in the window. Im assuming that the bleach still got in the tank some how.

I continued with water changes for the next month with just the clowns in the tank. The tank was consumed by brown alage for about 6 weeks. Was losing hope. Towards the end of december the brown algae started clearing up and I started to enjoy the tank once again. Still have some cynao algae but its slowly going away.

Here's some updated pictures:

6711479315_7fcb54771a.jpg

6711482501_622cbff269.jpg

6711484971_e003a0bc31.jpg

6711480585_d3a192dfa2.jpg

6711483917_9e89a36b75.jpg

6711483095_578dc97af5.jpg

Archived