Coral Vue Hydros

Cape Horn

JoelRHale

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We got some bums up in here!

You're the bum. :lol: I'm anxious to see some frags in that bad boy.

I'm still very hesistant to get a flame angel. Maybe one day. They do look great, though.

This one seems well behaved enough. If not I can take it to the other LFS and trade it. It's so graceful fluttering around. I've never had a dwarf and I love their movements, it's like crossing the fluttering of a tang with the inquisitive nature of a wrasse. He's not shy at all either, comes right up to the glass.

It's good you are discovering this now! I'm ok with either decision you make...because you got a flame :wub:

Don't forget new videos of Mark and Vinny and Fred too :)

For sure! The added money from not getting :ninja: means I can maybe get pink skunks... They are growing on me. Pink Skunks in a Purple Hammer. :wub:

Love the angel Joel! Nice buy.

Impulses have gone well lately! ;)

Oh yes! I'm feeling good about this impulse, especially if this SPS survives.

Good news on the SPS, it extended some white tentacles during feeding and from my reading that's a positive response?

New additions today I think :) Gena will like them I think.

Thanks, pismo! I knew it was acro but the guy at the place kept telling me it wasn't.

Good news on the SPS, it extended some white tentacles during feeding.

From my reading that's a positive response?

Yes... this is really good! B)

Yay! New stuff! omgomgomg

Thanks, pismo! I knew it was acro but the guy at the place kept telling me it wasn't.

Definitely an Acro.... No doubt about it.

Latistella, is the closest pic I could find w/ the same node 'cupping', and polyp formation.

Could be a NUMBER of different Acro's... we'll have to wait and see. :D

Next time "know-it-all" tell's you something....

Ask him this: "What makes it (_________)?"

Or, my personal favorite..... "What make's it NOT (______)!?"

Yea... anyone can say, "that's a (*blah, blah*)", but can they back it up? :eek:

Thanks bud, there are a few reasons I chose not to argue with him. First and foremost, I hate that store and only went there because I had no choice and wanted new things and wanted it to be as painless as possible lol. And the other is the fact that besides pictures and reading, I have no experience keeping SPS. :huh: the only SPS I've ever had was with a pink birdsnest when I knew nothing about keeping coral and the guy said it would be fine under PC :eek: needless to say, even in decent water, it just browned out and died. So while you have to take what employees there say with a grain of salt, there was the possibility he knew more :lol: I'm glad that I turned out right in the end! :D

This one seems well behaved enough. If not I can take it to the other LFS and trade it. It's so graceful fluttering around. I've never had a dwarf and I love their movements, it's like crossing the fluttering of a tang with the inquisitive nature of a wrasse. He's not shy at all either, comes right up to the glass.

You might've convinced me to give it a shot. Haha. My LFS gets Flame Angels in almost weekly. I have an emerald crab I always use for a bit of algae(eats cyano), but he loves my sps, too.. so I have to keep him in the sump and use him only if I see new algae growth.. I won't have any place but to trade in with a flame.. =/. Hoping 1st one I get will be just fine.

Shopping list this week or next:

Bartlett's Anthias

Flame Angel or wrasse of some sort

:haha:

Okay, so, I love this tank. I *never* got growth like this:

oO79l.jpg

When it went into the tank, it was 2 polyps: one of the green skirts and one of the brown, now there are 11 green skirts and 5 browns... That's more than 8x expansion in less than 20 days (knocking off time for stress and acclimation). There's also a fire and ice polyp by one of the mangroves that started as one and now is 5. All have little buds of soon to be open babies as well :)

Let's hope my acro gets the memo.

I have a feeling I know what, but I don't know for sure. The suspense is killing me :)

Okay, so, I love this tank. I *never* got growth like this:

oO79l.jpg

When it went into the tank, it was 2 polyps: one of the green skirts and one of the brown, now there are 11 green skirts and 5 browns... That's more than 8x expansion in less than 20 days (knocking off time for stress and acclimation). There's also a fire and ice polyp by one of the mangroves that started as one and now is 5. All have little buds of soon to be open babies as well :)

Let's hope my acro gets the memo.

I'm getting amazing growth too! I think it's the LEDs!

You might've convinced me to give it a shot. Haha. My LFS gets Flame Angels in almost weekly. I have an emerald crab I always use for a bit of algae(eats cyano), but he loves my sps, too.. so I have to keep him in the sump and use him only if I see new algae growth.. I won't have any place but to trade in with a flame.. =/. Hoping 1st one I get will be just fine.

Shopping list this week or next:

Bartlett's Anthias

Flame Angel or wrasse of some sort

:haha:

I had a mean as hell emerald in my 75 and he didn't do jack :lol: if you're worried about it and have a good LFS, ask them if you can put a deposit on one and have them put a few pieces of cheap coral in the tank with it and if it's fine after a week you're good I think. Now that's not fool proof but you'll at least get a fish that doesn't eat coral the first chance it gets. Good list of fish to get B)

I have a feeling I know what, but I don't know for sure. The suspense is killing me :)

I'm getting amazing growth too! I think it's the LEDs!

Yup, I'm sure you do ;)

pink skunks.

B)

Also getting a Frogspawn or Hammer. I'm leaning towards Frogspawn because they like higher light.

Okay so I decided on a Frogspawn for two reasons. 1. I like that it likes higher light. 2. I google imaged searched and the "real" unedited pictures of frogspawn looks more colorful to me.

So I did was any normal person does when they have $90 in store credit on liveaquaria, I just bought this:

ZnYF2.jpg

:happydance:

Niiiice... :D

Very clean looking frogspawn. Purple tips and the green is so vivid.

Awesome new frogspawn!

Thanks guys! Since its Diver's Den I know from experience that the photos are a tad touched up but my LEDs, clean water, and regular feeding should help it reach it's best color :)

I'd also like to introduce everyone to the new kids:

B9ULI.jpg

No idea on names but "Andy Warhol and Marilyn Monroe" sounds like a good set. :)

Thanks guys! Since its Diver's Den I know from experience that the photos are a tad touched up but my LEDs, clean water, and regular feeding should help it reach it's best color :)

I'd also like to introduce everyone to the new kids:

B9ULI.jpg

No idea on names but "Andy Warhol and Marilyn Monroe" sounds like a good set. :)

Wow, and I knew you when you was po!!!!!! lol :lol: Nice additions, when do you get the froggie?

omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg

You're killing me with all these fantastic new additions!!!!!!! :happydance:

Love the names (Warhol and Marilyn) too!!!!! You gotta go with those!!!!! Yep, it's official...this is my favorite n-r.com tank!!!!! :happy:

:lol:

Should have it Tuesday. B)

My YWG comes on Tuesday too :happy:

You\'re killing me with all these fantastic new additions!!!!!!! :happydance:

Love the names (Warhol and Marilyn) too!!!!! You gotta go with those!!!!! Yep, it\'s official...this is my favorite n-r.com tank!!!!! :happy:

My YWG comes on Tuesday too :happy:

I\'m only trying to keep up! I like the names too so they are now set in stone! They are little love birds too :) they\'re never more than 6\" apart and that\'s only when they get sidetracked and it\'s so cute when the other scampers back. I also love how only one has the cheek stripe, easy to tell apart.

:blush: I\'ve never thought about it, but your tank is the most mature, natural tank around. Yours looks so awesome because it\'s the closest to a natural reef IMO :flower:

I\'m jealous, I\'ve not added anything new lately except my GBTA. You bum you!!!!! :)

If we don\'t count the upgrade, I\'ve not added new livestock since mid/end July. Page 3 is really the last time I added anything new. The rest was rescaping, videos, off topic, the upgrade, etc. because I was waiting for the right thing to blow that store credit on B)

Edit: actually post #27 was the last new livestock added.

I like it.... B)

\"Mandalin\", (Hollywood.)

I like it, perfect term for referring to the two of them :)

I don't know what it did to my apostrophes but here's a video:

*only 30 seconds :)

I\'m only trying to keep up! I like the names too so they are now set in stone! They are little love birds too :) they\'re never more than 6\" apart and that\'s only when they get sidetracked and it\'s so cute when the other scampers back. I also love how only one has the cheek stripe, easy to tell apart.

:blush: I\'ve never thought about it, but your tank is the most mature, natural tank around. Yours looks so awesome because it\'s the closest to a natural reef IMO :flower:

If we don\'t count the upgrade, I\'ve not added new livestock since mid/end July. Page 3 is really the last time I added anything new. The rest was rescaping, videos, off topic, the upgrade, etc. because I was waiting for the right thing to blow that store credit on B)

Edit: actually post #27 was the last new livestock added.

I like it, perfect term for referring to the two of them :)

I don't know what it did to my apostrophes but here's a video:

*only 30 seconds :)

Great vid. Your flamer looks like it's settled in nicely. You skunks are too cute. Thanks for sharing.

Okay about the new additions, you were way over due, glad you treated yourself to something. :happydance: Can't wait to see your new froggie.....

Perfect choices. LOVED the video. I :wub: this tank!!!!!

:) I'm glad you like it! I think once I get the frogspawn and then whatever pismo has in store for me my tank will be perfect.... For at least a little bit :D

Great vid. Your flamer looks like it's settled in nicely. You skunks are too cute. Thanks for sharing.

Okay about the new additions, you were way over due, glad you treated yourself to something. :happydance: Can't wait to see your new froggie.....

I've said it either earlier here or on other threads, but if I lived near a better LFS I'd be broke! :lol:

I'm anxious for the froggy too! The great thing about liveaquaria is I don't have to worry about it arriving in poor condition B) I hope I can take good care of it and Mandalin like it :)

Nice! The new additions are awesome!

Thanks bud!

Archived