Coral Vue Hydros

Cape Horn

JoelRHale

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, 50 Internet points to the person who can guess what caused the scar on my right hand above my middle finger knuckle. It's to the right of the shrimps tail.

It was not fish related.

Only one answer..........knife fight.

That little cleaner is so cool, I just got one myself!

surgicalsense

With the camparison of the size of your hand to the shrimp, it is just a little guy anyways. I have small hands and my cleaner is like the size of my index finger. LOL

Nice addition!

Thanks! B) I was never getting another shrimp but my lobster has done so well I decided to try it and I was fronting $30 for a blood fire when this is something I've not had much success with. :) will cleaners and blood fires play nice?

Only one answer..........knife fight.

That little cleaner is so cool, I just got one myself!

Nope! If no one guesses anything else in a little bit I'll tell you :D

So far I'm really happy with him :)

With the camparison of the size of your hand to the shrimp, it is just a little guy anyways. I have small hands and my cleaner is like the size of my index finger. LOL

He's like maybe 1.5" long. :)

surgicalsense
Crazy!

Here's him at work:

FoCRB.jpg

They are best friends!

Bdlzc.jpg

Not! :P

When ever my clowns come close to the cleaner it gets excited, but they bolt off. Will not let the shrimp clean them. Lastnight the cleaner was reversing and backed over my YWG and it just sat there, but no cleaning took place. Moody fish.

Haha okay good man! Really thinking about tearing down the cichlid tank, I'm not giving it the attention it needs. I won't upgrade until I move though. It will give me a chance to build a better sump from a 29 gallon. Or maybe custom to get as much space under the 75's stand as possible. What size are you upping to?

I'm actually planning on tearing my cichlid tank down as well. I like that tank a lot, but I'm totally neglecting it and anyways they're outgrowing the tank. My living room is too small for anything bigger than my 37 gallon, so I can't upgrade the tank for them anyway. I'm going to tear that tank down sometime in the next couple months and buy either a 20L or a 30 gallon because those two sizes will fit the stand I already have and move my reef tank into the bigger tank. I wish I could just keep the 37 gallon and put the reef tank in there, but its a tall so its horrible dimensions for a reef. I'd need crazy lighting and I can just barely reach the bottom of that tank if I stand on tiptoe and put my arm in up to my shoulder. That's not conducive to arranging coral and such, haha.

When ever my clowns come close to the cleaner it gets excited, but they bolt off. Will not let the shrimp clean them. Lastnight the cleaner was reversing and backed over my YWG and it just sat there, but no cleaning took place. Moody fish.

Was your watchman like, "Not tonight, I have a headache."? :lol:

I'm actually planning on tearing my cichlid tank down as well. I like that tank a lot, but I'm totally neglecting it and anyways they're outgrowing the tank. My living room is too small for anything bigger than my 37 gallon, so I can't upgrade the tank for them anyway. I'm going to tear that tank down sometime in the next couple months and buy either a 20L or a 30 gallon because those two sizes will fit the stand I already have and move my reef tank into the bigger tank. I wish I could just keep the 37 gallon and put the reef tank in there, but its a tall so its horrible dimensions for a reef. I'd need crazy lighting and I can just barely reach the bottom of that tank if I stand on tiptoe and put my arm in up to my shoulder. That's not conducive to arranging coral and such, haha.

That's exactly my situation. It's no where as exciting and my male zebra is preventing any mating so it's not making me money like it used to. My LFS I go to a lot is going to take all of the livestock for ~$100 in store credit. I'm going to do it in the next month or so I think. What's funny, anything over 100ppm nitrate is considered bad for cichlids and when I was keeping with it I was at <5ppm. I haven't changed the water in like 2 months except top offs and it's not even 20ppm. They deserve better homes though.

Nice! Glad he has 1 friend! The Angel seems to like him!

I will have to grab 1 or 2 then next time I get some $$$ while getting my water.

Yum, the onions are the best!

On the scar, was it a tank incident? Or something else?

The angel and shrimp are butt buddies I think. I've sat here maybe 30 minutes and he's cleaned him about 8 times. :lol:

Do it! :)

I'll just tell you all, it was a combination. The set up was drunk grilling at night. I was cooking stuff at a party and my friend was holding a kerosene lamp so I could see and being a drunk ass thought it would be funny to burn me. So he touched to my hand -_- then I tore it open on a nail about a week later which was easily one of the most painful things I've ever experienced... And I have kidney stones and have broke bones. :eek:

I'll just tell you all, it was a combination. The set up was drunk grilling at night. I was cooking stuff at a party and my friend was holding a kerosene lamp so I could see and being a drunk ass thought it would be funny to burn me. So he touched to my hand -_- then I tore it open on a nail about a week later which was easily one of the most painful things I've ever experienced... And I have kidney stones and have broke bones. :eek:

Kidney stones and Broke bones?

Friends are great aren't they? :P Mine would do the same if they didn't think I would get them back 10 fold!

I will probably in 2 weeks or so. The midas is out swimming with the clowns! And eating!

So the Angel has made a commitment to the cleaner shrimp! Have you got a name for him yet? What about Edgar (as in Edgar Allen Poe?)

I think I am going to name the Midas Poe.... Yeah I just did. LMAO Oi vae!

Kidney stones and Broke bones?

So the Angel has made a commitment to the cleaner shrimp! Have you got a name for him yet? What about Edgar (as in Edgar Allen Poe?)

The stones are genetic. -_- thanks dad. I've had 6 so far, 3 requiring lithotripsy to take care of it. So far only one has caused an attack so bad I had to go to the ER. They suck bad but since I know I will have to deal with them for another 20 years (your body usually stops making them around your early 40's), I'm just trying to just accept that I have them and not complain.

As hinted at a few pages ago, I love snowboarding and all sorts of things I can go way too fast on. The end of my skateboarding phase was jumping down a staircase but my hand got caught in the hand rail and I broke my radius and ulna pretty bad. But Mark Kissler (idk if you know him, he used to draw on PBS, the imagination station) signed my cast so it wasn't all bad :)

I'm going to name him Clyfford Still, after one of Rothko's few friends he did not have a huge blow out with.

It's a better blenny name anyways :)

The fire shrimp will establish a cave, and stay there.

The only time you'll see any interaction between the two,

will be when the Fire chases the Cleaner away from it's cave. :D

I had 3 Cleaner's, and 2 fire shrimp, in the same 30g.

They got along fine.

The fire shrimp will establish a cave, and stay there.

The only time you'll see any interaction between the two,

will be when the Fire chases the Cleaner away from it's cave. :D

Well my lobster is my cave dweller so no need for another B)

surgicalsense

:huh: ... Joe = random injury story + and health issue = same as Joe D with his bread baking story.

I think I need a beer now. LOL

Yea dude..... Fire shrimp are LAME.

They seem all cool at the store, when they're forced to be out in the open.

The second you release him into the tank, all you'll see is his stupid feeler's.... <_<

:huh: ... Joe = random injury story + and health issue = same as Joe D with his bread baking story.

I think I need a beer now. LOL

:lol:

The second you release him into the tank, all you'll see is his stupid feeler's.... <_<

That's exactly why I don't really like my lobster. When I see him it's so awesome. I see him maybe once a week. :rolleyes:

surgicalsense

Thats not completely true, Pismo ... My fire cleaner was lame, but now it is a pain in the ass. It was very shy at first but once it was hand fed, totally changed from shy to will not get the hell away from me when I have my arm in the tank.

Thats not completely true, Pismo ... My fire cleaner was lame, but now it is a pain in the ass. It was very shy at first but once it was hand fed, totally changed from shy to will not get the hell away from me when I have my arm in the tank.

This is true! Your fire shrimp is very outgoing. It cruises all around the tank and is mostly out in the open. That's quite unusual too. Mine have always hidden. You found a great one :)

Congrats, Joel, on the new cleaner! I still love both of mine...even if they do eat fish :eek:

Archived