ReefCleaners.org

Cape Horn

JoelRHale

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Spirofucci
Fred is awesome!

I also love the color on that monti, hope to see more pictures soon.

I agree!!!! More pics, Mr. Too Busy Pants.

• 2 weeks later...
albertthiel

Debelius reef lobster that would be of the Enoplometopus species. Had not seen one of those in a long long time but then I've been out of the hobby for a while :) ... Debelius discovered lots of interesting creatures while doing underwater photography. I have a book of his that shows some incredible stuff actually, just have to find where I stored it :)

Albert

Hope it was a good one!

And no, I didn't die. I've been worked to death, but my body hasn't gotten the memo yet. :P

He is a Debelius Reef Lobster and he is my favorite thing in the tank. B)

I was bummed at first but I'm really not concerning myself with it. All that means is that there is one less picky thing to go wrong while I'm away. :lol:

He's like an explorer now, I see him all the time!

albertthiel

That's dangerous .... work seriously interferes with reef tank keeping IME ... :)

Albert

Hey Mark!

Not much, just getting ready for work. What about you?

Hello Joel.

- June

:lol:

Hello, June

-Joel

OP get back in here!

I'm here!

Debelius reef lobster that would be of the Enoplometopus species. Had not seen one of those in a long long time but then I've been out of the hobby for a while :) ... Debelius discovered lots of interesting creatures while doing underwater photography. I have a book of his that shows some incredible stuff actually, just have to find where I stored it :)

Albert

Hey, Albert, thanks for stopping by. Yeah I don't see a lot of people with one, I think I'm the only one on NR that has one at the moment.

Joel are you still alive :(

I am, but my dog isn't. :( my fb friends here already know this but Friday she was put down. She had an inoperable bladder tumor that was on the verge of shutting her body down and causing her a terrible and agonizing end. I'm not happy about it but it was the responsible thing to do. I miss my sassy black lady though, every time I come home and don't hear her jingling towards me I get a pang of sadness.

I hope all is well with everyone!

That's dangerous .... work seriously interferes with reef tank keeping IME ... :)

Albert

Work sucks, end of story. :lol: I like it, don't get me wrong, it just is really inconvenient to me doing other things I'd rather do.

I'm sorry to hear about the puppy. Hugs

Thanks, Friday was really rough but I'm okay. The vet made me feel better about it. We gave her two expensive surgeries for kidney stones that she said many owners opt out of and put them down, then we went through the 3 years of giving her insulin. We basically have her 5 more years, more than half of her life, we did everything we possibly could and she lived a great life.

Here's the first and last picture I ever took of her:

7Ovh1.jpg

a0vEZ.jpg

Oh no !

So sorry to hear about your pup :( :( :(

Thank you, it will be okay. I'm more worried about my mom because she was much more attached.

all-dogs-go-to-heaven-disney-animation.jpg

Exactly.

albertthiel

Sorry to read about your dog .. I know how it feels. It has happened to me as well a few times over the years ...

On the unique critter yes you may very well be the only one to have one of those.

Albert

P.S. still not sure how replying to messages that have multiple quotes in them :(

:lol:

Hello, June

-Joel

I'm here!

Hey, Albert, thanks for stopping by. Yeah I don't see a lot of people with one, I think I'm the only one on NR that has one at the moment.

I am, but my dog isn't. :( my fb friends here already know this but Friday she was put down. She had an inoperable bladder tumor that was on the verge of shutting her body down and causing her a terrible and agonizing end. I'm not happy about it but it was the responsible thing to do. I miss my sassy black lady though, every time I come home and don't hear her jingling towards me I get a pang of sadness.

I hope all is well with everyone!

Work sucks, end of story. :lol: I like it, don't get me wrong, it just is really inconvenient to me doing other things I'd rather do.

A real shame and I understand how you feel ... sorry for what happened

Albert

Thanks, Friday was really rough but I'm okay. The vet made me feel better about it. We gave her two expensive surgeries for kidney stones that she said many owners opt out of and put them down, then we went through the 3 years of giving her insulin. We basically have her 5 more years, more than half of her life, we did everything we possibly could and she lived a great life.

Here's the first and last picture I ever took of her:

7Ovh1.jpg

a0vEZ.jpg

Sorry to read about your dog .. I know how it feels. It has happened to me as well a few times over the years ...

On the unique critter yes you may very well be the only one to have one of those.

Albert

P.S. still not sure how replying to messages that have multiple quotes in them :(

A real shame and I understand how you feel ... sorry for what happened

Albert

Thank you for the condolences. As for multiple replies, just hit "quote" at the bottom right of all the posts you're replying to and then hit "add reply," they will all show up on the next screen. B)

Hey Joel! So very sorry about the dog. In our family it's almost like losing a child.

Hope all is well with you otherwise.

albertthiel

Thanks for the instructions on how to do it .. I'll try it when I run across a number of message that I want to reply to at the same time. I appreciate the help ..

Albert

Thank you for the condolences. As for multiple replies, just hit "quote" at the bottom right of all the posts you're replying to and then hit "add reply," they will all show up on the next screen. B)
Hey Joel! So very sorry about the dog. In our family it's almost like losing a child.

Hope all is well with you otherwise.

Thanks, Mark, everything else is well. Hope you're doing well too!

Thanks for the instructions on how to do it .. I'll try it when I run across a number of message that I want to reply to at the same time. I appreciate the help ..

Albert

No problem!

Joel,

Just read about the dog...so sorry to hear. They really are part of the family and it is never easy. Hope you are doing well.

Hi Joel! Sorry to hear about your dog :( that's tough. But at least you know you gave her a more peaceful end than could have happened, with her family by her side :) I send well wishes! Hope all is well with everything else in your life.

albertthiel

Yes indeed very sorry to read it and I know how it feels as I have had the same happen to me a few times over the years. My approach has always been to get another puppy as soon as possible after it happened. It does not do away with what happened but it gives you a new focus ...

Sorry again

Albert

Sorry about our doggie, Joel. :feelsbatman:

Archived