SaltCritters.com

Cape Horn

JoelRHale

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks for the instructions on how to do it .. I'll try it when I run across a number of message that I want to reply to at the same time. I appreciate the help ..

Albert

Yes, the way to reply to multiple messages on the same thread in one message is to hit "quote" on all the messages you want to reply to, then when you have selected all the ones you want to respond to, scroll to the very bottom of the page and click on "add reply". (don't click "reply")

Hope that helped.

Joel: how are you holding up?

albertthiel

Thanks Kat ... I think I understand now

Albert

Yes, the way to reply to multiple messages on the same thread in one message is to hit "quote" on all the messages you want to reply to, then when you have selected all the ones you want to respond to, scroll to the very bottom of the page and click on "add reply". (don't click "reply")

Hope that helped.

Joel: how are you holding up?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all, just wanted to update to say that I hate my tank. :lol:

Skimmer malfunctioned somehow and pumped ~10 gallons all over my basement. No damage done but it was pita. Still having cyano but it doesn't look bad.

That's all.

Well, at least you can still smile about it ;)

I want to take my son to see Brave this week or next. You liked it right?

Ummmmm, yes. See it twice.

Brave, itself, is a good movie but what I liked more was the short before it called "La Luna." It was just really good. Pixar just makes good movies. All 13 they've made have opened up at the #1 spot.

This thread reminds me more of the simpler, friendlier days. Sigh.

Glad to see you're still alive bro ;)

Ummmmm, yes. See it twice.

Brave, itself, is a good movie but what I liked more was the short before it called "La Luna." It was just really good. Pixar just makes good movies. All 13 they've made have opened up at the #1 spot.

See Brave twice?????

Have you found the collection of pixar shorts that are available live stream from netflix???? We watched them one night. They are soooo funny!!!!! We'll probably see Brave on Friday.

And yes...Jordan. I agree with your assessment of this thread and the whole N-R community as of late. It's gone to hell in a hand basket. I miss the old days!!!!!!

albertthiel

Skimmer malfunctioned somehow and pumped ~10 gallons all over my basement. No damage done but it was pita. Still having cyano but it doesn't look bad.

That's all.

I know what you mean ... happened to me a couple of time years again ... worst was when a one-way valve got clogged and ended up emptying my 125 when I was living in CT .... everything went down the pvc pipe and into the sump which of course overflowed and then some ... A Mess ...

colormyheart

That's all.

Joel is back! omgomgomg I can live again!

Sorry about the skimmer malfunction. :(

And yes...Jordan. I agree with your assessment of this thread and the whole N-R community as of late. It's gone to hell in a hand basket. I miss the old days!!!!!!

It truly has :(

surgicalsense

:o

... the tank needs your TLC, Joel. Thats why :P

I agree totally!

When you get the love back from your tank, a few pics on here won't kill ya!

Glad to see you pop in now and then!!!!!

Yeah, I've heard tell from my friends here that are also my fb friends that it's gone downhill. I can't help but accept some responsibility. :P

Glad to see you're doing well too. B)

See Brave twice?????

Have you found the collection of pixar shorts that are available live stream from netflix???? We watched them one night. They are soooo funny!!!!! We'll probably see Brave on Friday.

Yeah, brave is too good, but the short before it, "La Luna," is way better.

I know what you mean ... happened to me a couple of time years again ... worst was when a one-way valve got clogged and ended up emptying my 125 when I was living in CT .... everything went down the pvc pipe and into the sump which of course overflowed and then some ... A Mess ...

That sounds awful! My next set up will take spill prevention in consideration and place it in the forefront of design.

Joel is back! omgomgomg I can live again!

Sorry about the skimmer malfunction. :(

Haha you can live again! It's okay, I have hopefully fixed it.

:o

... the tank needs your TLC, Joel. Thats why :P

It's too needly.

I agree totally!

When you get the love back from your tank, a few pics on here won't kill ya!

Glad to see you pop in now and then!!!!!

When the cyano is gone I'll snap some pics.

albertthiel
That sounds awful! My next set up will take spill prevention in consideration and place it in the forefront of design.

Sounds like a good idea indeed, wish I still had pics that I could find (I am sure I have them somewhere but no idea what I saved them on - could be zip disks we used in those days) so I could show you the damage when it happened to me.

I have been going through the zip disks but I have so many I have not found the kind of pics yet that I'd like to post here on the forum as they do not illustrate the points I would like to make but as I keep going through them when I have time, I am sure I will come across some interesting ones ...

Good luck in your planning and if you want input don't hesitate to ask here or on my Albert Thread in my sig.

Albert

Batman pants! You were missed.

Duh ... was something special going on Kat ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hey Joel, tank is looking great! How you been?
Bump, where are you Batman pants?
No joke, Joel, I really miss this thread.

Thanks all, I'm doing well. Right now I'm just in the weird period between work and school where I'm getting all my stuff together. I don't know if I posted this and I'm too lazy to look, but I'm not going to Boston anymore, I got a better offer from NKU Chase which is on the Kentucky side of Cincinnati. The way it will work out is that one year is Boston would cost more than my entire education at NKU, and on top of that I got into the joint MBA/JD program so it was a no brainer. It was a really late choice but I feel good about it.

The tank is going strong, even after that awful storm in June that knocked my power out for 3 days. Dotty is the lone fish now as she has done what damsels do best. Fred, Emily, and Clifford are all happy. One of my lights crapped out on the RB side so I'm going to have to send it away to get fixed but it's on the side that most of my softies are on so they are still happy. I don't really care about the tank much to be honest. It feels like more of chore than anything but I know with my mom taking care of it while I'm gone it will be nice to come home and see all the growth. I can't believe I thought I would move with it. :lol:

If I end up setting something up in my apartment I've decided to either do an Amano style planted or a sw mangrove thing. My mangroves might be my favorite part of the tank.

No pictures but just think of the "current FTS," make one side look more yellow without the RB, the GSP on the back wall is bigger, and there's specs of coralline everywhere because I got lazy with glass cleaning.

Everything sounds like it's well with you! I'm glad youre happy with your final school choice, even if it was last minute!

Interested to see the mini tank you set up too!

Everything sounds like it's well with you! I'm glad youre happy with your final school choice, even if it was last minute!

Interested to see the mini tank you set up too!

That's a big "if" if I set one up, I just left it open since I know how the bug can bite. :lol:

I don't know if I posted this and I'm too lazy to look, but I'm not going to Boston anymore, I got a better offer from NKU Chase which is on the Kentucky side of Cincinnati.

Let's go to King's Island.

Glad to hear things are going well for ya! We sure miss you here.

Once you start your practice, no one cares where you got your degree from!

Archived